Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
The problem with those washers, is if they get damaged in the right way, you won't be able to remove the bolt. We leave that choice/risk up to the consumer. You should be sliding on the slider anyway, and not the frame, as then you'll have other things to worry about :)

The Destroyer step actually sits a little higher than the Signature series.
Hi LoD, love your products. Any chance you might start to weld the steps 100%? From the pictures it looks like you only weld spots. I know it would cost a bit more, but might add to the finish look?

McBeeve

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Rubicon
Occupation
Facilities Administrator
Gah.. want these sliders for my 2 door!
They are in development. I'm local to LoD and they are using my 2 door for measurements and test fitting. Maybe @lodoffroad can comment on timing and expected availability?

Sponsored

threeve

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Code Monkey
SmartRewardingDutchshepherddog-small.gif

Waiting sucks, hopefully mine ship soon. All the install pics in this thread make me want to get these on my Jeep even more!

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
Installed.

BE8B67C8-EB75-4C13-A7C1-44329876FA24.jpeg

AdventureDad2000

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Long time follower, first time poster...

I just installed a pair of these and they are awesome - the perfect balance of slider and step.

However, there is a fitment issue with the pair I received – The gap between slider and body is narrow (less than 1/4") towards the front, but wide (more than 1/2") at the Jeep’s rear. Identical issue on both driver and passenger side. The rear mount is against the frame rail, but it took away every bit of adjustability to make that happen. It almost required further slotting of the mounting holes. The middle frame mount is away from the frame by at least 1/8”. The Jeep frame rail is of larger box size at the rear mount compared to the middle, but it seems this pair of slider mounts don’t account for this. I looked it over a dozen times to make sure it wasn’t something I had forgotten or done wrong – even after 2 decades of working on classic, modern and off-road vehicles, that sort of thing can happen!

Has anyone faced similar issues?
Thank you

Jumpinn Jeep

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL

I just installed a pair of these and they are awesome - the perfect balance of slider and step.

However, there is a fitment issue with the pair I received – The gap between slider and body is narrow (less than 1/4") towards the front, but wide (more than 1/2") at the Jeep’s rear. Identical issue on both driver and passenger side. The rear mount is against the frame rail, but it took away every bit of adjustability to make that happen. It almost required further slotting of the mounting holes. The middle frame mount is away from the frame by at least 1/8”. The Jeep frame rail is of larger box size at the rear mount compared to the middle, but it seems this pair of slider mounts don’t account for this. I looked it over a dozen times to make sure it wasn’t something I had forgotten or done wrong – even after 2 decades of working on classic, modern and off-road vehicles, that sort of thing can happen!

Thank you
Adventuredad2000

It has been a topic of discussion that the body on the JL seems to have a little more flex than the JK due to what appears to either be a more flexible body and frame, or the actual body mounts have more give. I can only assume this was engineered this way on purpose considering how much nice the JL rides over the JK. What I found is that the Destroyer slider has enough give that you can pry it out and shim up the frame mounting bracket on the front. I actually ended up cutting a piece of steel plate to reinforce the frame wall to prevent the front from getting pulled in when the bolt that passes through the frame was tightened, stacking more washers won’t help much because the weakest part of the frame is the tall side of the sidewalls. I hope that helps and makes sense.

RLsJL

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU

Thank you
I had these installed on my 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU today and there is a 1/2" gap between the slider and the body at the rear of the slider on the driver side and there is a 3/4" gap between the slider and the body at the rear of the slider on the passenger side. Is this just the way they are designed or is this an installation issue?

Sponsored

Forgettable1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
would anybody mind driving their new destroyer sliders down a wet road so I can see how much spray protection these provide? :)

AdventureDad2000

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Incredibly happy with my LOD Destroyer sliders and Destroyer stubby bumper!!! The fitment and packaging on the bumper was 100% top notch, one of the best aftermarket installs I have done. The family loves the easier access gained with the sliders while also providing major protection. Win Win from LOD!

20181226_1.jpg

20181226_2.jpg

20181226_3.jpg

20181226_4.jpg

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I had been holding out for the Roam frame mounted sliders due to the larger foot openings, but second thoughts are creeping in. Does anyone have the measurements of the step/foot openings for the Destroyer Sliders? Are they awkward to use?

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Incredibly happy with my LOD Destroyer sliders and Destroyer stubby bumper!!! The fitment and packaging on the bumper was 100% top notch, one of the best aftermarket installs I have done. The family loves the easier access gained with the sliders while also providing major protection. Win Win from LOD!

20181226_1.jpg

20181226_2.jpg

20181226_3.jpg

20181226_4.jpg
Glad to hear it! Your Jeep is looking AWESOME!
Sponsored