Sponsored

Xtreme Recon Package ( Worth the $$$ ) ?

Rachel Ruby

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys and a 2010 Rubicon
For what it's worth .. I got the XR Rubicon package and love it. I am doing regular jeep trails this summer ( Moab, Alpine Loop, etc) . I like the V6, nice and smooth, plenty of power. Never driven the 2.0 to compare. .

I did one off road trail in the snow in MN (spider lake) and it performed awesome ..

Also, why don't you order from Gupton motors and save a bunch of money? Maybe after the discount your technically only paying $3800 or something, worth pricing it out. . .
I am just curious how long does it stay in vendor stage for the extreme recon package to be installed? My extreme recon has been built, but it is now at vendor I don’t know how long it takes for this part , so it can be shipped
Sponsored

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
I am just curious how long does it stay in vendor stage for the extreme recon package to be installed? My extreme recon has been built, but it is now at vendor I don’t know how long it takes for this part , so it can be shipped
From what I am reading. 6-9 months!
hang in there… It will all be over soon!

Just kidding, I have seen other members , anywhere from to 7 to 10 days.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Agree for sure. The Willys does come with LED lights, which I added to the Rubi build, but when adjusted for non LED makes the Rubi only $1500 more. The LED group is one option that can be skipped for aftermarket products which are readily available. I do not know if Rock Trac would be available in the Willys but I assumed it is.

One interesting note is that for about the same coin the Willys XR could be had with half doors for ultimate summer coolness and mall crawling abilities.
I wouldn’t be so nonchalant about the LEDs. Even aftermarket alternatives aren’t that cheap. And 2021+ JL owners have been reporting error codes after trying to upgrade their lights to LEDs.

Honestly, $1,500 is not that much when you add up the cost of aftermarket LED headlamps, DRLs, fogs, tail lights, and a dealer reflash.

If you want LEDs, I’d just get ‘em from the factory and be done.

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
I wouldn’t be so nonchalant about the LEDs. Even aftermarket alternatives aren’t that cheap. And 2021+ JL owners have been reporting error codes after trying to upgrade their lights to LEDs.

Honestly, $1,500 is not that much when you add up the cost of aftermarket LED headlamps, DRLs, fogs, tail lights, and a dealer reflash.

If you want LEDs, I’d just get ‘em from the factory and be done.
Especially at today’s interest rates. Save the cash, invest it, finance the lights with the car. My total interest if I make minimum payments for the life of my loan was like $2500 over 5 years. I can easily make a better return on money investing It. All the more reason to get as much from the factory (XR package) as possible, up front.

treillw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Also I didn't see anyone mention the tailgate reinforcement. That's another $600 value. Several people mentioned the 4.10 being able to run 35's, but that just means the 4.56 can run 37's. I had planned to lift and put 35s on my 2020, so the XR is a blessing in my eyes. Plus with used car prices higher than new car prices right now, it was a no brainer for me. Ultimately I would ask myself where you see your Jeep in 5 or 10 years. The XR takes care of a lot of expensive upgrades and does so for a very good deal, plus maintains your factory warranty.
Will 37s fit with the lift that the XR has though?

Sponsored

DesertDweller520

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon XR
I did not benefit from the XR package as much as others but I am glad I got it. I immediatly upgraded the XR with an EVO 3.5 lift with 2.5 King Shocks and 37" Ridge grapplers. Made sense to me as I needed 35" tires for my JK. I figured if I did not get the XR package I would still have to buy a set of 35s. I also wanted the 4.56 gears, HD brakes, axle and tail gate reinforcement. Unfortunately my 37s are rubbing on the EVO control arms at full turn so I am putting 1.75 wheel spacers on her this weekend. I only need 1/4" spacers but they don't look as safe. All in all, I am very happy with my new rig. I am not getting the mpg I had hoped for (15-16) but then again I did not buy my jeep for gas milage.
Just out of curiosity was it for looks or functionality in very difficult terrain?

DontCallMeRubi

First Name
DR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Corvette Z06
One of several reasons why I think the 2.0t is the better engine. I tend to drive aggressively and usually have the cruise control set at 85mph on the freeway in our 2019 on 4.10 gears and 37’s and still get 15-17mpg on average.
I bought mine in October as well. I have 4300 miles on it so far in my average mpg has been between 16.8 and 17.5 mpg. I drive it normally and on my highway trips normally run it between 72 and 76 miles an hour. I’m wondering why we have such a difference in mileage? I took my long antenna off, could that be it :). I have the e-torque V6, My understanding is all of us who have XR Rubicon‘s have the same engine?
I’ve had my XR since mid October and have almost 7000 miles on it. I run 18-20mpg and was pleasantly surprised by this!
The XR engine is the e-torque V6 and I cannot imagine why my mpg is so much lower, I expected more like the 16-17 number...could be winter fuel but how much difference could that make? I would expect the 2.0t to get more mpg but not allowed with the XR package...I really wanted the diesel...oh well, dig into the wallet for more gas money!

DontCallMeRubi

First Name
DR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Corvette Z06
The XR engine is the e-torque V6 and I cannot imagine why my mpg is so much lower, I expected more like the 16-17 number...could be winter fuel but how much difference could that make? I would expect the 2.0t to get more mpg but not allowed with the XR package...I really wanted the diesel...oh well, dig into the wallet for more gas money!
Just dawned on the old brain, I did add steel front and rear bumpers, smittybilt roof rack and a mile marker winch (and the short antenna) so I suspect all that extra weight did have drop my mpg...before all this I got up to 16.2 anyways...duh...

sardogtella

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR. 2021 JLURXR
Just out of curiosity was it for looks or functionality in very difficult terrain?
I want the offroad capability. My jeep spends about half its time in the forest, hunting, fishing, SAR ect.. That said, I do like the looks as well. I basically built an XR out of my JK and it has served me well over the last decade. My new JL is even more capable.

20220123_135222.jpg

20220123_135207.jpg

BoatTox

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Rubicon XR -Skratch
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sitting
Just dawned on the old brain, I did add steel front and rear bumpers, smittybilt roof rack and a mile marker winch (and the short antenna) so I suspect all that extra weight did have drop my mpg...before all this I got up to 16.2 anyways...duh...
That makes total sense. I’m heading into the same territory next week as I begin big parts on my build. I’m sure the gas mileage is going to start plummeting :)

it’ll be worth it though. Congrats on your mods, sad for your wallet:)
Sponsored