Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@viper88; I’m not a big Veyron fan, but I do agree...it’s a beautiful piece of machinery. Both aesthetically and mechanically. And they didn’t give me much for the truck, but I had no use for an extra truck and didn’t want to see it rot away. They did tell me it was a “straight to auction” vehicle for them! Lol!

@old8tora, @Stickerhead; it was a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 crew cab. Had the 5.7 HEMI with an automatic. I had the truck since my senior year of high school. It was my daily driver, my work truck, and my toy...I was young and dumb and drove the snot out of it everywhere I went. And by all accounts it should’ve been broken a long time ago. But I just kept oil and gas in it and she kept on ticking. Really did hurt to see her go, but like I said above...had no use for a second truck and didn’t want to just sit and rot. The Jeep really helped me get over it though! :jk:
Sponsored

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
@viper88; I’m not a big Veyron fan, but I do agree...it’s a beautiful piece of machinery. Both aesthetically and mechanically. And they didn’t give me much for the truck, but I had no use for an extra truck and didn’t want to see it rot away. They did tell me it was a “straight to auction” vehicle for them! Lol!

@old8tora, @Stickerhead; it was a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 crew cab. Had the 5.7 HEMI with an automatic. I had the truck since my senior year of high school. It was my daily driver, my work truck, and my toy...I was young and dumb and drove the snot out of it everywhere I went. And by all accounts it should’ve been broken a long time ago. But I just kept oil and gas in it and she kept on ticking. Really did hurt to see her go, but like I said above...had no use for a second truck and didn’t want to just sit and rot. The Jeep really helped me get over it though! :jk:
Tow rig!

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
I almost bought a LS350 Lexus. Salesman said you have to change tires every 10k. Front and tears were different rim sizes. WTF?

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 crew cab. Had the 5.7 HEMI with an automatic. I had the truck since my senior year of high school. It was my daily driver, my work truck, and my toy...I was young and dumb and drove the snot out of it everywhere I went. And by all accounts it should’ve been broken a long time ago. But I just kept oil and gas in it and she kept on ticking. Really did hurt to see her go, but like I said above...had no use for a second truck and didn’t want to just sit and rot. The Jeep really helped me get over it though!
:jk:
Texas Truck !

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I almost bought a LS350 Lexus. Salesman said you have to change tires every 10k. Front and tears were different rim sizes. WTF?
A lot of sports cars run more negative camber for handling. That plus softer, stickier, dry performance compounds mean much shorter tire life. My 911 needs rear tires every 8K miles or so due to the negative camber. The outside tread will still look ok but the inside tread will be shot. Front and rear are different sizes also. Front tires last almost twice as long as the rears.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
A lot of sports cars run more negative camber for handling. My 911 needs rear tires every 8K miles or so due to the negative camber. The outside tread will still look ok but the inside tread will be shot. Front and rear are different sizes also. Front tires last almost twice as long as the rears.

Yep. Grew up with 911’s in the house. My mother has driven bmw’s with sport suspension and has had x5’s for the past 16 years. Those check up the rear tires like crazy. They tend to only last 10-15k miles but they look great.

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
A lot of sports cars run more negative camber for handling. My 911 needs rear tires every 8K miles or so due to the negative camber. The outside tread will still look ok but the inside tread will be shot. Front and rear are different sizes also. Front tires last almost twice as long as the rears.
You have to get out to road tracks and drive harder! All kidding aside it's hard to wear our the front tires aside from the track, you just can't put enough load on them safely on the street to really match the rears.

OP
OP
TA1ton

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
TA1ton

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@viper88, @JeepX3; my old truck wore a set of tires out like that once...but I had just put a leveling kit on it and didn’t get around to the alignment until it was too late. Lol!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have to get out to road tracks and drive harder! All kidding aside it's hard to wear our the front tires aside from the track, you just can't put enough load on them safely on the street to really match the rears.
I do track days. Tires and brakes literally disappear after a couple of days. lol. Even on the street the rear tires wear out a lot faster due the negative camber.

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
I know there have been more than a few discussions on oil here on the forum...and I’m not saying 20,000 miles is a good idea...just simply stating that it seems like oil has come a long way and maybe we can put some of our worries to rest. I wonder how long until 20,000 miles becomes the standard?
Diesel drivers have been doing it for years, and oil analysis supports it.

Scott1911

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 Door Unicorn
Ya'll who are changing your oil every 3,000 miles, are you also changing your spark plugs every 12,000? Same logic.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ya'll who are changing your oil every 3,000 miles, are you also changing your spark plugs every 12,000? Same logic.
Something to consider as far as maintenance between each engine. I wonder if the 2.0 and 3.6 have similar oil change intervals? I would think the 2.0 Turbo might be a little harder on oil? The 2.0 definitely requires plugs more often. I think FCA recommends 100K mile intervals for plugs on the 3.6. and 60,000 miles on the 2.0 turbo?
Sponsored