ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure you have the right hex bolts. I installed a pair last week and received the wrong ones. Went to a machine shop to get the right ones. Check out this thread.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ling-lod-signature-sliders-broken-bolt.24658/
Yeah, I read that thread last week and confirmed I had the right bolts before I started, but thanks for the heads up anyway. Bolted them up this morning with no issues. No idea on the torque values though. Drilled for only one of the three optional bolts (the forward most one with the long bolt). Iā€™ll drill out the other two and install the self tapping bolts later.
They look awesome.

0B288148-D4D5-4081-A16E-B38BB6754746.jpeg

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yeah, I read that thread last week and confirmed I had the right bolts before I started, but thanks for the heads up anyway. Bolted them up this morning with no issues. No idea on the torque values though. Drilled for only one of the three optional bolts (the forward most one with the long bolt). Iā€™ll drill out the other two and install the self tapping bolts later.
They look awesome.
I havenā€™t drilled for the self tapping ones yet either, but Iā€™m seriously considering getting a tap and threading the frame instead of using the self-tapping bolts after reading this: http://www.northridgenation.com/lod-destroyer-sidebars-jl-wrangler/

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I havenā€™t drilled for the self tapping ones yet either, but Iā€™m seriously considering getting a tap and threading the frame instead of using the self-tapping bolts after reading this: http://www.northridgenation.com/lod-destroyer-sidebars-jl-wrangler/
Thanks for the article. After reading that Iā€™m considering putting blue lock tite on all the bolts. Would help with preventing them from seizing, too. I also had to clearance the mounting bracket in the same spot so I could get the oem rear bolt in on the passenger side.

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
They look awesome.

0B288148-D4D5-4081-A16E-B38BB6754746.jpeg
That is a great color! Love it!:like:

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
For those of you who have installed these..... a couple of questions:

1) did you drill the 2 ā€œoptionalā€ holes and the one ā€œrecommendedā€ hole?
2) did any of you have to grind down a drippy weld as mentioned in the instructions to get the brackets to fit properly?

Just curious about real world installation......

AdventureDad2000

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon

2) did any of you have to grind down a drippy weld as mentioned in the instructions to get the brackets to fit properly?

1) I did drill the one recommended hole - using a step drill bit works great. That stiffened up the passenger side slider tremendously. I did not drill the extra holes towards the rear. The surrounding mounts were more then sturdy.
2) No need to grind down any welds on my install.

They are a great combination of slider and step. Enjoy!

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

1) I decided to drill and tap for the optional bolts. I wanted all of the bolts to match up in size and pitch, hence this route. I haven't done this yet, but will be once it stops raining. I got the tap idea from Northridge. I will be drilling the recommended hole at the same time if my drill fits. If it doesn't, I'll cross that bridge.

2) I did not have to grind any welds. Everything fit perfectly.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
1) I decided to drill and tap for the optional bolts. I wanted all of the bolts to match up in size and pitch, hence this route. I haven't done this yet, but will be once it stops raining. I got the tap idea from Northridge. I will be drilling the recommended hole at the same time if my drill fits. If it doesn't, I'll cross that bridge.

2) I did not have to grind any welds. Everything fit perfectly.
Is the frame thick enough to tap threads into? I don't recall if the other bolts threaded right into the frame rail or if there was a welded nut in the rail.

Sponsored

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Is the frame thick enough to tap threads into? I don't recall if the other bolts threaded right into the frame rail or if there was a welded nut in the rail.
Yep. I measured it at about 4mm and then bought a plate of similar thickness to test. The plate took three or four threads. Itā€™s really no different than drilling and using the self-tapping bolts that are provided in the kit.

I wouldnā€™t want to use this as the only attachment, but in addition to the welded nuts, there is some additional strength to be had.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. I measured it at about 4mm and then bought a plate of similar thickness to test. The plate took three or four threads. Itā€™s really no different than drilling and using the self-tapping bolts that are provided in the kit.

I wouldnā€™t want to use this as the only attachment, but in addition to the welded nuts, there is some additional strength to be had.
Good to know. thanks!

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Yeah. Below is a link to our product pages, you can open the installation instructions and get a pretty good look at the sliders and how they are constructed and mount. Let me know if you have any other questions!

https://lodoffroad.com/products/jee...-jl-signature-series-4-door-rock-sliders.html

https://lodoffroad.com/products/jee...k-sliders/2018-jl-destroyer-rock-sliders.html

I see LOD has a link for 2 door destroyers now!!!! :
https://lodoffroad.com/products/jee...-jl-destroyer-series-2-door-rock-sliders.html

What about 2 door signature series?

Reactions: aai

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
Yes Sir! 2 Door Destroyer Sliders will be available for sale here in a week or two. We have not started development of the 2 Door Signature Series yet, probably later this summer.
Awesome!

Question about your powder coating on these; are the insides typically coated? I see there are some drainage holes on the bottom. Is corrosion from the inside out something to be concerned about with this type of slider?
Sponsored