Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport 2 door Bikini Pearl
You are a dealer. I'll bet that's not Signature, either, but one of their lower tier oils.
I pay the same wholesale price that 72% of my customers pay. That is AMSOIL's 100% full synthetic API SP OE for OEM recommended oil change intervals. Equivalent to other oil companies top 100% full synthetic API SP oils.
Sponsored

Last edited:

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the record and the curious, API has a process to interchange synthetic base stocks just as they have for other base stocks (Groups I through V are covered and that is the full breadth of base stocks)--so that cannot be the reason AND why would anyone use an oil that is not API certified, much less for 25K miles?

https://www.api.org/certification-p...sel/publications/appendix-e-rev-09-01-11.ashx
API is a minimum performance standard. Most oil companies offer oils that are not API certified. No other oil company offers a 25K oil.

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Amsoil is the best for one reason. It comes from..........

upload_2020-5-8_11-41-8.jpeg
AMSOIL is the best because that is how it is engineered. Actually, it comes from AMSOIL, Inc. in Superior, Wisconsin.

Last edited:

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
API is a minimum performance standard. Most oil companies offer oils that are not API certified. No other oil company offers a 25K oil.
Do tell what other MAJOR companies offer oil that is not API certified. As @DanW indicated the cheapest SuperTech at WalMart has an API certification. Amsoil does not offer a 25K API certified oil either and truth be told, there are enough self-placed restrictions on the 25K interval that it is rarely (if ever reached)--so when combined with the lack of API certification it is definitely NOT a selling point.

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do tell what other MAJOR companies offer oil that is not API certified. As @DanW indicated the cheapest SuperTech at WalMart has an API certification. Amsoil does not offer a 25K API certified oil either and truth be told, there are enough self-placed restrictions on the 25K interval that it is rarely (if ever reached)--so when combined with the lack of API certification it is definitely NOT a selling point.
Most MAJOR oil companies make motorcycle oils which list API but are not certified. And many API certified oils have been tested off the shelf and failed API specifications.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I pay the same wholesale price that 72% of my customers pay. That is AMSOIL's 100% full synthetic API SP OE for OEM recommended oil change intervals. Equivalent to other oil companies top 100% full synthetic API SP oils.
I don't think it is equivalent to M1 EP or AP, which are more comparable to Signature, due to PAO base stock content. Those look to me to be more comparable to Group III or GTL oils, which are still great.

Do they contain significant PAO content? If so, then what makes Signature so special? I just don't see the point in going with one of their lower tier oils if I were to go Amsoil. I'd go big or wouldn't go at all. Just my preference.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Most MAJOR oil companies make motorcycle oils which list API but are not certified. And many API certified oils have been tested off the shelf and failed API specifications.
Different animal. Different market. Different everything. Apples to oranges, IMHO.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Because most people won't go that far on any oil in one year, or at all. If I were going that far on an oil, It would absolutely have to be API certified. But that's just me. I require at least that even if I only went 3k on it. Why? Because Jeep requires it and I feel better about it.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wait, what? We are talking about PCMO not motorcycles--stick with the subject and do not deflect.
So, in effect, there are no MAJOR oil companies making non-API certified oil and your statement of many API certified oils being tested and failed is bogus too.

I trust an independent entity like PQIA that tests oils and posts results. Funny, but I do not see a single major manufacturer on the list with a failed test--though there are several "unknowns" on the list that failed:
https://pqia.org/passenger-car-motor-oil/

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because most people won't go that far on any oil in one year, or at all. If I were going that far on an oil, It would absolutely have to be API certified. But that's just me. I require at least that even if I only went 3k on it. Why? Because Jeep requires it and I feel better about it.
Jeep recommends, not requires API certification.

Sponsored

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait, what? We are talking about PCMO not motorcycles--stick with the subject and do not deflect.
So, in effect, there are no MAJOR oil companies making non-API certified oil and your statement of many API certified oils being tested and failed is bogus too.

I trust an independent entity like PQIA that tests oils and posts results. Funny, but I do not see a single major manufacturer on the list with a failed test--though there are several "unknowns" on the list that failed:
data-finds-1-in-5-bulk-motor-oils-fail-t

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Bulk oils? You mean oils that are constantly mixed, brands/types are changed based upon price, with minimum controls in place for storage--those oils failed API testing?

Wow--big surprise there. Are you really trying to use this to make a point there are major manufacturers with oil lines that fail API certifications? If so, your argument is an epic fail and hardly worthy of consideration.

Last edited:

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
AMSOIL is the best because that is how it is marketed. Actually, it comes from AMSOIL, Inc. in Superior, Wisconsin.
FIFY

PS. I use Amsoil in my Harley. They make good stuff, it's just not worth the premium they charge for it. It isn't magic, it's oil.
Sponsored