First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Occupation
V.P. of Sales
I've owned the OEM twill soft top on our previous 2 door JL. I'll have real world apples to apples feedback in the next month. This one took longer to install, but aesthetically I like it more.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I don't like the fact that its sticks up while open. Kinda like a soft top being bunched up in the back when its down.
@Trailrated

Have you ever seen a Bestop SR in person/on a JLor JT ? Your comment makes me wonder if you have. I'm a tad OCD and to me the SR looks aokdecent when open.. not that noticeable.

fuelfox4949

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon JL
Occupation
Capt of the Wiggle Wagons.
I installed the XR fender extension, I really didnt think I would like it but I wanted to stay "close" to legal.
after I installed them, which took a hour...... I must say they look pretty dang good.

Zipzit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 4x4 Wannabee
@Mikester86

The chances of you not liking the Bestop SR are slim to none.

In over 3 yrs. of posts by other's here on the forum regarding the SR, there has probably been less then 6 that said they wished they had gone with a soft top instead or said something similar..

As for the SR being "expensive".... Well, to me you are getting what you pay for... TERRIFIC product offering, with top notch Customer Service and great warranty if you go with the TWILL SR.

Remember too, the Bestop Sunrider, if you just do minimal care of it, will be easily sold when you finally blow off your JL. You will recoop much of what you originally paid for the SR when you sell it.

By the way, I am not in Bestop's pocket so to speak.. nor, are the many many other SR owner's here on the forum that sing the happy song so to speak, in regard to the @Bestop Sunrider.. YES, it is that good.
I'm looking at a new JL Unlimited "High Tide", which apparently includes the Sunrider® for Hardtop by Mopar® option. It's not clear to me. Does that factory option include the hardtop filler panels in addition to the front folding top panel as well? Anybody know? Thx...

Sponsored

Industrialwrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 SRT Challenger. 18 4Runner off-road premium.
Showed my rear fender what’s up. Found a nice tight squeeze and dragged it right through. I was stoked to make it through a trail by me called sidewinder totally unscathed. Seriously it’s got some interesting stuff to get through. Then proceeded to inflect the exact same damage that trail would have done about 30 mins later on a trail called bronco flats. Corral canyon San Diego.

F9BFED61-A4FA-490C-8BBA-D67BDBF6C82D.jpeg

040C562E-A80C-4037-B7A6-465A62C4AEB8.jpeg

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Showed my rear fender what’s up. Found a nice tight squeeze and dragged it right through. I was stoked to make it through a trail by me called sidewinder totally unscathed. Seriously it’s got some interesting stuff to get through. Then proceeded to inflect the exact same damage that trail would have done about 30 mins later on a trail called bronco flats. Corral canyon San Diego.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 040C562E-A80C-4037-B7A6-465A62C4AEB8

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 040C562E-A80C-4037-B7A6-465A62C4AEB8
Do have a tan hard top to match that interior?

Industrialwrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 SRT Challenger. 18 4Runner off-road premium.
Do have a tan hard top to match that interior?
I’ve got the black hardtop. I want the tan soft too though. It’s a bummer the dual top group isn’t offered for the 2door.I’m just going to rock the top off for now though. Looks like I need to buy some steel fenders.

4x4Funlover

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Looks like I need to buy some steel fenders.
IMHO don't do steel fenders if your going to doing tight trails, they don't give and you run the risk of doing even more damage to tub or fenders. I have completed knocked off fenders and some new clips from the glove box gets me right for the ride home.

Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 6BF1CC54-6551-488D-A44E-8E9FEA3B4249

Rear control arms and track bar done today. It’s a hair off, I shifted it an 1/8” too far to the driver side. I’ll let alignment dial it in though. Pinion angle is back to within 1 degree at ride height. I pre-emptively pushed the axle back a bit for clearance when I jump back to 39’s.
Front will have to wait, got a friend coming by tomorrow morning who needs help swapping out his bushings on his Mustang’s differential.

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 20220529_163319

Rear control arms and track bar done today. It’s a hair off, I shifted it an 1/8” too far to the driver side. I’ll let alignment dial it in though. Pinion angle is back to within 1 degree at ride height. I pre-emptively pushed the axle back a bit for clearance when I jump back to 39’s.
Front will have to wait, got a friend coming by tomorrow morning who needs help swapping out his bushings on his Mustang’s differential.
Did you remount the sway bar back also? Mine makes the slightest contact at full drop as is.
Sponsored