Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger RT, Hopefully Sting Grey JLU

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
All the wining for color shifting cupholder lights, 15" monitors, wifi, prostate heaters, doorhandle heaters, and now: lawsuits over cracked windshields. The commutors and lawyers have re-shaped the Jeep to what it is; an electronic nightmare. Soon it will look like a RAV4 and cost $100k for the base model. But, it'll be a nice CAR.
I'm sorry, but the "commutors" and 4-door soccer moms that rack up thousands of miles on their Jeeps every year are probably the reason the Wrangler's even still around today. It just makes sense that someone driving over 10,000 miles a year in their Wrangler will encounter far more stones and cracked windshields versus a fair-weather Jeeper that only takes theirs out twice a month for Sunday brunch during the summer (nothing wrong with that either).

With 27 trims across the JL and JT, there's really no reason that any of that shit should be on the base Sport or Willys. And buddy, that's your exhaust pipe, not a prostate heater 😁

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

lawyers are the scum of the earth. i am sorry but the story literately said a gnat cracked the lawyers window while driving on the high way. That is physically impossible.....I am sorry there isnt much that holds up to things being chucked at 65+ miles per hour hitting glass that shits at 75 degree angle or so.

and on top of all that.. my 15 silverado has gone through 3 windshields in the last 8 years of daily driving it for work. The last one made it 1 month before a rock took a fat hit chipping it.. I have had zero windshields replacements on my wrangler.

2020 Rubi Diesel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
My 2020 JLURD has 3 chips in 25k. My 2016 Yukon with a 140,xxx has 7 chips and Friday before Memorial day I got a chip and it cracked the windshield. My wife's 2017 Honda Pilot(90k) has a half dozen chips and a crack.

If you drive on roads, you will get windshield chips and cracks.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I'm sorry, but the "commutors" and 4-door soccer moms that rack up thousands of miles on their Jeeps every year are probably the reason the Wrangler's even still around today. It just makes sense that someone driving over 10,000 miles a year in their Wrangler will encounter far more stones and cracked windshields versus a fair-weather Jeeper that only takes theirs out twice a month for Sunday brunch during the summer (nothing wrong with that either).

With 27 trims across the JL and JT, there's really no reason that any of that shit should be on the base Sport or Willys. And buddy, that's your exhaust pipe, not a prostate heater 😁
No reason to be sorry. The reality is what it is. Jeep is a big business because of all the foo-foo features combined with the iconic look of ruggedness.

Sponsored

NWJeepr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR
If you drive on roads, you will get windshield chips and cracks.
Exactly. In some parts of the country it's less likely, but if you're playing around mountains and multi-lane highways, you're going to bust a windshield. It's just a matter of time.

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
lawyers are the scum of the earth. i am sorry but the story literately said a gnat cracked the lawyers window while driving on the high way. That is physically impossible.....I am sorry there isnt much that holds up to things being chucked at 65+ miles per hour hitting glass that shits at 75 degree angle or so.

and on top of all that.. my 15 silverado has gone through 3 windshields in the last 8 years of daily driving it for work. The last one made it 1 month before a rock took a fat hit chipping it.. I have had zero windshields replacements on my wrangler.
A gnat is not what you're thinking. It was a GNAT- Giant Nutty Airborne Turd. That could definitely crack a windshield. I mean, it even came from a crack!

rivercrossing

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XTerra, Miata
Glass chips and cracks. The roads are often bad around where I live and I think every vehicle I have owned has gotten a chipped or cracked windshield at some point.

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Although in your case you could just replace it with a sheet of plexi and send it
When I do get my front windshield replaced eventually, I honestly already plan on finding someone who will be willing to install a decent thickness sheet of polycarbonate. Sure it might be a few thousand dollars, but the thing will last through the apocalypse!

Reactions: AFD

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR (soon), Gen 2 Cummins, 22 Sport Alt. R.I.P
hahahah " Also, he says later on a gnat hitting the replacement windshield caused a chip in the glass. "

A gnat. A fuckin gnat.
Must have been his Jurassic park Jeep and a giant prehistoric gnat.

Sponsored

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR (soon), Gen 2 Cummins, 22 Sport Alt. R.I.P
I'm actually surprised there isn't a warning label on the a-pillar to wear a helmet and/or eye protection when driving with the windshield down.

Ope... someone will probably try to turn a buck on that too.
My son had a YJ in high school. He and his buddies would drive around downtown, windshield down with ski goggles on. One time a cop pulled up next to them, looked over, called them idiots and drove off. Made me miss being young and stupid, haha.

NWJeepr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR
My son had a YJ in high school. He and his buddies would drive around downtown, windshield down with ski goggles on. One time a cop pulled up next to them, looked over, called them idiots and drove off. Made me miss being young and stupid, haha.
I like it. I wouldn't ride a motorcycle without eye protection, same goes for a Jeep, unless it was at crawl speeds. At least they were being smart about it!! Grumpy officer.

roobies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 540i, 2023 JLUR
hopefully they start a class action against Ford and BMW too. i have more chips and cracks in my truck and suv than my JL so far...... knock on wood.

drpericak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Earl JLU Rubicon
Occupation
dentist
I was just thinking to myself today that I haven't replaced a windshield in quite a long time. My first 2 JKs had both replaced a few times, but neither JL. I know I'm asking for trouble by posting this.