First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2019 Cherokee Limited
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Fishbone Offroad quarterpanel guards installed today.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? PXL_20220516_233744107
I was strongly considering those, for both paint/body protection, but also thought it might clean up the exposed look in that area.

Have a pic a bit further away?

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Changed my oil today. I used Pennzoil Platinum 5w30. Zero W does no good down here, the 30w is extra protection on 100 degree plus days that we are already getting.

OBD

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl Wrangler ,2016Soul,Dyna,Sportster,HD
Changed my oil today. I used Pennzoil Platinum 5w30. Zero W does no good down here, the 30w is extra protection on 100 degree plus days that we are already getting.
Doing the same next oil change ...

Sponsored

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
XR fender trim extensions installed.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? 1652897500489
You know at first when I saw these XR extensions I thought they were terrible, but now I'm not so sure, so thanks for this shot!

And I wonder if they'll cut down on all the crap that gets thrown at my rear fender flares. Mine are so pitted from all the rocks and stuff

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
You know at first when I saw these XR extensions I thought they were terrible, but now I'm not so sure, so thanks for this shot!

And I wonder if they'll cut down on all the crap that gets thrown at my rear fender flares. Mine are so pitted from all the rocks and stuff
I think they will help with the water spray, but I'm not sure about stones hitting the rear fenders. Mud flaps would work better, or a set of step/sliders that go out further?

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I think they will help with the water spray, but I'm not sure about stones hitting the rear fenders. Mud flaps would work better, or a set of step/sliders that go out further?
I would go with the ARB sliders. Before doing the fender chop, I was going to do the XR extensions. I still think it would be a great combo.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do to your 2dr today? EA6ABA9F-3033-455F-805D-405FDE8CFF8B

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, not a fan of mud flaps. I'd much rather have the pits, thank you ;) This is also why I didn't go with painted fenders. I'll just replace or remove eventually. You're right on the spray I think, will help in the winter. I always have a giant triangle of slushy salt crap on my doors until I can convince myself to go freeze in the self serve car wash to get it off, which happens less often than it should.

I did end up getting the newer Mopar sliders which do stick out a bit more than the original stock ones, so that helped me some.

I would go with the ARB sliders. Before doing the fender chop, I was going to do the XR extensions. I still think it would be a great combo.
Those do look nice đź‘Ť

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Yeah, not a fan of mud flaps. I'd much rather have the pits, thank you ;) This is also why I didn't go with painted fenders. I'll just replace or remove eventually.
:fist bump:

Not a fan of the mud flaps either, but these didn't look too bad so if they help great.

There have been many times that I lament not getting the painted fenders. I think they look great. Just need to put some heavy clear bra on the leading edges. My black fenders have rubbed a number of times though, so touchup paint would be required.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

LOBBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Manager in Automotive Aftermarket
You can't tease us. We need different angles of this thing
Lol, I had every intention on washing her and taking some better pics when I got off work but I forgot I had practice tonight. It's 99.9% stock right now. I've been buying parts since I picked up my JLR about a month and a half ago but with delays and backorders it's gonna be a wild stretch because it looks like a bunch of stuff is going to come in all at once now.
Sponsored