Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I have a '22 2dr Rubicon. I'm looking for a mild lift along with 35s. Really curious as to what you all have done. Pics, pros, and cons.
Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
4 door springs should get you enough to clear. Clayton Offroad also does a 1.5ā€ now.
I think both will need 1ā€ of bumpstop to keep you off your fender liner. Or just chop it. If you chop, Clayton may still need bump to avoid coil bind, but the 4 door springs wonā€™t. The 4 door springs might make your street ride rougher though.
Do you already have wheels? Iā€™m in a sport so my pictures wonā€™t help you much.

LOBBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Manager in Automotive Aftermarket
Currently in the 35s, no lift club. I'm only looking to go up 1-2" which has me torn between a factory based XR takeoff suspension with Mopar LCAs or saving up for the Clayton 1.5" Overland Plus. There's not a ton of options for a "mild lift" when you consider that most all kits are another inch plus over their advertised heights when put on a 2dr.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2dr Rubicon lifts... what say you? PXL_20220519_183759624

Z06Guy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Occupation
V.P. of Sales
2" Synergy springs and Rock Krawler arms on this one (bronze wheels.)

Stock Rubicon with 0.75" spacer (front only for winch) with mopar 1/4" extended arms on with black wheels.

Both have the exact same set of 35" Geolander MT's on them

Jeep Wrangler JL 2dr Rubicon lifts... what say you? PXL_20220423_184538902

Jeep Wrangler JL 2dr Rubicon lifts... what say you? FB_IMG_1624926558029

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
Currently in the 35s, no lift club. I'm only looking to go up 1-2" which has me torn between a factory based XR takeoff suspension with Mopar LCAs or saving up for the Clayton 1.5" Overland Plus.
If you do the XR takeoff suspension, please post what springs you end up with and how much lift.

I've been trying to make some sense of the XR spring combinations... trying to figure out which is the lightest spring set. This is in no way a complete list, but it might help:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2dr Rubicon lifts... what say you? 1653407942176

Sponsored

LOBBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Manager in Automotive Aftermarket
If you do the XR takeoff suspension, please post what springs you end up with and how much lift.

I've been trying to make some sense of the XR spring combinations... trying to figure out which is the lightest spring set. This is in no way a complete list, but it might help:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2dr Rubicon lifts... what say you? 1653407942176
The 189/190 fronts with paired 223 rears is the combination I've been searching for and would order new springs for if I can't find takeoffs. That was the combo for this swap and looks just right to me as he is also a 2dr Rubi like mine.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/extreme-recon-lite-2-door-edition.92936/

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve had the Mopar 2ā€ and KO2 35x12.50ā€™s since new (2019), it articulates well, rides well and has good proportions to it. If anything it looks like it could take a bigger tyre size but then weā€™re into regearing.

FD0D7B09-C487-46F3-82DC-B6A8768B20C9.jpeg

cafecito820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Iā€™ve had the Mopar 2ā€ and KO2 35x12.50ā€™s since new (2019), it articulates well, rides well and has good proportions to it. If anything it looks like it could take a bigger tyre size but then weā€™re into regearing.

FD0D7B09-C487-46F3-82DC-B6A8768B20C9.jpeg
Do you have the Pentastar or the 2L? My wife's 2L has so much pep it's almost jerky with the stock 32s. I have begun questioning if regearing for 37s would *really* be necessary with that engine.

kledzik44

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door
2" Synergy springs and Rock Krawler arms on this one (bronze wheels.)

Stock Rubicon with 0.75" spacer (front only for winch) with mopar 1/4" extended arms on with black wheels.

Both have the exact same set of 35" Geolander MT's on them

Jeep Wrangler JL 2dr Rubicon lifts... what say you? 682FA5C8-7620-4B91-8669-6CFBCE0BF2F9

Jeep Wrangler JL 2dr Rubicon lifts... what say you? 682FA5C8-7620-4B91-8669-6CFBCE0BF2F9
What route did you take to get color matched fenders? Im looking to do the same

Reactions: J0E

Sponsored

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the Pentastar or the 2L? My wife's 2L has so much pep it's almost jerky with the stock 32s. I have begun questioning if regearing for 37s would *really* be necessary with that engine.
I have the 3.6, 8AT.
ā€˜Never drove it stock to compare but feels close to my JKR 6MT on 32ā€™s.

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
I used the Dynatrac 2" springs and their matched Fox shocks, which netted me exactly 2" and got rid of the slight reverse rake I had after adding the super heavy bumper/tire carrier. Added SteerSmarts Yeti track bar, drag link, tie rod, replaced/relocated the steering stabilizer using the Falcon adjustable, MOPAR 2" lift front LCAs, and also a Rancho rear track bar.

I may end up swapping the Rancho for a Yeti since that wasn't available when I put it all together.

The SteerSmarts stuff is rock solid, and IMHO this is an advantage of this approach vs having to compromise on certain components just because they are part of a complete kit. I'd much rather have the Yeti track bars than anything that would have come with another kit.

And before someone says something about how Dynatrac doesn't recommend their lift kit on a 2-door, please don't bother. I don't care. Dynatrac is just covering their asses since they didn't actually test it on a 2-door, but it's just springs and shocks so you decide for yourself.

IMG_0012.jpeg

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I used the Dynatrac 2" springs and their matched Fox shocks, which netted me exactly 2" and got rid of the slight reverse rake I had after adding the super heavy bumper/tire carrier. Added SteerSmarts Yeti track bar, drag link, tie rod, replaced/relocated the steering stabilizer using the Falcon adjustable, MOPAR 2" lift front LCAs, and also a Rancho rear track bar.

I may end up swapping the Rancho for a Yeti since that wasn't available when I put it all together.

The SteerSmarts stuff is rock solid, and IMHO this is an advantage of this approach vs having to compromise on certain components just because they are part of a complete kit. I'd much rather have the Yeti track bars than anything that would have come with another kit.

And before someone says something about how Dynatrac doesn't recommend their lift kit on a 2-door, please don't bother. I don't care. Dynatrac is just covering their asses since they didn't actually test it on a 2-door, but it's just springs and shocks so you decide for yourself.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2dr Rubicon lifts... what say you? IMG_0012
Just springs and shocks engineered and tuned for a 4 door. Glad you are happy with them, itā€™s something I personally wouldnā€™t choose to do. Very nice Jeep.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Just springs and shocks engineered and tuned for a 4 door. Glad you are happy with them, itā€™s something I personally wouldnā€™t choose to do. Very nice Jeep.
So itā€™s tuned for more weight? Beyond that, I canā€™t see what else would be different.

No different then how many brands use the same springs for both 2 and 4 doors, but you get more lift on the 2 door. Clayton being one.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
So itā€™s tuned for more weight? Beyond that, I canā€™t see what else would be different.
The weight balance of a 2-door is likely different (more front heavy?). I don't think it matters though if it sits level.
Sponsored