backup camera suddenly stopped working

ashg2000

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Same here.... backup camera went black today with 2058 miles on the Jeep. Also randomly the speedometer shows 999,999 miles on the jeep.
Sponsored

MNSeapilot

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Had it last Friday, did not work, sat in a parking lot for an hour then worked again.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
8C3CC92A-2B36-4FF5-8017-D2EC1CB6FB4F.jpeg
Mine just went dark too.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Big Brother was watching you, and saw you didn't Check Your Surroundings.
Oh i checked. Just not my “entire” surroundings i guess. FCA’s lawyer must have wrote that, lol.

Sponsored

GordonZoo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram ED
Occupation
Most Everything
Yep happened to me this morning. First problem I've had. Checked again after I got to work and still nothing. Now this afternoon all is well. I'm having it looked at next week. I also have a Ram where I had a fuzzy screen and it was just a connection problem. I'm thinking it's a similar issue.

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
I've never owned any backup camera in any vehicle , and I've never backed into anything . I use my spare tire on my JK 2-door for a reference when backing up ; and I back into parking spaces which have Bentley suvs parked behind me , and Rolls-Royces in front , (when I drive to my doctor in Beverly Hills) .

I let those rich owners worry about it ; they can put out orange cones in adjacent parking spaces if they don't want anyone parking near them . If it is federally mandated , they have too much time on their hands . I fail to understand how a bumper bump has anything to do with safety . That's what the word bumper means : to bump .

If they are interested in safety , they ought to outlaw vehicle parking lots at bars and alcohol-serving restaurants . That might put a dent in the drunk driving .
If you don’t have anything construction to add, please refrain from commenting. Sorry you’re a grumpy jerk who hates technology.

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Happened to me today. Multiple restarts after opening door, still not working.

Spotteddawg

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara JL
Same thing happened to me on Monday. I disconnected the batteries and let them sit unconnected overnight. Reconnected them in the morning and the back up camera & blue screen issue was gone. Hope that helps.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Fuse F11 from the fuse box controls power to the UConnect's USB and auxiliary ports. Suggest you use the fuse to force a reboot of your 8.4 radio.

IF you happen to have a Tazer JL or Tazer JL Lite, just do a full reboot using the programmer. Anyway, strong possibility the reboot of the 8.4 will get the issue remedied at least temporarily.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Same thing happened to me on Monday. I disconnected the batteries and let them sit unconnected overnight. Reconnected them in the morning and the back up camera & blue screen issue was gone. Hope that helps.
@Spotteddawg

Rather then the 12v disconnect.... Just pull fuse F11. Easier to do. 8-)

Fuse F11 from the fuse box controls power to the UConnect's USB and auxiliary ports. Suggest you use the fuse to force a reboot of your 8.4 radio.

IF you happen to have a Tazer JL or Tazer JL Lite, just do a full reboot using the programmer. Anyway, strong possibility the reboot of the 8.4 will get the issue remedied at least temporarily.

jayteal

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon; 2018 JLUR; 2004 TJ
The physical JL backup camera is also shared with other FCA vehicles. A buddy of mine works for a dealership and mentioned a lot of JL and other FCA vehicle owners are having backup camera issues and the camera itself is on back order if a replacement is needed.

Gkatnh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Green '99 WJ; White '18 JLUR
Add me to the list too.

Got to my vehicle after work today and got a black screen. Just hit 3000 miles this past week taking the family on a 750 mile road trip covering shoreline and dunes driving, Disneyland, and a trip back to NorCA. Up until now, no issues... just pure happiness.

I planned to take my vehicle in for its first oil change and tire rotation - and looks like my air filter is dirty from previous dirt trail runs. I’ll report back should I hear anything helpful regarding the back up camera.