First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I can’t vouch for this, but someone posted on a JL Wrangler FB group that they had 2 on order, Rubicon 4xe’s, lots of options but not loaded (no skyroof I think) and they were $82-84k. That...can’t be right? Can it?
Jeep Wrangler JL How much????? Insanity E507C11C-0F2D-4297-A66D-AD6EC35BE3FA
Sponsored

KSwilly

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys in Hellayella
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I saw that too, and came here. Haven't seen any further reports that pricing is out there for the 4xE so this was a shock. That one listing does seem like a Rubicon in the normal engine range of $60+k, with all of those options added. Doesn't have the one-touch skytop but just about every other upgrade group.

OP
OP
S2k Chris

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Yeah, I saw that too, and came here. Haven't seen any further reports that pricing is out there for the 4xE so this was a shock. That one listing does seem like a Rubicon in the normal engine range of $60+k, with all of those options added. Doesn't have the one-touch skytop but just about every other upgrade group.
Yeah if that was $60k normally I’d expect $68-70k for the 4xe. This is like a $20k premium.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Ouch. That looks optioned similarly to the one I have on order.

If the pricing is accurate, I'll have to cancel and get a normal IC model. No way will I pay an extra $20k.

KSwilly

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys in Hellayella
Vehicle Showcase
I have no doubt that there will be a premium for both new variants of the Wrangler, as demand will be really high.

That number is insanely high.

Only explanation I can even remotely consider is that MAYBE (pure speculation here) the early 4xE adopters are helping to build out the trail chargers that Jeep has said they'll install nationwide, and MAYBE you get free charging for life, like Tesla. Even then, probably not enough of a benefit....

Sponsored

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon granite 2 doors; 2021 willys Sarge
Vehicle Showcase
Thy are f***g crazy. Did they sniff coke with hundred dollars bill? It is a plain insult considering all the quality control issues they have It is not a Mercedes or Audi and never be. And i owned a q5 and 5 wranglers.......Plus the experience you have at Audi dealer is not the one redneck one u have at jeep's where u have to fight with nails out to get shit done. Period. I would NOT pay that amount even if i was a millionaire just by principle. But ppl are free to do anything they want with their money. Hopefully they are not coming to this forum crying out loud they paid $80k+ and something is not working.....Helloooo its a jeep not an Audi.

Sponsored

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Before we get in a kerfuffle at FCA, can we vet this post? My dealer says he doesn’t know pricing yet.
Absolutely u are right that's why i wrote the post about facebook . BUT Jeep is known to leverage the jeep enthusiasm to charge ridiculous money for accessories ( see the half doors pricing)

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Let’s say you get 18 MPG with the 3.6 and drive 12,000 miles per year. That equals 666 gallons of gas per year. At $2/ gal that is $1333 per year fuel cost.

Jeep says the PHEV should get 50 MPG. So same calculation equals $480 in fuel cost.

the difference is $853 per year. So with a $20k premium it will take approximately 23.4 years to break even. Lol

that diesel isn’t looking that bad compared to those numbers.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
The FB group also had someone quoting "placeholder pricing" of $77k. The pricing shown above is consistent with the placeholder pricing. I'll try to remain calm until Paul can provide some real pricing.

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The FB group also had someone quoting "placeholder pricing" of $77k. The pricing shown above is consistent with the placeholder pricing. I'll try to remain calm until Paul can provide some real pricing.
Start shit in your pants LOL. I am sure your is a refundable deposit....
Sponsored