Falcon nexus hd steering stabilizer snapped

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
so two days ago I had the falcon nexus adjustable hd steering stabilizer installer on my 4 day old JLU. Today when driving the steering became loose and I got under it to find the falcon (teraflex) bracket snapped in half... this was installed properly and nothing during driving was abnormal or harsh. Has anyone seen this with these? Luckily the guys at Doetsch Offroad are calling teraflex in the morning but holy crap..

Jeep Wrangler JL Falcon nexus hd steering stabilizer snapped CF22B983-361A-4B68-A506-CCA828A7B1D1
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Too much hydraulic damping for the stiffness of the bracket. The bracket failed in fatigue.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Was this on the 2.1 or 2.2 ? I have the 2.1 and have had no issues

OP
OP
Howardlv22

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I believe they have a 3 year warranty but if you were out wheeling pretty hard I’m not sure what they will say, they seem like a solid company and if a reputable shop did the install I would think it will be taken care of.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Howardlv22

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
I believe they have a 3 year warranty but if you were out wheeling pretty hard I’m not sure what they will say, they seem like a solid company and if a reputable shop did the install I would think it will be taken care of.
I’m friends with the guys over at Doetsch Offroad and I sent a pic and he said come by. When I was there he called TeraFlex and TeraFlex said that’s not a common issue and they stand by their warranty and they told him to give me a new one on the spot and they said they will replace the broken one for the shop. Those guys over there are amazing and with teraflex I have never had an issue they don’t really question they just firmly stand by their products in my personal experience

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I’m friends with the guys over at Doetsch Offroad and I sent a pic and he said come by. When I was there he called TeraFlex and TeraFlex said that’s not a common issue and they stand by their warranty and they told him to give me a new one on the spot and they said they will replace the broken one for the shop. Those guys over there are amazing and with teraflex I have never had an issue they don’t really question they just firmly stand by their products in my personal experience
I had the original factory one and had it replaced when my lift was done and then FCA came out with the V41 recall so I submitted my paperwork and FCA gave me the coin back that I put out for it so IMHO I got a better stabilizer than what FCA would have put in it.

I was tempted to put in the 2.2 but in the end went with the 2.1, I figured less to go wrong with a non adjustable one.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I was tempted to put in the 2.2 but in the end went with the 2.1, I figured less to go wrong with a non adjustable one.
Same here. Plus virtually every YouTube video said that, while one and three were good,
the owners spent almost all their time in position two
Sponsored