Sponsored

Xtreme Recon Package ( Worth the $$$ ) ?

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
So with the new price jumps. I’m thinking about canceling the XR package from my build. $4k + $1250 new pricing for the V6 Etourque = $5250 … If I scratch that package & then opt for the 2.0 that is -$500. So technically I would be saving a whopping $5750.00. If I am reading the build sheet correctly? I think Jeep should cut people some slack on the engine price. Since u can not choose the 2.0 , when you opt for the XR package …. What’s your thoughts guys?
Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So with the new price jumps. I’m thinking about canceling the XR package from my build. $4k + $1250 new pricing for the V6 Etourque = $5250 … If I scratch that package & then opt for the 2.0 that is -$500. So technically I would be saving a whopping $5750.00. If I am reading the build sheet correctly? I think Jeep should cut people some slack on the engine price. Since u can not choose the 2.0 , when you opt for the XR package …. What’s your thoughts guys?
Depends on your plans. If you plan a bigger lift, different wheels and tires and a regear, than its a waste (even with the other extras). If you are going to keep it how it is, then the package is probably a good deal especially with factory warranty coving it all.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah. A $1,250 price jump shouldn’t be part of the equation for getting XR or not. A regear job alone is $2,500.

You need to decide whether you think you need the XR or not. If you are just getting it for looks, then sure, skip it.

Good luck.

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
Depends on your plans. If you plan a bigger lift, different wheels and tires and a regear, than its a waste (even with the other extras). If you are going to keep it how it is, then the package is probably a good deal especially with factory warranty coving it all.
@aldo98229 I luv the wheels & 35”s & Just that little bit of lift with the XR, That is why I was ordering it. But can’t help to think, the Rubicon can support 35”s with no problem & without regerar of course. Never using it as a rock crawler. Would it be cheaper to just change the wheels & tires myself at a later date?

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
PS - you didn’t specify in your original post if you were building a Rubicon or a Willys. You can order XR on a Willys, too. That’d save you a bundle right there.

But again, it all depends how you plan to use the Jeep.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I luv the wheels & 35”s & Just that little bit of lift with the XR, That is why I was ordering it. But can’t help to think, the Rubicon can support 35”s with no problem & without regerar of course. Would it be cheaper to just change the wheels & tires myself at a later date?
There is a lot more to a non 392 XP than just tires and wheels.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
@aldo98229 I luv the wheels & 35”s & Just that little bit of lift with the XR, That is why I was ordering it. But can’t help to think, the Rubicon can support 35”s with no problem & without regerar of course. Never using it as a rock crawler. Would it be cheaper to just change the wheels & tires myself at a later date?
Yes! Wheels are a dime a dozen.

Personally, I don’t find the XR wheels that good looking. There are tons of better choices out there, many costing lots less.

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
PS - you didn’t specify in your original post if you were building a Rubicon or a Willys. You can order XR on a Willys, too. That’d save you a bundle right there.

But again, it all depends how you plan to use the Jeep.
Oops , Rubicon

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Lol,, that’s the only reason I was honestly considering, being I can include it in my payments.
While I would never reccomend an 84 payment loan for a vehicle or to buy based on monthly payments one can afford, that's on you.

Just to put things into perspective though, whatever your payment schedule is, look at the price difference with and without the $6k.

Personally, I think the XR is amazing value for the money.

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
While I would never reccomend an 84 payment loan for a vehicle or to buy based on monthly payments one can afford, that's on you.

Just to put things into perspective though, whatever your payment schedule is, look at the price difference with and without the $6k.

Personally, I think the XR is amazing value for the money.
Thx for the input. By the way , no way would I do a 84 month. That’s just nuts!

Im doing a 96! Lmao 🤣

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
For what it's worth .. I got the XR Rubicon package and love it. I am doing regular jeep trails this summer ( Moab, Alpine Loop, etc) . I like the V6, nice and smooth, plenty of power. Never driven the 2.0 to compare. .

I did one off road trail in the snow in MN (spider lake) and it performed awesome ..

Also, why don't you order from Gupton motors and save a bunch of money? Maybe after the discount your technically only paying $3800 or something, worth pricing it out. . .

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
For what it's worth .. I got the XR Rubicon package and love it. I am doing regular jeep trails this summer ( Moab, Alpine Loop, etc) . I like the V6, nice and smooth, plenty of power. Never driven the 2.0 to compare. .

I did one off road trail in the snow in MN (spider lake) and it performed awesome ..
Awesome to hear! I presently have the 2.0 in my 2dr Rubi. Great engine , no complaints here.