Sponsored

Base Model Drivers...Do you hate roll-up windows/manual locks?

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I've never once thought, "I wish I had power windows"

I think "I wish I had power locks" every time I get out of my Jeep.
Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I have owned enough stripped down cars to know not having power windows etc absolutely sucks! And in the 20 or so cars i have owned over the past 30 years i have never had to replace a window motor. And one of those was an Eagle Talon so that is saying a lot.
You owned an Eagle Talon !? No way ! Why?

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Excellent feedback. Thank you all. I'm actually getting a Gladiator but asked the question here as the Wrangler and its drivers have much more history than the Gladiator....same issue though. I think I'm going with the Sport S...mostly for the power locks issue.

Cheers!
Might be worth doing a pricing comparison between the S and the base Sport with selected features added. My Sport had auto tran, a/c, hardtop, tint, and limited slip added, and still was cheaper than an S. Sticker was 35k, I paid 32k.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Might be worth doing a pricing comparison between the S and the base Sport with selected features added. My Sport had auto tran, a/c, hardtop, tint, and limited slip added, and still was cheaper than an S. Sticker was 35k, I paid 32k.
Same here. I like to pay my vehicles with 75% Cash. So my Sport was still way cheaper than an S. I was able to find some "S" Models for around 35k but they had a SOFT TOP and no Limited SLIP.

I ended up getting my SPORT Unlimited with 8spd, Hard Top, Limited Slip for like 34K Out the Door after Taxes and registration etc. I'm already almost paid off. I'd rather have a paid off jeep than a higher trim level and still owing on it. Honestly the Power Windows hasn't bothered me. I live in Texas. Our only seasons are blazing HOT (need windows up with A/C) and COLD ( need windows up with heater).

Sponsored

CallMeJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I actually prefer the manual doors and windows. Less junk to go bad and have to deal with down the road. I can reach all four door locks easily from the driver’s side and can roll down the front windows while driving with ease. I’m only 5’10”

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
I’ve gotten used to not having power anything, but it would be a nice thing to have again.

If I get rid of my hard top and go for a soft top it’ll be more of a reason to keep my rolly windows and not worry about locking my jeep.

I’m also planning on a diabolical slipstream enclosure for the rear to mitigate some sod my security concerns.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

it would be nice if they made a stripper version of the Rubicon which would be a base sport with the rubi axles/lockers/transfer case and disco. they probably think people wouldnt buy it. i would.

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
it would be nice if they made a stripper version of the Rubicon which would be a base sport with the rubi axles/lockers/transfer case and disco. they probably think people wouldnt buy it. i would.
They probably think the exact opposite. Too many would buy it and not the nicer rubicon version. I'd buy the stripped down 2 dr version especially if it came with factory half doors!

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t know, my first jk was manual everything. Then i got a new chevy zr2, with remote start, heated seats, power seats etc etc.

when i got the JL i wanted to go back to barebones, manual everything again. But power locks would be nice........

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I went to the dealership and said I want manual windows/manual seats/manual locks and a manual transmission.

Nov. 11th will be my year mark and couldn’t be happier.

I get compliments all the time actually “This thing is barebones, old school, rugged, I like it!”

I think people get a slight feeling of nostalgia minus the 7” screen lol

Patsloft

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Clubs

Hello.

I'm considering the base model and wondered if members with the base model ended up hating the roll up windows and manual locks....especially for 4 doors. Should I just pay up for the Sport S? Interested in whether you can live with it or if you seriously regret it.

Thank you.
Yeah I hate auto door locks and windows as much as Air Conditioning

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
If this is being asked it sounds like buyers remorse. Just saying.

JeepJLBase

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
It’s an inconvenience when others are riding along. Everyone assumes that I have power locks and don’t try to lock the doors behind them.

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport
Just went outside to roll up my windows and didnt even need keys. For every minus theres sometimes an unexpected plus:)
Sponsored