Sponsored

How much????? Insanity

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Jeep really should get ahead of this, this is bad PR. :facepalm:
At anywhere near these prices, pretty much all that they are is PR. They're not going to sell/make many at those prices but people are certainly talking about Jeep again, marketing campaign successful.
Sponsored

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe | Exige S | R wagon | V Wagon | MB S65
I'll wager $100 that the 4XE premium is no more than $10,000.

Moriarty

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR Gobi
Patients.........same thing happened with the Gladiator. When the pricing finally was revealed it was in line with the competition.

I know there is no direct competition yet but they still have to sell. You will have to wait a couple of months to be able to purchase a non max'd out version. Jeep hasn't really put agreat fine point on what options will be "standard equipment" on the 4xe yet.

Patients, we had to wait an additional 7 months just to order Gobi last year.

Sreilly2

First Name
Reilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Hey, first time poster. I’m looking at getting my first Jeep and am really leaning towards a 4xe. I’ve been talking to my guy about it, and his manager said to expect the premium to be around $2000 to $3000, or at most on par with the Diesel engine. There’s nothing to back it up, but coming from a manager, that gives me some hope that the price won’t be astronomical. But at the same time, $2000 seems weirdly low.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
I
Hey, first time poster. I’m looking at getting my first Jeep and am really leaning towards a 4xe. I’ve been talking to my guy about it, and his manager said to expect the premium to be around $2000 to $3000, or at most on par with the Diesel engine. There’s nothing to back it up, but coming from a manager, that gives me some hope that the price won’t be astronomical. But at the same time, $2000 seems weirdly low.
I hope he’s right but, alas, he’s in the dark just like the rest of us.

This community includes dealers, reps, and others who are well connected to the FCA world, and no solid information on pricing has escaped through them, nor has it emerged through the major market watchers, like MotorTrend and Car & Driver. The news will escape when FCA wants it to escape.

I often wonder whether their pricing is influenced by the chatter on boards like this. In the end, pricing will be based on what their market research confirms they can get away with. Perhaps we are part of that analysis?

Years ago I took some time off from my regular work and went to work for a boat manufacturer. One of the more expensive options we offered was a beautiful, strong, light, aluminum trailer with higher quality components. Those trailers actually cost us less than the galvanized trailers we packaged as standard equipment, because there was huge savings in building the trailers ourselves, but we charged an extra $1000 or $1500 more for the aluminum trailer. It was a MUCH better trailer — worth every bit of that surcharge and more, but the price point was determined by the market, not the profit margin. FCA needs to make money, obviously, but pricing will be based upon what they think most of us will be willing to pay.

Sponsored

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon granite 2 doors; 2021 willys Sarge
Vehicle Showcase
I am still disappointed by the color choice.....Really grey white black? tons of them. Granite is my favorite, but I had 3 granite wranglers.... I was really hoping for the Sarge. I dont want a grey or white truck. I am afraid that yellow blue red looks nice but you kinda get tired of them after awhile. SO the only choice I d take is .......black..;/

Littlej2455

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 4xe
I am still disappointed by the color choice.....Really grey white black? tons of them. Granite is my favorite, but I had 3 granite wranglers.... I was really hoping for the Sarge. I dont want a grey or white truck. I am afraid that yellow blue red looks nice but you kinda get tired of them after awhile. SO the only choice I d take is .......black..;/
I read somewhere that more color options will be released later. I am also wanting Sarge green. Some said it would clash with the blue accents but I think the blue would look much better than the red on the current rubi.

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon granite 2 doors; 2021 willys Sarge
Vehicle Showcase
I read somewhere that more color options will be released later. I am also wanting Sarge green. Some said it would clash with the blue accents but I think the blue would look much better than the red on the current rubi.
Worst comes to worst the blue accents can be still plastidipped black

Sponsored

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
I have no doubt that there will be a premium for both new variants of the Wrangler, as demand will be really high.

That number is insanely high.

Only explanation I can even remotely consider is that MAYBE (pure speculation here) the early 4xE adopters are helping to build out the trail chargers that Jeep has said they'll install nationwide, and MAYBE you get free charging for life, like Tesla. Even then, probably not enough of a benefit....
Desert charging for 1% of Exe that actually will see the dirt. Completely idiotic, they will create more waste/pollution buy installing charging stations in remote locations and supplying electricity (10% loss )

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Scott Blum who works for FCA on the wrangler development team stated they have not released pricing in any capacity and they was 100% BS. I trust him and we chat on the side about other things too and know he’s legit.

brett
Can you ask him if they still plan on producing the JPP Jeep? I guess it won’t be JPP20 anymore, but how about a JPP21?

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Did anyone see where the 4eX option was actually listed on these pricing docs? I sure didn't.

Foul!

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
yeah, those damn companies playing on the meaning of the words “discount” and “savings”

ever price out a Tesla just for fun? Go ahead and you will see the price YOU PAY followed by a lower price when gas savings are factored in......say, 55K vs 51K for a Y.... You’re going to pay 55K but they let you think that you are paying 51K.....

Shady marketing buts all over the place!
Tesla has recently cleaned that up a bit...