Wrangler as a daily driver?

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
How many of you utilize your wrangler as a daily driver? I travel to several plants monthly throughout the northeast and put roughly 20-25k miles a year on my daily driver. Wondering if my ordered 392 can fit the bill as a daily?
If you can afford the gas there is no reason way not.
Sponsored

OnThRcks

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I have a 2.0 JLU which I drive daily, about 30 miles one way. I was very worried about enjoying it as a daily driver, but I LOVE it. It is still stock, very fun to drive. I don't have any of the steering issue mentioned by some. Do it!

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
My ‘20 Sahara is my DD. Took delivery 9/5/2019

riding on 35’s

Currently setting just over 35k miles.

lovin every minute of it!!!!!!

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Oh in that case drive on! Idling in traffic with the 392 gives me anxiety but if that’s not an issue 💪🏼

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
How many of you utilize your wrangler as a daily driver? I travel to several plants monthly throughout the northeast and put roughly 20-25k miles a year on my daily driver. Wondering if my ordered 392 can fit the bill as a daily?
as long as you don't mind a massive fuel bill, you'll be fine.

Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Thanks for all the replies. For clarification, my work gives me a healthy monthly stipend toward a vehicle payment and also pays 100% of my gas and insurance (I’m blessed and fortunate for sure). Also, they pay 100% of any maintenance related items including tires although during the warranty period it isn’t an issue. So, I will be basically driving a new 392 X-Recon for a very cheap out of pocket payment and will never worry about gas/insurance. In saying that, it makes it fun but also nerve racking when picking a vehicle to purchase as it’s my work/personal vehicle and price really isn’t a concern. I’ve looked at the TRX as well and even a new power wagon. BUT, will they put a bigger smile on my face or be a better daily than my 392? My heart and gut says no….but, my dad (rip) is looking down saying what the hell are you doing buying a wrangler as a daily? So, my brain questions my love and desire to have the 392 :facepalm:
Well, in that case-
IMG_1132-tiny-2048x0-0.5x0.jpg

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The definition of the daily commute has changed forever with Work From Home.

I consider my Wrangler my “daily driver,” but I work from home now so I barely do 30 miles a week.

I think that as American households give up their long daily commutes, it’s become easier to justify owning something like a Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Gladiator or Toyota Tacoma. Hence the record sales.

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I work from home, so no commute. The JLUR is my only vehicle though, so i'd say it qualifies. I have put about 25k miles a year and averaged about 13 mpg with the 2.0. Wouldn't change a thing. California gas prices are going back up, but i enjoyed them while they were low.

Sponsored

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
I am a professional who would rather drive a jeep than the Fully loaded Acura MDX that my wife now drives. Before that she drove a Range Rover.
I laugh when she asks me what my colleagues think of me driving a modded jeep.
I just say frankly my dear I don't give a dam.
I would pick the jeep over any other vehicle for my DD.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Drive my new Willys 125 miles (round trip) 5 days a week into Houston. Its a manual trans 2 door and always look forward to the drive! Its a hard top, with the half doors mounted most of the time. I had a convertible sports car before, and the Willys is more comfortable, and quieter.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
I DD a 36 mile round trip commute in a JLUS 3.6 with 2” lift and 35” MT tires. 90% of commute is on the highway. But compared to our other cars, Toyota and BMW, I drive 15 mph slower in the Wrangler.

Blanco802

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Daily drive my 6 speed Sahara about 32 miles per day. Very comfortable. Not a luxury ride by any means, but very easy to manage the commute.

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
My wife daily drives the JLUR and loves it. She had a mini van and a CRV prior and prefers the wrangler. Shocking right 🤣
Sponsored