Aux Switches: cool things beyond light bars

trainsafe

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0
I have Aux 3 connected to my LED cubes that are mounted in the rear bumper. (OEM backup lights suck). By using a diode, I have them setup so they turn on in reverse. They can also be manually activated if I need general area illumination with the Aux button (handy in the woods after dark).

I'm thinking the next best use for the Aux buttons might be to install a cell-phone jammer. It seems like it would be the only thing to get my teens to look out the window and enjoy the scenery.

(fine print: Yes, I know that is likely illegal, unsafe, and disruptive to others. Internet lawyers need not respond. Parents understand the need for this type of product. )
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I know a guy who needed a hidden kill switch on his golf cart. He cut a small slot into a cupholder and glued a whisker switch so the lever was in the bottom of the black cupholder. You couldn't see it unless you really knew what you were looking for.

The unit wouldn't start unless you put a drink into the cupholder. :clap: Genius!
What happens when he needed to take a sip?

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
I use one of the higher amp switches to power my fridge and another for triggering my onboard ARB dual compressor

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I’ve got one of the 40 amps connected to my ham radio, and I use one of the 15 amps to control the ARB twin. You still need to run power to the compressor, the auxiliary switch is just the control. It does however delete the rats nest of a wiring harness that comes with the ARB and replaces it with a single control wire.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
There was a post on the forum a while back about mounting the solenoid to a piece of angle iron. I went to a box store and bought one painted it red and it was easily mounted to the body. Lets one mount the winch solenoid and anything else to it and keep it very clean looking. My winch is on Aux 4. I have the coms radio wired to the ignition wire that also is bundled inside the firewall.
Angle iron works great.

20200518_214017.jpg

Sponsored

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
AUX 1 is still empty, though likely lights.
AUX 2 is the ARB compressor
AUX 3 is the Warn winch solenoid
AUX 4 is the Midland GMRS

All tied in near the battery on the passenger fender. Made a custom wiring harness from the battery to the cargo area for the compressor, but it took me WAY longer than I anticipated. While I was working on that I decided I'd finally figure out and mount the winch solenoid. Made the mount out of some angle steel I had and painted with appliance enamel left over from another project.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aux Switches: cool things beyond light bars JL Wirin

mdkautzman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
This is the solenoid from the Warn Power Interrupt Kit. Wired to Aux 4.

IMG-1858.jpg
I like this. So instead of a direct hot hook up you have a solenoid that is activated by the accessory switch. This keep the winch from always having power. Nice. Looking into this.

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
AUX 1 is still empty, though likely lights.
AUX 2 is the ARB compressor
AUX 3 is the Warn winch solenoid
AUX 4 is the Midland GMRS

All tied in near the battery on the passenger fender. Made a custom wiring harness from the battery to the cargo area for the compressor, but it took me WAY longer than I anticipated. While I was working on that I decided I'd finally figure out and mount the winch solenoid. Made the mount out of some angle steel I had and painted with appliance enamel left over from another project.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aux Switches: cool things beyond light bars JL Wirin
Please post a picture of the compressor in the cargo area. I would like to see how it has been mounted.

Sponsored

Mark D

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
There was a post on the forum a while back about mounting the solenoid to a piece of angle iron. I went to a box store and bought one painted it red and it was easily mounted to the body. Lets one mount the winch solenoid and anything else to it and keep it very clean looking. My winch is on Aux 4. I have the coms radio wired to the ignition wire that also is bundled inside the firewall.
Can post a picture of the solenoid mount, also, what amp solenoid did you use?

acomputernerd

First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
NERD
I use the warn solin
I use the warn solenoid. It has mounting clips built in and came with all the cables needed.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Love the Voswitch! Everyone considering "things" in their rig, should consider that product (2 flavors). I also love the convenience of the Aux group. Currently rocking:

AUX1 - Winch Solenoid (On/Off)
AUX2 - ARB On/Off
AUX3 - Winch IN
AUX4 - Winch OUT

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
I might add heated seats to the back seat of my 2dr for the kids.
Sponsored