When did your battery die?

How long did your OEM battery last?

• Total voters

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
Both needed replacing around the 18 month mark.
Sponsored

Raven99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Clubs

My main battery is still chugging along at 35K miles and 3 years. My beloved autostart battery died within the first year and was replaced under warranty. I did not even realize it had died but noticed the Jeep was no longer shutting down at traffic lights. It got replaced by the dealer when I had an oil change and I did not know about it till I got it back. I wish they'd just left it alone.
I fear my autostart battery is also dead (autostart has been saying the battery is still charging for a couple months now). I only drive my Jeep 2 or three days a week, but being just over 2 yrs old I do not expect either battery to die ... I will get mine checked at my next oil change .. (kinda relieved the symptoms I have noticed are not "unique") .. PS the main battery is A-OK so far :knockonwood:

euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landy 110, 2014, 1.8T Golf GTI 2001, Audi Q5 2013,
Stop/Start stopped working after i was overseas, and battery died, so had to charge main battery

Took to dealers, and replacing main and auxilary battery off warranty

30 months, and 14K

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased my JLU at a time back in history when vehicles sat on dealer lots sometimes for months without being purchased. Both of my batteries were "charged" by the dealer before I drove it home, but they were already compromised because of sitting on their lot for so long.

Had to replace the Aux battery within 12 months under warranty. And the main battery within 24 months because my dealer refused to replace both the first time :facepalm:

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Mine lasted about 41 months 34k miles. I could feel and hear the weak starting over a few weeks and then one day it just did the typical dead battery click.

So I replaced both batteries

Sponsored

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 YJ, ā€˜21 JLR, ā€˜22 JLUR XR, ā€˜23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Less than 24 months on my ā€˜19 Sport. I think a contributing factor was the EVIC randomly not shutting off. Had to keep pulling fuse #97. PITA.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Mine croaked before the 2 year mark. I assume it's due to not driving (covid) and no charger. I replaced them both with a Genesis dual battery system. I'll be getting a charger soon. Still not really driving that much.

pipincan

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0L North Edition *Bikini Pearl*
2020 2.0T Sahara w/ESS - Manufactured Nov 2019 - Purchased from dealer Jun 2020.

Main battery is still going strong after 22000 kms / 18 months of use.

The auxiliary battery was replaced one week after purchase, which is not surprising based on the amount of time the Jeep sat around on the dealer lot.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
2.0 etorque, iā€™m pretty sure it died around a year and half in, about 19k miles. Felt kinda short lived for a battery. Dealer swapped it no issues though.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I appreciate everyoneā€™s participation. Seems battery life is all over the place. January will be 3 years and about 40K miles for me. Since I plan on taking a long distance wheeling road trip next fall Iā€™ll plan to preemptively replace both batteries at the end of the summer. Unless I just jinxed myself and the fail before that.

Sponsored

dirtydawgsrubi

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 JLUR
ā€˜20 JLUR 2.0T - Main battery failed at 14 months and 24k miles. According to the service department sheet the battery failure caused 53 different codes that had to be worked individually after I told them the main battery was shot. 2 days later I had a new main battery and lots of codes chased down. Definitely looking to isolate batteries in the near future.

Jeronimo44

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon X 4xe
19 JLUR
31k miles
2.0 eTorque
09/27: "ESS not working, battery charging"
09/28: Jeep wouldn't start. Voltage checked battery...sitting at 11.7v

Used a Battery Jumpstarter and drove it straight to the dealership. Likely the 48v Battery and/or main battery will need to be replaced....

Stay tuned...

Glen722

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rubicon JLU
Both batteries were going strong when I replaced them after about a year and a half with a Genesis Dual Battery System. I just didn't want the risk of them failing on a trail way out in the Arizona desert.

Okiedokie

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Sahara
Got it May 2019, but some days lately the ESS doesnā€™t turn the engine off, so Iā€™m thinking the aux is about to go.

Scott
Got mine in March of 2019 and I didn't even notice the ESS stopped "working" until I came out to the Jeep dead twice now and started paying attention.

So dumb dummy question here. If I don't even like the ESS function do I have to replace the aux? I'm out of warranty and dread what that would cost...
Sponsored