Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

PullmeSideways1341

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Super excited for both. Always been a Jeep guy and was thinking Ford wouldn't come through with the Bronco. I was wrong. I love it and I still love my JLUR SOT!

So I just put in a reservation for an Outer Banks edition for my wife. Should be fun having both in the garage next Spring! Feel blessed that we can have both.

The IFS is a reason for me to buy, because I see it being much better for road trips.

Cheers to more 4 door open top freedom!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I beg to differ on the performance gain of the 2.0 over the 3.6. Maybe not so much at lower elevations, but where I live the 2.0T is a much better performer over the 3.6. I test drove both and honestly could not even consider the 3.6 after that. But to each their own.
Real world data and not opinion show the two performing roughly the same. The 2.0 accelerates a little better and the 3.6 has more passing power. I said “relatively” little difference which is still true at elevation. In contrast the Ecoboosts show a real power difference between the two when compared to the Wrangler engines. It’s not a fair comparison to make at all.

theiowan

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler
Occupation
CPA
That a hard competition coming .
Not a Ford guy but need to admit they did a great job and a first edition fully loaded with a good engine with great torque and 35 etc etc et for 61K... message is clear
Now I understand why they leak the 392 concept .... they knew something big was coming
Let’s hope that we, customers, will take advantage of this off-roader war
Maybe this will motivate FCA to do something about the sloppy steering (wish-full thinking perhaps) I had a great purchase experience but FCA's failure to address the steering issue just might get me to at least consider a Bronco.

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Aesthetics will win this game. The true off roaders are a minority folks.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Going to wait until Wranglers mid-cycle refresh time do anything but if there aren’t some major innovations added, a visit to the Ford dealer will be in order.
I don’t think a refreshed JL can fix its shortcomings. I think this means JL won’t last 10 years like TJ/JK and Jeep will need to release “JM” sooner than planned.

I’m a spreadsheet guy. Plugged the numbers in real quick. I only plugged in what I’m most interested in comparing which is mostly the dimensions.
C372AD69-9445-466A-A146-1F7BDF00A74D.jpeg
At 5.5” wider, i hope Bronco has a proper dead pedal

Sponsored

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Respectfully disagree. The only reason Jeep got a pass from so many is because there were no alternatives. Hiding behind “It’s a Jeep thing” for quirks and quality issues isn’t going to work anymore when you can go visit the Ford dealer across the street and buy a vehicle that doesn’t wander all over and doesn’t leak water into the cabin when the doors are open in the rain.

Jeep has A LOT to do to catch up with quality and then on top of that, catching up with innovation. We know FCA can do it because they’ve done it with RAM in the super competitive truck market but they’ve not done the same with Wrangler. They’ve been complacent and played it safe. I fear this will be to their detriment.

It’s Jeeps market to lose, and I really hope they have something up their sleeves for mid-cycle. If they don’t, many of us will have Broncos in our garages.
Another big unknown regarding the Bronco. We know the JL has quality issues...the Bronco might be better....or worse if it rolls out like the new Explorer. I wouldn’t bet on
a new Ford model having great quality. I’m sure the folks at FCA are praying the Bronco is a piece of junk...

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Agree. I‘ve been looking at 1/2 ton trucks lately and went on the F150 forums this weekend to see what kind of issues they’ve had with both versions of their Ecoboost V6s (concerned with turbo longevity), and there was a thread with a guy who had 368,000 miles and counting on a 2.7. Apparently it’s the stock engine, turbos, transmission, etc., and he drives crazy miles delivering items on a moment’s notice across several southern states. No mention of towing anything, however, but still impressive.
And I think Ford added a port injector a few years ago to help with valve deposits, a concern with DI only engines.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I’ve never been brand loyal but I really like my Sahara... that will never rock crawl. It’s a possibility for us to end up with another good moderate trail capable vehicle and it seems the Bronco is a contender for that.

Sponsored

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
IDK, but I think when my JLU lease is up, this is going to give me a HUGE advantage if I decide to haggle for my 2dr willy.
I don't play for any team.
I like both the JL and the new 2dr Bronco

Competitive options are good for us, maybe dealers will be more willing to go 8% under invoice if there is a good competitor
IFS doesn't bother me at all, unless you need flex for rock crawling, which most people don't.

It comes down to this
If you want a Rock crawler with massive flex your going to go with a jeep.
If your a DD, trail rider, IFS is actually better.

Both to me look awesome, both can go topless/doorless, and both can do the off roading I like to do.

Finally something that doesn't piss me off in 2020

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy