Backup Lights

Cntr78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Like many of you, I've been struggling with my backup lights.

This thread was very helpful. Thank you all. I found a single row 6" LED light on Amazon that is great. Tapped into the white wire with the orange trace in the tow hitch I installed a few months back, grounded it and off I went.

My off-roading consists of forrest roads and hitting the dunes along the Jersey shore, so not worried about any damage. Just thrilled I can see now.

My favorite part is that you can't see it at all if you don't know what you're looking for. My whole theme is black on black on black stock stealth. (Set up for towing our camper, added tow hitch, wiring harness, airlift 1000 bags, re-gear to 4.56 from 3.43, etc.)
And yes, the muffler is next. Already have a can of high heat matte black ready to go.
IMG_20220124_133235.jpg
IMG_20220124_133226__01.jpg
IMG_20220124_133242__01.jpg
IMG_20220124_184303.jpg

Sponsored

beammmer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL two-door, 2017 X5, 1973 2002
Like many of you, I've been struggling with my backup lights.

This thread was very helpful. Thank you all. I found a single row 6" LED light on Amazon that is great. Tapped into the white wire with the orange trace in the tow hitch I installed a few months back, grounded it and off I went.

My off-roading consists of forrest roads and hitting the dunes along the Jersey shore, so not worried about any damage. Just thrilled I can see now.

My favorite part is that you can't see it at all if you don't know what you're looking for. My whole theme is black on black on black stock stealth. (Set up for towing our camper, added tow hitch, wiring harness, airlift 1000 bags, re-gear to 4.56 from 3.43, etc.)
And yes, the muffler is next. Already have a can of high heat matte black ready to go.

Please pass on the amazon link, thanks. Looks great.

Don

Cntr78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Hello Everyone,
The reverse light is a great idea, we offer a low profile light for jeep specifically that can help with the issues you are having. I would recommend our S1 being 2.1inches squared it would fit perfectly under or above the rear bumper. I will be taking over the BD forum account so if anyone has any questions or concerns feel free to reach out.

Best,
Brock Brunkhorst

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Hello Everyone,
The reverse light is a great idea, we offer a low profile light for jeep specifically that can help with the issues you are having. I would recommend our S1 being 2.1inches squared it would fit perfectly under or above the rear bumper. I will be taking over the BD forum account so if anyone has any questions or concerns feel free to reach out.

Best,
Brock Brunkhorst
Any pics of the product?

Sponsored

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Hey Nick,
Yes here are a few pics of the s1. Also if the s1 does not interest you the s2 is another great alternative. What makes this option great is the small profile which wont impede on approach and exit angles if mounted on bumpers.
Jeep Wrangler JL Backup Lights 380000_l
Jeep Wrangler JL Backup Lights S1_2
Jeep Wrangler JL Backup Lights s1 specs

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Thank you for sharing and I just ordered! I am sure somebody crafty could put this together for far less, but I don't mind paying for the convenience as I am not that crafty person!
Received it today, install was easy and output is fantastic.
Jeep Wrangler JL Backup Lights B16E93FD-CCD4-4F06-B113-2E17F75022A0
Jeep Wrangler JL Backup Lights E4E91854-912F-4448-9020-42DD5182EB52
Jeep Wrangler JL Backup Lights 862E9AB4-6B31-4818-9D8B-452B7AE2489D

TopKatz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I'm getting ready to do this with Diode Dynamics SSC1 and their reverse light harness. I have a couple questions that you guys might be able to assist with.

1. Does anyone know which wire in the tail light harness is the running lights? The SSC1 has an ambient running light feature that needs that to function.
  2. The harness has a switch and a relay, should I still install diodes : https://www.diodedynamics.com/rever...XsO-UUub7vjI6OTz1gO8t7Wr1fDhTTsBoCfQIQAvD_BwE
  3. I'm running oracle smoked LED tails that have diodes in them already, will this negate the need for diodes?

Thanks in advance

DKAwildcat

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara, 2008 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster, & 2015 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
I'm getting ready to do this with Diode Dynamics SSC1 and their reverse light harness. I have a couple questions that you guys might be able to assist with.

1. Does anyone know which wire in the tail light harness is the running lights? The SSC1 has an ambient running light feature that needs that to function.
  2. The harness has a switch and a relay, should I still install diodes : https://www.diodedynamics.com/rever...XsO-UUub7vjI6OTz1gO8t7Wr1fDhTTsBoCfQIQAvD_BwE
  3. I'm running oracle smoked LED tails that have diodes in them already, will this negate the need for diodes?

Thanks in advance
See this post (https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jeep-jl-wrangler-wiring-diagrams.19185/). Look under “Lamp Assembly“ left or right rear.

TopKatz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Yeah, I have been looking at the rear tail one. It’s not very clear for the running light.
Sponsored