LOD destroyer sliders

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
OK so the total on the website should be 102lbs
The mounts are hard core stout stuff
The body it's isnt all that stout. 10 gauge works out to be 9/64's or about 1/8 inch?? it will take a moderate hit but nothing close to major.which isnt a big deal for most users
You didnt answer the ground clearance of it vs the signature

What does the signature weigh?
10ga steel is .134" thick. It will take a pretty decent hit. Our strongest slider is the Signature Series Slider, and is meant for more extreme off roading. The Destroyer Slider body sits much closer to the Jeep body therefor it provides slightly more ground clearance...maybe an inch more. The Signature Slider weighs approx 66 lbs each plus hardware. Thanks for pointing this out, we'll make sure to get the website updated with the correct weights.
Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
10ga steel is .134" thick. It will take a pretty decent hit. Our strongest slider is the Signature Series Slider, and is meant for more extreme off roading. The Destroyer Slider body sits much closer to the Jeep body therefor it provides slightly more ground clearance...maybe an inch more. The Signature Slider weighs approx 66 lbs each plus hardware. Thanks for pointing this out, we'll make sure to get the website updated with the correct weights.
So a bit more than 1/8 inch (9/64's) yeah that isnt bad. I would gather if that hit was big enough the sliding edge would bend rather than the rocker go into the body given the stout bracketry. The bend would likely be able to be brought back into shape, or close-maybe.

Better ground clearance too. nice.
Looks better too, a tad more functional as far as steps.

You guys need to come up with total weights not just what it is without brackets. I believe they are the same brackets for both rockers correct?

So Distroyer is 102lb without brackets
Signature is 132lb without brackets
for a 30lb difference between the two IF the brackets are the same

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
So a bit more than 1/8 inch (9/64's) yeah that isnt bad. I would gather if that hit was big enough the sliding edge would bend rather than the rocker go into the body given the stout bracketry. The bend would likely be able to be brought back into shape, or close-maybe.

You guys need to come up with total weights not just what it is without brackets. I believe they are the same brackets for both rockers correct?

The mounting brackets are included in the weight...they are welded on and not removable!

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU

The mounting on the jeep is the same, the brackets are different between the two sliders. The Signature Slider mounting is made up of 2" square tube and 1/4" steel! Super duty for sure!

Sponsored

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Yeah. Below is a link to our product pages, you can open the installation instructions and get a pretty good look at the sliders and how they are constructed and mount. Let me know if you have any other questions!

https://lodoffroad.com/products/jee...-jl-signature-series-4-door-rock-sliders.html

https://lodoffroad.com/products/jee...k-sliders/2018-jl-destroyer-rock-sliders.html
Yeah I've seen it and it's where I got the bad poundage numbers. I put the real info on another forum I thought might have knowledge but they dont know crap over there. Now they do. lol

Basically the difference in poundage isnt all that great and if one is after much better protection the signature is the way to go. However IMO the destroyer isnt that bad offers great protection and looks pretty darn good with better ground clearance too.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team

McBeeve

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Rubicon
Occupation
Facilities Administrator

Sponsored

wangdiddy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
waiting on getting these installed. OC motorsports ordered them so just got to wait now.

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
@lodoffroad Any word on when your JL 2-Door Signature & Destroyer Rock Sliders should be available for purchase? And will they be frame mounted like your 4-Door Signatures & Destroyers? Thanks.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I plan on installing these in the morning. Anyone know the torque specs for all the bolts? What about the OEM nuts on either side of the body mounts? @lodoffroad
Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited: