First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
hahahah " Also, he says later on a gnat hitting the replacement windshield caused a chip in the glass. "

A gnat. A fuckin gnat.

Sponsored

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Exactly what do people expect from a windshield that is practically straight? I had similar issues on my F350 which had three windshields put on it. Get glass coverage and deal with it, or get another vehicle with a sharper rake on the windshield. Should Jeep really redesign a vehicle because 'some' people complain about the glass? I mean, the person did see it and buy it......

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Just say NO to lining the pockets of lawyers with class action lawsuits.

Sponsored

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
FCA should counter with “If you’d fold your windshield down, that little gnat bastard wouldn’t be able to break it”.

And class action suits are stupid. Lawyers are gonna get $20,000,000 and Jeep owners will get about 17 cents.

SparkleTooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stellantis SUCKS
I wish they would have saved the class action lawsuit for something worthwhile like perhaps the terrible charging system Jeep has plagued us with, or paint bubbling at every bracket, etc

Dusty Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Ply Roadrunner, 2010 Challenger SRT
I think there should be a class action lawsuit for attorneys charging exorbitant rates and fees...

🤬 scumbags!

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Dunno. I've seen several threads here where the front or rear windshield just suddenly cracked on a colder morning from the auto-defrosters kicking on. Not saying it's worthy of a class-action lawsuit or anything, but I really don't recall ever reading about this being a common problem with other vehicles.

The front being more prone to cracking from tiny pebbles is also incredibly common here, but that is likely only due to the upward rake of the windshield and there's probably not much that can be done to remedy that. Their Gorilla Glass windshield certainly didn't make much of a difference.

Personally, I always turn the defrosters off manually immediately after I see them turn on automatically and let the heater and interior air warm up the glass at a much slower rate (and then turn them back on if still needed). And while driving, the best I can do is keep my distance from the cars in front of me and drive closer to the berm when large semis, triaxles and dipshits with extreme tire poke are oncoming or passing beside me.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
All the wining for color shifting cupholder lights, 15" monitors, wifi, prostate heaters, doorhandle heaters, and now: lawsuits over cracked windshields. The commutors and lawyers have re-shaped the Jeep to what it is; an electronic nightmare. Soon it will look like a RAV4 and cost $100k for the base model. But, it'll be a nice CAR.
Sponsored