Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Haha!

I admit I like Gladiator. Especially in Gator green. But I'd hate driving around in such a long vehicle. It would be a pain to maneuver on the trail and in the mall parking lots.

bullfrog3459

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Caliber (Sold), 2012 Black Dodge Journey, 2021 HellaYella Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
Network Administrator / Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

golong27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I usually hang them out the back. 12' 1x8s last night fit nicely on the arm rest and angled out the back between the tire and the corner brackets for the soft top. I will admit that the 16' 2x4s a couple months ago was a bit dicey

Reactions: GtX

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I used to work at a lumber yard. On occasion, a customer would load his truck in the same manner, or request that I do so. I discouraged the former, and refused the latter. The likelihood of cracked windscreens was too high to risk it. We were fortunate that our manager supported us, as it concerned this one particular and apparent refusal to assist the customer as he requested.

I witnessed one fellow crack his windshield due to inattentiveness whilst loading, mere moments after I warned him against loading the boards in the manner pictured above.

=======

On a slightly related manner, I've been surprised that no one has asked why I ordered a JLU, and not a Gladiator, insomuch that I'm replacing the Honda Ridgeline that I've owned for nearly 12 years.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
...when you can load 12-foot baseboards in your JL?

Jeep Wrangler JL Who needs a Gladiator... 775753238_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fcxh3-1.fna.fbcdn

Jeep Wrangler JL Who needs a Gladiator... 775753238_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fcxh3-1.fna.fbcdn
I've had a few 12' piece of baseboard in my JL (an actual JL, not a JLU) and drove about 10 miles @ 65 MPH. Stuck it through the passenger side window and rested between the passenger door mirror & door frame. FWIW: the JL is only 13'-11" long, and the front of the baseboard was about level with the grill.

Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Awesome click bait post! Man, I want a JT for the pickup bed aspects, but I don't want to lose departure angle and I don't want to lose the interior storage space. Just wish the cargo area of the JL was just a few inches bigger. Same thing my wife says.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
nobody needs a Gladiator. People just want one. They are a terrible compromise as a truck and mediocre at best for offloading. So people like me would like a Gladiator, but I realize that for the $65,000 I could have a F250 diesel truck....... Abot 10x the truck that the Gladiator is. And for the same price, a JLUR will be tricked out and way out wheel a Gladiator. So yeah, you have to want a Gladiator because no one really needs one. I do have to admit that my bud Geoff has a cool one.

Jeep Wrangler JL Who needs a Gladiator... 1600349824232
Sponsored