Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Had it replaced about 2 mo ago. So lasted 19 months. It was at the service dept for repair and sat for over 1-2 weeks while waiting for a part. Worked fine no issues when dropped off. When they went to move it when part came in is when it suddenly wouldn’t start.
Sponsored

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
Had it replaced about 2 mo ago. So lasted 19 months. It was at the service dept for repair and sat for over 1-2 weeks while waiting for a part. Worked fine no issues when dropped off. When they went to move it when part came in is when it suddenly wouldn’t start.
Ugh, hope they replaced it!

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While not a JL but my JKU battery is still on the original after 5+ years. My JK prior to that died the day after I bought it (used). That one was 3 years old and sat on the dealer lot. So I always drive it atleast every few days. My long work commute certainly helps too! I just sold it tho so I'm sure it will die on the lot too. Crossing my fingers with my 4xe!!

Sponsored

jayteal

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon; 2018 JLUR; 2004 TJ
Bought my JLUR in July 2018 and am on my third main battery and second spare battery. ESS goes out once a year basically and the dealership just replaces one or the other. Now that I'm out of my basic warranty, going to upgrade to a beefier main battery.

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They sure did. With me paying for it. But they were so gracious to not charge me labor for it. :lipssealed: Needless to say I wasn’t happy.
I would not have been either. If they wanted labor too, I'd show with a new battery and replace it myself right in front of them. Ridiculous.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
I would not have been either. If they wanted labor too, I'd show with a new battery and replace it myself right in front of them. Ridiculous.
Right! I mean changing out the aux battery is a bit more labor intensive but still. It was working just fine when I dropped it off.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Knock on wood, my 2019 2.0 JLUR's main battery is still strong and healthy. It was built on Thursday 12/20/18 during the 9pm hour, and currently has 53,114 on the clock. I'd like to proactively swap it with whatever is the highest quality and reputed replacement, as I'm not at all interested in trying to set any lifespan records with the oem.

Sponsored

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Still no issues yet here. Purchased In June of 2019 and have 27K miles. I religiously turn off the ESS everytime I drive it too.
Now that I've said that it'll act up lol.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
What I'd like to know is how these batteries die/died. Did they died slowly requiring a jump to get going after sitting a while, etc...or did they suddenly die, wouldn't take a jump and rendered the vehicle immobile?

I don't care if they die slowly. I simply don't want to be stranded on a trail in the middle of nowhere all of a sudden.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I’m curious about when you had to replace your original battery (if you have already). Did it fail prematurely? Have you replaced it preemptively before it began to fail? Tell me your battery story.
2019 V6 with autostart. aux battery died at 1.5 years old. replaced under warranty. i now use a battery tender once a week.

Main battery still strong after 2 years

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
...I simply don't want to be stranded on a trail in the middle of nowhere all of a sudden.
That... is a real concern. This is the first new vehicle I've ever owned that I did not trust because of all the electronic bullshit I've had to deal with.

I'm currently evaluating how best to implement a two-battery system that keeps one battery charged, but switched off & isolated unless I need it.

As to the poll question-- 22 months/7600 miles since build date. And turning off the ESS is part of my start-up checklist.

palmor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, 2018 JLU Moab
Still going, bought the car in Nov of 2018 so almost 3 years ago.. but only 21k miles.
Sponsored