Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My wife liked it. So I'll keep my wrangler and will get her a Bronco next year, once production exceeds demand and prices go down.
Sponsored

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My wife liked it. So I'll keep my wrangler and will get her a Bronco next year, once production exceeds demand and prices go down

Crimpcap

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Insight, 2016 CVO Streetglide
Maybe add still undecided? I watched it and saw a lot I liked, some I didn't. Still a lot of information to figure out. I really don't like the fender flares. I guess I well have to see it in person.

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Thank goodness there is now a real competitor. Has anyone been to a Jeep dealer service department recently?

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I’m hoping this will at least push Jeep to do a Willys with a locker and decent gears.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
There is lots about the Bronco to like. But the Wrangler is a modern classic. The real news here that matters to many of us Jeep owners are the engine choices. Both Ford engines are already well proven and both are better choices than what Jeep offers. I will however say that I prefer the ZF 8 speed auto to the Ford/GM 10 speed.

The 2.3 EcoBoost outperforms the 3.6 Pentastar. The 2.7 V6 EcoBoost in in another category that Jeep can't match at this time. I belive that Jeep moved eTorque to the 3.6 for 2021 to counter the 2.7 EB, but there is no comparison. You can supercharge the 3.6, but it won't be as efficient. FCA should start offering a factory supercharger now. I don't understand how Ford has been allowed to own and refine the turbocharged V6 market for 10 years with no competition from GM or FCA. I'm sure there is a file somewhere at FCA with fully engineered and tested turbo Pentastar plans and results.

breakerbaker

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.0 JLU Sport S, 2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650, 2003 100th Anniversary Harley-Davidson Softtail
Occupation
Navy Doc
Considering I already built and purchased my 2021 JLU... I will wait 5 years to see how the Bronco holds up and availability of aftermarket parts. Plus hopefully Jeep modifies some items to help compete with the Bronco.

5adventurers

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1991 Toyota Pickup
I excitedly watched as I am a fan of many off road vehicles. My favorites are the FJ 40, the old bobtail Bronco (which the new one was designed around) and old CJ5 and 7s. So, I've never been brand loyal, but I enjoy what others create and enjoying the purpose for them.

That said, I've been very happy with my Jeep and see no need to pull the switch. Plus...I do like the strength and "flexibility" of the front axle. Additionally, while they have a lot of stuff made just to bolt on, they'll still have supply issues, bugs and people getting on board. There is overwhelming data and LONG established support for the jeep.

They did put down a nice powertrain, crawl ratio, and mirrors not on the doors. I'll definitely go see them in person, might even want to drive one....but I love what is mine.

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Firecracker Red
Like everyone else I am looking forward to the Bronco. Now I have no plans of getting rid of my JLUR but the Bronco will definitely make FCA step up the game.

Honestly you can tell Ford has been trolling the JL since its release. Watched all the YouTube jeep reviews. Trolled the Forums...like this for sure and basically starting make their list....and they made the Bronco to put a fix on all the complaints Jeep folks had.

Ford has a flare for flashy that's for sure. Like the G.O.A.T. system...its the same terrain management they have had for years...they just renamed it. Most of what I seen are creature comforts....Off roading for Dummies basically. Some are cool and some are...Mehta!

The doors in the back seems cool....but unrealistic...I always have gear in the back...there's clearly no way to put those doors back there with any usable cargo space. The multi panel roof is kind of nice and like easier to store all the panels.

Jeep has time to step up...and release some of their concept stuff like the half doors.

Personally I wouldn't mind just some half doors.

Dont get me wrong...I am impressed and look forward to it. But let's not forget that Ford let the Bronco die out 24 years ago while Jeep continued to produce....

In 10 years this thing will turn into another F150 with a cap on it.

Sponsored

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
I'm sure there is a file somewhere at FCA with fully engineered and tested turbo Pentastar plans and results.
Unfortunately the results weren't good.

Pentastar was supposed to get direct injection and turbocharging, but apparently had bad results with the former. That's what prompted the new I6 they're basing off of the 2.0l.

mintswitch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. I just watched the reveal along with a few other third party videos and I gotta say that the new Bronco looks pretty impressive... IF the base models still actually look good.

However, the 'computer enhanced images' are painfully obvious. Many parts looks super fake. I want to see normal, real world stuff. Not the super high-end trim/package with professional drivers and digital effects. The reveal felt like I was watching some kind of action movie as opposed to a product ad. Ford went all out with 'wow factor'.

Also, check out the 6:40 mark on the official reveal video:

LOL! Are you serious?? Sorry, but that is pure marketing BS right there. There is no way that is even remotely real.

With all that being said, the specs and static images of the new Bronco still do look pretty awesome. I am excited to see the actual real vehicle.

The main thing that intrigues me is the front suspension. Solid axles are still great, but I do sometimes wish I had a smoother ride.