Backup Camera issue

Tintop

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Today my backup camera just quit working. Everything else in the uconnect works fine. When I put the jeep in rever it just stays in whatever screen it was on. When I go into the controls to manually select it, nothing happens. It's a very strange thing. Everything else 100% operational. Anyone have any ideas? Guess I'll try disconnecting the negative cable to see if that resets it.
Sponsored

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.
Today my backup camera just quit working. Everything else in the uconnect works fine. When I put the jeep in rever it just stays in whatever screen it was on. When I go into the controls to manually select it, nothing happens. It's a very strange thing. Everything else 100% operational. Anyone have any ideas? Guess I'll try disconnecting the negative cable to see if that resets it.
Did disconnecting the battery work?

OP
OP
Tintop

Tintop

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Did disconnecting the battery work?
Nope. The jeep was not fooled by the disconnect the battery trick. Even left it off for about 20 minutes. I tried the uconnect reset listed in the uconnect forum but I couldn't get into the engineering settings, only the dealer settings. I guess I'll have to take her in next week

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Nope. The jeep was not fooled by the disconnect the battery trick. Even left it off for about 20 minutes. I tried the uconnect reset listed in the uconnect forum but I couldn't get into the engineering settings, only the dealer settings. I guess I'll have to take her in next week

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer

Sponsored

Jeep4Life

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
My Cherokee will sometimes not load, or the whole screen just goes black driving down the road. It will freeze also and nothing on the screen or hard buttons for the screen work. When I took it in, they said they didn't have a fix for it. It would have to be an update from Chrysler (and its a known problem)....and that was about 6 months ago. No updates yet. I hope yours has a fix. Please keep us updated! Good luck!

OP
OP
Tintop

Tintop

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Strangely enough it started working again today. Like nothing happened. Very strange but I'm glad it's back.

Cledus601

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Just brought ours home. Drove it around town for a few hours. Left from eating dinner and the camera didnt work. Will see what happens in the morning may run it back up to the dealer.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
I swear some of these issues seem like a loose or not seated connection. I've had one blip, happen once (I'm not ready to disclose yet, because it only happened once). I may climb in there and see what I can see around the harness.

OP
OP
Tintop

Tintop

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
My issue with the camera only lasted a day - then everything was back to normal. Very strange but I'm just glad it's working. I'm wondering if a hard restart of the uconnect would help

Sponsored

Cledus601

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
My wife went out and cranked it this morning, backed out of the garage and its working now. Interesting. Sure we will see this pop up more and more with hopefully a true solution.

redhook98

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
My backup camera works great. But my Parkview guidelines do not show up. When selecting the option in the menu, it checks the box, then unchecks after 5 seconds. No solution from dealership yet.

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Granite, 15 JKS 2DR, F80 M3
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
Add me to this list. Yesterday when backing out of the garage the camera would not work. Went to UApps and tried to turn it on and nothing....Turned it off and went into a tore, came out and worked fine. Then this morning my wife took my daughter to school the camera would not turn on again..

This sounds more like a software issue than a camera or wiring issue; maybe a relay engagement problem. Between this and the squeal on start I may bring it in to the dealer.

EDIT*** This morning after starting and backing out my wife informed me the touch screen was not working either; she could not select anything. Previously the it was only the camera...I went out to check it and the screen recognizes me touching it but does not take action...

Last edited:

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
Do you know if you received the over the air update.? A couple of weeks ago you would have noticed it on the screen at startup. Just keep us in the loop.

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Granite, 15 JKS 2DR, F80 M3
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
I've only had the jeep since the 7th, I haven't seen any OTA updates come through. Wonder if you can force this?

I know there is a big one coming in the next few weeks with the off-road pages. If it doesn't clear up in the next day I may have to take it in regardless. It's stuck on crappy SXM station at trhe moment :)
Sponsored