Sponsored

Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges

ImAJeepskate

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (JLU)
Bloomington CDJR (Where I purchased it new)
I purchased at Walser in Hopkins. Also trash service, but Park Jeep in Burnsville has been nothing but great to me for this service.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi @tsexton105,

We're sorry to learn that you've had delays in getting this repaired. Please send our team a DM with your VIN, mileage, and dealer so that we can look into this further.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Jonlilie

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Ruibcon & 2013 JKU Rubicon
I purchased at Walser in Hopkins. Also trash service, but Park Jeep in Burnsville has been nothing but great to me for this service.

Head over to Roseville Dodge Jeep. Ask for Jake in service or the manager Burrell Nadeau. Tell them what is going on. After my experience, with the bubbling, I think that team will get it right every time the first time. Nothing but great things to say about Roseville Jeep all said and done. Will more than likely purchase our Gladiator from there.

[email protected]
651-633-3500
www.roseejd.com

RockinMarine

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL, Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired Marine/ Techician for Disney
@JeepCares This is getting to be total BS. I took my vehicle in to dealership, and factory denied my claim. Service manager called and told me to call Jeep. When I called, they claim to have no record. Called dealership back, and they were able to pull up request. I paid 60k for a vehicle with rust, and no one wants to repair it. Maybe I need to seek legal council to get FCA to honor their warranty.

Sponsored

CJJLUR78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Willys, and previously owner of a 85 CJ-7
@JeepCares I also just joined this club and noticed 10+ spots on the door hinges, hood hinges, front window hinges, and the hood in multiple spots (on the leading edges). I went to my local dealership and they took pictures. Theyā€™re going to submit the warranty claim but if this is all over the Jeep I expect it will just pop up again In another spot even after they fix the current bubbling. Even the dealer was annoyed to see another one come in the shop because of this problem. The dealer body shop guys showed me 4 other FCA cars with the same problem including two Grand Cherokees, a Cherokee, and a Pacifica. This is absolutely crazy for a 2 yr old paint job on a $55k vehicle with 33k miles. What is FCA doing here for owners? Will Jeep pay for my ceramic coating to be redone? Are you going to roll out a lifetime warranty from the factory? I expect this to be a lifetime problem and owners shouldnā€™t be responsible for substandard workmanship. Below are a pics from my JLUR.

2A19F0E7-5E7D-482A-B603-444CB023C56D.jpeg

2B669FC2-5F3F-4271-B2E2-67D10EE5B79A.jpeg

3F061D67-8251-4757-B7B9-3A33D25E0E99.jpeg

90731400-E444-42A5-962E-14FD9B3EEA2A.jpeg

clayps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport
@JeepCares I also just joined this club and noticed 10+ spots on the door hinges, hood hinges, front window hinges, and the hood in multiple spots (on the leading edges). I went to my local dealership and they took pictures. Theyā€™re going to submit the warranty claim but if this is all over the Jeep I expect it will just pop up again In another spot even after they fix the current bubbling. Even the dealer was annoyed to see another one come in the shop because of this problem. The dealer body shop guys showed me 4 other FCA cars with the same problem including two Grand Cherokees, a Cherokee, and a Pacifica. This is absolutely crazy for a 2 yr old paint job on a $55k vehicle with 33k miles. What is FCA doing here for owners? Will Jeep pay for my ceramic coating to be redone? Are you going to roll out a lifetime warranty from the factory? I expect this to be a lifetime problem and owners shouldnā€™t be responsible for substandard workmanship. Below are a pics from my JLUR.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges 90731400-E444-42A5-962E-14FD9B3EEA2A

Jeep Wrangler JL Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges 90731400-E444-42A5-962E-14FD9B3EEA2A

I would lose my shit!

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!

Damn.......and i was mad about the few spots that are starting to show on mine. I knew it was only a matter of time for the hood to do it nut i didnt imagine it would he that bad! My dealer said the body shop was 2 months out and cant do anything about it before then. How long till you noticed it go that bad?

CJJLUR78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Willys, and previously owner of a 85 CJ-7
Just noticed it a few weeks ago. I hand wash it regularly and noticed it while drying it off. I noticed the leading edge of the hood first then looked over the entire Jeep and saw a bunch of bubbles/ripples in other spots. Sucks...itā€™s been relatively problem free until this issue.

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
Just noticed it a few weeks ago. I hand wash it regularly and noticed it while drying it off. I noticed the leading edge of the hood first then looked over the entire Jeep and saw a bunch of bubbles/ripples in other spots. Sucks...itā€™s been relatively problem free until this issue.
I hear ya. I noticed mine while i was waxing it one day. It started as alittle bubble on one door and then i noticed it on the others. I think the worst is my swing gate. Look under the hood as well. I have it on the inside lip.

Sponsored

LastMango

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon (replaced 2018 JLU Sport S)
Iā€™ve been in a few times now for repainting (hinges; door panel). One of the hinges that was ā€œfixedā€ during a a repaint in late June started bubbling up again all around the hinge, so I reached out to Jeep Cares. Spoke with them today, just prior to fix appointment #3 in as many months. Theyā€™re helping me coordinate & document the issue ā€œofficiallyā€. Not sure what difference that will make, but Iā€™ll post the outcome for the curious. Yayyyyyyy

Last edited:

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I haven't taken mine in yet, but what are the chances that FCA will extend the warranty on this Bubbling Paint/Corrosion issue??

LastMango

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon (replaced 2018 JLU Sport S)
I haven't taken mine in yet, but what are the chances that FCA will extend the warranty on this Bubbling Paint/Corrosion issue??
That was one of the things the Jeep Cares rep brought up. It was a very general initial conversation. Nothing official, and no specific details, but I wanted to know what the plan from FCA would be moving forward (it sure seems like this is going to keep on going with mine). I made it clear that I wasnā€™t looking to get something for nothingā€”like a payment... I just want the issue mitigated as best as possible. His thought process seemed to be to enact a ā€œspecialā€ extended paint warranty specific to the vehicle. I expect to hear back from them next week sometime.

Impy5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Found these bubbles on the tailgate of my 2020 Willys. Same issue I presume?
Jeep Wrangler JL Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges 20200906_113753
Jeep Wrangler JL Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges 20200906_113807