Disappointed with Falcon Nexus 2.2 Steering Stabilizer

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Are you guys using any relocation brackets to install the Falcon Nexus 2.2 Steering Stabilizer? Or are you using stock steering components?
Sponsored

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Are you guys using any relocation brackets to install the Falcon Nexus 2.2 Steering Stabilizer? Or are you using stock steering components?
I didn't use any relocation brackets.

OP
OP
hardrock_sea

hardrock_sea

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
Well, I didn't initially and planned to relocate later. Then I landed the SS and tie rod on a rock... Now I have a new SS with Metalcloak relocation bracket.

ritg19

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I did the exact same thing when installing mine. There is nothing wrong with the SS, something went wrong with the install. It's been quite a long time since I installed mine, but I remember calling Teraflex and they told me what to do to fix it. It was super simple, I just can't remember exactly what I did. I'll crawl under tonight and see if I can jog any memories.

Edit: Vague memories are popping up. I think you have to turn the entire rod with the switch 180 degrees. I remember unbolting it and turning the rod by hand using the bolt at the other end from the switch for leverage.
I just searched since and found this thread. I have the same issue. My question is if it impacts the actual workings of the SS if the knob is backwards? Can I just assume soft is the firm setting and carry on or does it need to be flipped to work correctly?

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I just searched since and found this thread. I have the same issue. My question is if it impacts the actual workings of the SS if the knob is backwards? Can I just assume soft is the firm setting and carry on or does it need to be flipped to work correctly?
You’re looking at the switch backwards, but it still works properly.

Sponsored

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
Regardless of the knob orientation, either facing forwards or rearwards, the stabilizer will function the same. Either unbolting the red knob and spinning it 180 or unbolting the rod end and spinning it 180 will correct the issue.
Sponsored