Sponsored

What would you have called the Xtreme Recon package?

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep needs something to compete with Ford's varying packages, and they went with something crazy to compete with Ford's crazy.

Seriously, try to say "2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sasquatch" vs "2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Xtreme Recon"...

It's idiotic and juvenile.

So what should it be called?

The Rubicon edition is legendary, and everyone knows WHAT it means when it's said: D44s, e-lockers, e-swaybar disconnect, lift and 33s, hood and fenders.

I think there are several names that would cause us all to understand(like a kindergarten sight word) what it is.
Moab.
Alpine.
Ouray
Uhwarrie

Think:
"I got a Moab.:
"JLUA"
"I'd like a Ocean Blue Ouray 4 door."
"Rubicon or Uhwarrie?"

OR, and this is honestly where I'd like to see Jeep go, I think the Rubicon needs to be upgraded to this XR package. Period.

As a proud Rubicon owner x 2, the Rubicon is intended to be the best off-road vehicle from the production line. Jeep needs to KISS, and just put the wide D44s on it, the lift(not just higher shocks and bumpstops) and 35s on. Then I'd bump the Willy's up to what the current Rubicon is, sans the hood(maybe give it it's own).

Anyway, that's my $0.02.

Richard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Unlimited Rubicon
What about Trailhawk? Keeping it in line with the other more off-road worthy Jeeps.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I call it a marketing ploy to keep Jeep one step ahead of the Bronco's breakover and crawl ratio numbers.
Well, if only a marketing ploy, it wouldn't actually do anything. Since it acutally does give it superior stats, it's real.

I'd call it the Eagle. It sounds American as apple pie and I am 99% sure Jeep still owns that trademark, anyway. I'd stop short of calling it the Golden Eagle because you'd have to have gold with it. I hate gold on any vehicle except the 1977 black Trans Am.

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Well, if only a marketing ploy, it wouldn't actually do anything. Since it acutally does give it superior stats, it's real.

I'd call it the Eagle. It sounds American as apple pie and I am 99% sure Jeep still owns that trademark, anyway. I'd stop short of calling it the Golden Eagle because you'd have to have gold with it. I hate gold on any vehicle except the 1977 black Trans Am.
:) No offense, what you call superior I still call an over engineered marketing ploy.

- You don't need the upgrades of the XR to run 35s on a Rubicon
- You would have to replace 1/2 of the upgrades of the XR to run 37s
- You would have to replace pretty much all of the upgrades of the XR to run 40s

That said, to each is own and the XR on a Willys is absolutely a rocking deal since it can't run 35s out of the factory and comes with a much weaker axle and gear ratio than the Rubicon.

As far as the 1977 Trans Am....yes, after all of these years I still covet that Mona Lisa of automobiles.

Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
But it's available for the Willys too!
Old thread still going.

With the Bronco having Wildtrack model and the Sasquatch option with 35" tires and the Bronco Raptor having 37" tires, there should be nothing called Rubicon in for the new model year without at least a 35" tire.

The XR package should be simply called Rubicon. And there should be a Rubicon 37 option.

Reactions: AFD

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
King Mambo Hercules Edition

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
What about Trailhawk? Keeping it in line with the other more off-road worthy Jeeps.
Have they ever used the Trailhawk branding on the Wrangler? I know they've used it as a trim for just about every other Jeep model from Grand Cherokee down to the Renegade, but don't recall it ever being a thing for the Wrangler.

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Trailhawk XR 20th Anniversary Edition has a nice ring to it.

Sponsored

Richard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Have they ever used the Trailhawk branding on the Wrangler? I know they've used it as a trim for just about every other Jeep model from Grand Cherokee down to the Renegade, but don't recall it ever being a thing for the Wrangler.

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Trailhawk XR 20th Anniversary Edition has a nice ring to it.
I was also thinking along the lines of they have already trademarked the Trailhawk name.

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
I was also thinking along the lines of they have already trademarked the Trailhawk name.
Associated to the Grand Cherokee. We donā€™t need that kind of negativity on the Wrangler Rubicon. šŸ˜‚

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
:) No offense, what you call superior I still call an over engineered marketing ploy.

- You don't need the upgrades of the XR to run 35s on a Rubicon
- You would have to replace 1/2 of the upgrades of the XR to run 37s
- You would have to replace pretty much all of the upgrades of the XR to run 40s

That said, to each is own and the XR on a Willys is absolutely a rocking deal since it can't run 35s out of the factory and comes with a much weaker axle and gear ratio than the Rubicon.

As far as the 1977 Trans Am....yes, after all of these years I still covet that Mona Lisa of automobiles.
I agree, All Jeep had to do was slap some 35s on a Rubicon to beat out the Sasquatch after all thatā€™s all Ford did for a Sasquatch to beat out the Rubicon with stock 32s specs. Lol

I say they did the right thing. A little lift to give a bit more room, and a little bumpstop so the tires donā€™t rub at full stuff. They already had the better HD axle from the 392/Mojave, why not insure that itā€™s strong enough for 35s instead of hearing people whine that the factory axle canā€™t handle 35s. They did the same D44 upgrade with the JKU Recon. At the end of the day Nobody is forcing you to buy an XR itā€™s your choice. If they make that a part of the Rubicon pkg the base price goes up yet another $4k and no one has the choice.
Again, If someone is gonna buy aftermarket axels anyway, why would you pay an extra $20k for a Rubicon just to replace all the parts that make it a Rubicon.
Sponsored