Sponsored

Would you join a class action against FCA over the steering issues?

Would you join a class action against FCA over the JLUR steering issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Title says it all. Wondering if it’s worth us pursuing this....
Sponsored

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
"I hate lawyers" lol had to choose that one, I would try to settle with jeep without getting anyone else involved first. If that fails look into other options.

clf1024

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2018 JL Sahara
No joke, they bought my 2018 JL Sahara loaded back and gave me a 2019 JL Sahara loaded and it has the same damn problems. WT_!

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
https://gomlaw.com/jeep-recalls-2018-2019-wrangler-jl-models-for-steering-problems/

Article: FCA being sued for Death Wobble
June 12, 2019

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...lleged-jeep-wrangler-death-wobble/1433767001/

The lawsuit, which was filed on behalf of Claire Reynolds, a New Jersey resident who owns a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4 x 4, accuses the company of offering drivers a "Band-Aid fix" in the form of replacing the steering damper if the vehicle is under warranty.

The lawsuit seeks damages for affected drivers in the form of a buyback program that requires FCA to pay drivers for defective vehicles and compensation for the loss of value to the vehicles. It also wants drivers to be provided with replacement vehicles while their repairs are pending.

The lawsuit also seeks punitive damages "for FCA’s knowing fraud that put drivers and members of the public nationwide at risk;" calls for regulators to order the company to issue a recall.

Looks like it is for the JK, but still, seeing the same steering damper “band-aid fix” comments on the JL forums

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/fca-being-sued-for-death-wobble.31589/

Sponsored

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Yes since this is my second jl with death wobble

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Class Action usually means the lawyers get rich and the plaintiffs get a $100 coupon off your next Jeep purchase. There is the slight possibility it would force FCA to find the root cause and provide an actual fix.

Vondy

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Prefer not to go legal, but this is getting ridiculous. I just want it fixed.

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
When taking delivery of our jeep (sahara) I noticed the jeep wandered a bit but never took it in to the dealer and now I have a lift with 35's and seems the wandering is getting worse. I've read in prior posts that there is a TSB for steering box. My sahara was manufactured in october of 2018 and not sure if it is part of the bad ones but If I take it in now to the dealer will they try to blame the lift for the steering and if so how can I address the issue?

Sponsored

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
If this fight turns out like the frame welds it will likely be long and ugly. Another member told me that NHTSA gave FCA a deadline for investigation compliance on the frame issues. FcA missed that deadline. FCA was given an extension and missed the next deadline as well. Looks like FCA is refusing to comply with NHTSA.

bwright1818

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Good luck trying to fight FCA. I have been doing that and believe me, it's easier to peel off your own finger nails. The steering issue is the least of my problems. The problem is really this: Over the years, the Wrangler has morphed from a gutsy, tough, simple vehicle into something Cinderella would be comfortable driving. The engine of a Ferrari, the clutch feel of a Yaris, the sound system of an audiophile. The one thing left of the old, tough, Jeep is the steering......so it just seems worse than it really is, by comparison. Personally, I'd rather keep the steering and change the REST of the Jeep BACK.
Sponsored