Sponsored

Backup Lights

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Same here harness works great. I’m trying now to power two led lights on the bumper but would like to tap into a reverse light of this harness as Viper mentioned. Problem is ETrailer when I contacted them could not advise if the tow harness even had a reverse backup wire so that solution might not work. Which means tapping into the Jeep wiring directly.
Don't tap into the Jeep wiring. Tap into the eTrailer wiring harness for the brake light. That way you can just unplug and remove the eTrailer harness if there is a warranty issue later.

The eTrailer "T" harness has all of the wires including the back up. You just need to figure out which wire between the plugs it is. Then tap into it. Or you can tap into the brake wire at the 4-pole harness.

A 4-Way trailer connector has the basic lighting functions only; running lights, left turn signal and brake lights, right turn signal and brake lights, and ground.

I think the brake light is YELLOW or GREEN in a 4-pole harness? You should be able to use either the yellow or green.

Wiring configuration for 4-pole trailer wiring Harness. Double check this.
  • White: ground wire
  • Yellow: left turn/brake light
  • Green: right turn/brake light
  • Brown - tail lights

https://www.etrailer.com/question-136174.html

Last edited:

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Don't tap into the Jeep wiring. Tap into the eTrailer wiring harness for the brake light. That way you can just unplug and remove the eTrailer harness if there is a warranty issue later.

The eTrailer "T" harness has all of the wires including the back up. You just need to figure out which wire between the plugs it is. Then tap into it. Or you can tap into the brake wire at the 4-pole harness.

A 4-Way trailer connector has the basic lighting functions only; running lights, left turn signal and brake lights, right turn signal and brake lights, and ground.

I think the brake light is YELLOW or GREEN in a 4-pole harness? You should be able to use either the yellow or green.

Wiring configuration for 4-pole trailer wiring Harness. Double check this.
  • White: ground wire
  • Yellow: left turn/brake light
  • Green: right turn/brake light
  • Brown - tail lights

https://www.etrailer.com/question-136174.html

Thanks. Did exactly that at the curt harness.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/backup-lights.10763/page-35#post-1062180

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Mind taking a photo of the screen once you wire them up? Curious how the light looks on those from that angle on the camera.
Here you go.
One with brake depressed and another without. Little bit of a pattern and heavy center focus due to the lack of spacing, but much better than just stock backup lights.

D4B29B91-1989-4A61-811A-8390922F9BE7.jpeg

87999859-4096-44D4-9755-14F8B848CCCD.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
Anyone mount the Rigid Ignite Backups into their plastic bumper on the top? I’m thinking of grabbing a pair and mounting them On top of my bumper and wiring directly to my Aux 4 switch.

Gibbage

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue Sport S
Occupation
3D Artist
My solution. I purchased a 7 pin hitch connector and wired it into that. This way I can unplug it when I tow something. Very clean and bright! In total, it only ran me $50 for the entire install. I made a video of it if anyone wants to do the same.

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
Nice
My solution. I purchased a 7 pin hitch connector and wired it into that. This way I can unplug it when I tow something. Very clean and bright! In total, it only ran me $50 for the entire install. I made a video of it if anyone wants to do the same.

Nice video! I need some of those screw anchors so I can mount lights on my plastic rear bumper.

Gibbage

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue Sport S
Occupation
3D Artist

Sponsored

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
I love it! Can't quite tell how they are mounted. Have more pics?
The lights come with mounting tabs (see photo), nuts and bolts. I turned the mounting tab backwards, drilled directly into the spare tire carrier and used the supplied nuts and bolts to attach to the spare tire carrier.

310BC18D-6989-4B54-8218-DE0D5D223108.jpeg

Memphis Peej

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Acura TSX, 2019 Moab!!!
This was an excellent write up! Thank you. The photos are extremely helpful. I’ve already added reverse lights (see my post way back in this thread) but I might switch to this!

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score