Sponsored

Falcon Nexus Steering Stabilizer Relation?

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Worst case you could have a 1-3/8 clamp bored out a little more or use the 1-5/8 clamp with a thin gasket material.
Honestly I don't feel like dealing with this headache LOL. Just ordered the Fox steering stabilizer. I'm afraid over time though it's going to bother me that I have Falcon shocks with a Fox stabilizer on the front. Time will tell for sure.
Sponsored

PIG

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JL
Question since I'm stupid at math. Would this work with the Synergy tie-rod that is 1.50 in diameter?
The JK replacement Falcon stabilizer bolts right on to the Synergy tie rod but the factory 1.375" clamp needs to be machined a bit to fit the 1.5" Synergy tie rod. The factory bar is .012" larger Shoot me an email if you want more info or want a hook up on a steering kit and/or stabilizer, [email protected]
https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-jeep-jl-hd-steering-kit.html

The FOX TS with 1.5" clamp is the BEST option IMO though, part #
https://www.polyperformance.com/ste...performance-series-2-0-ts-steering-stabilizer

JL Falcon 1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
RubiRob

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
1200ABE0-7BB2-4B49-91AA-2DBB3D412CEA.jpeg
8767ECBA-D40D-48AD-92FB-C2F93385099F.jpeg
D954AFC0-8C89-4832-AE39-DFCDA824952E.jpeg
6DC47B58-2FA3-4B38-8178-1DFBD67FE089.jpeg
13F96FC0-4E0F-4085-8F87-38D9C7052A43.jpeg

RubiRob,

To mount the falcon nexus, you will still need a relocation bracket and a new mounting clamp. I went over to Teraflex the other day and they gave me instructions on how to change the mounting bracket to a clamp. This is just instructions for replacing a clamp but you can remove the bracket the same.

Part number 99-01-01-158
This is for a 1 5/8 tie rod. I think they also have a smaller one. $22 for the part.

I'm using this with a steer smarts steering system.
do you have torque values by chance? Im in the process of this right now

IMG_20190516_155632.jpg

OP
OP
RubiRob

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_20190516_155632.jpg

found out from the JK youtube install that the clamp should be 15ftlbs. As far as the shaft connecting the shock to the clamp, no clue but I did tight as possible and blue loctite.

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR

IMG_20190516_155632.jpg
I just did mine as hand tight as I could. They didn't tell me the ftlbs. Also blue locktite is a good idea. I know they used green for their install

Sponsored

Neohiofan

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
How many days did it take to get the clamp delivered from teraflex once ordered?

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
I live down the street from Teraflex, so no shipping for me

Pipes

First Name
HP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU, Jeep SRT
Just came across this thread. Just wondering if there is any feedback with mounting the Teraflex 2.2 to the synergy tie rod? Are you guys happy with the results or any other suggestions? I was thinking of doing the same on my 2019 JLU Sahara. I have the Teraflex 2.2 and teraflex trackbar. Thanks!

OP
OP
RubiRob

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Just came across this thread. Just wondering if there is any feedback with mounting the Teraflex 2.2 to the synergy tie rod? Are you guys happy with the results or any other suggestions? I was thinking of doing the same on my 2019 JLU Sahara. I have the Teraflex 2.2 and teraflex trackbar. Thanks!
I have it with the steersmarts compliment and the only thing to worry about is it gets very tight for space there for the stabilizer. But that’s mainly because the steersmarts stuff is very large and the clamps are even more so cutting down room.

Sponsored

Pipes

First Name
HP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU, Jeep SRT
I have it with the steersmarts compliment and the only thing to worry about is it gets very tight for space there for the stabilizer. But that’s mainly because the steersmarts stuff is very large and the clamps are even more so cutting down room.
Was it worth changing your tie rod? Did you notice a difference from stock tie rod and if so in what way?

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Was it worth changing your tie rod? Did you notice a difference from stock tie rod and if so in what way?
lol...ya huge difference when you compare a stock tie-rod to an aftermarket. Weight is for one, the stock tie-rod is not heavy. After market Synergy is beefier and to me more durable. I felt a difference right away in driving....I'm sure this can very from person to person so don't just take my word for it.

OP
OP
RubiRob

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
To be fair I changed to the steersmarts tie rod, dragline and track bar all at the same time so I can't say specifically to the tie rod itself but yes. Steering got noticeably better after that.

SPooN887

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Jeep Wrangler JL Falcon Nexus Steering Stabilizer Relation? JcFOJRf8BgFkli3tX4lGb3Hder=w770-h578-no?authuser=0
Jeep Wrangler JL Falcon Nexus Steering Stabilizer Relation? JcFOJRf8BgFkli3tX4lGb3Hder=w770-h578-no?authuser=0

RubiRob,

To mount the falcon nexus, you will still need a relocation bracket and a new mounting clamp. I went over to Teraflex the other day and they gave me instructions on how to change the mounting bracket to a clamp. This is just instructions for replacing a clamp but you can remove the bracket the same.

Part number 99-01-01-158
This is for a 1 5/8 tie rod. I think they also have a smaller one. $22 for the part.

I'm using this with a steer smarts steering system.
Thanks for the info. Just wanted to point out, I was able to remove the mount from the JL version easily using a 10" 3/8 drive breaker bar without heat: maybe something to try out before applying heat.
Sponsored