When did your battery die?

How long did your OEM battery last?

• Total voters

Pismo61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Are both batteries covered under 3/36000 mi.
Sponsored

DigitalDiem

First Name
Capn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep has 40K miles on it and both batteries still going strong. Even after using a camp fridge for 10 days last year out west. ....now that I've typed this they'll both be dead this morning:CWL:

VKSheridan

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 Dr Rubicon JL Hardtop
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Vehicle Showcase
This is probably a stupid question, but shouldn't the JL be able to start using either battery? I thought both batteries had to die at the same time for the car not to start.
You would think that but when my main battery went belly up, my dash looked like a Christmas tree and there was no cranking. The little auxiliary battery is “supposed” to be the source for cranking but once the big battery frogs out, it’s anybody’s guess if there’s enough control voltage to power the ignition circuit.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
You would think that but when my main battery went belly up, my dash looked like a Christmas tree and there was no cranking. The little auxiliary battery is “supposed” to be the source for cranking but once the big battery frogs out, it’s anybody’s guess if there’s enough control voltage to power the ignition circuit.
SAME! I thought for sure my starter had conked out or something because when I turned the jeep on, the display and everything came on. I was surprised when the jump worked.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Good question. I’d assume not, sorta like brake pads aren’t covered, because it varies on how people use their jeeps and where they live and how they drive.

I could be wrong though.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
2018 3.6. Bought it February 2019. Stop/start quit working so I took it in. They replaced the main but didnt replace the aux. 🙄 They said it just needed a charge and put it back in. Didnt call me, said they were busy. I would have paid to replace it since they had it out. Main lasted 29 months since ownership, aux still going. They also said they'd never heard of the software update TSB to allow it to crank with a dead aux. I'll have to print it and hand it to them.
They probably just lied to you, said they pulled it out and didn’t. That thing is hard to get to.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Good question. I’d assume not, sorta like brake pads aren’t covered, because it varies on how people use their jeeps and where they live and how they drive.

I could be wrong though.
They are.

VKSheridan

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 Dr Rubicon JL Hardtop
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Vehicle Showcase
Because ESS is used to acquire the emissions certification and ESS won’t work with inadequate batteries, both batteries are covered as are their respective solenoids, controllers and relays.

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
2018 Rubicon 42,000 miles will be 4 years old in April, my battery needs to be replaced. would not start after sitting for 6 days, charged battery and worked fine for about a week, now its cranking slowly and remote start is not working time for a replacement. I usually get 5-6 years out of batteries...

SIGP2101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2021 Rubicon 2.0T
With all this horror stories about dead batteries has anyone think of going back to good old lead acid chemistry? That way no more this AGM BS and batteries dried out prematurely. Sealed LA batteries should give us back those 5 years at least.

Sponsored

Nomod

First Name
Brien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S; '05 Pontiac GTO; '12 MBenz GLK; '99 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan; all purchased new - I tend to keep vehicles a long time
36 months, 15,600 miles - originals still 'good'.

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
2018 Rubicon 42,000 miles will be 4 years old in April, my battery needs to be replaced. would not start after sitting for 6 days, charged battery and worked fine for about a week, now its cranking slowly and remote start is not working time for a replacement. I usually get 5-6 years out of batteries...
So just replace battery with an AGM Die Hard with 4 year warranty, everything is fine now, it did take about 20 minutes of driving before the remote start began working again...

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Had both batteries replaced within a year after purchase. Last spring, my Start/stop wasnt working anymore AGAIN since the secondary battery was always charging. Numerous searches lead me to find the solution by installing an engine bay charger with an extension cord routed to outside the jeep (like a block heater power cord). When I know I'll be a few days without using the Jeep, or only very short commutes will be made, I plug it in.

Been working like a champ ever since. AND, since my alternator isnt constently charging the secondary battery as it is always fully charged now, I saw a notable increase in mpg.

cride1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
So I came here because I think I may be having a battery issue but something really weird just happened. It started yesterday when my remote start would not work after setting for 6 or 7 hours. It would honk once and would not start. When I did start it, it kind of started slowly, kind of dragged, turned over a couple more times that normal before starting. Remote start would not work today at lunch time either, but the ESS function worked normally. On my way back from lunch today, setting at a stop light, the light turns green and I start to push the gas and it dies. Don't really recall seeing any kind of message or on the dash or anything. It starts back up and I am able to drive away. Now what is really odd is that I started watching the voltage when remote start would not work. It was setting between 12 and 13 volts typically which I think is low. When ESS restarted it after a stop I saw it dropped down into the 11s. After this episode at the stop light, it is now setting at 14.3 volts continuous... I have not idea what is going on with it.