Towing stuff with your 2dr (pics?)

Pink Brit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"GAMORA" Mojito JLR 6-speed manual :)
Occupation
Personal Trainer
You can see my Sylvansport Go in my profile picture, here it is in ‘transport mode’ used for moving furniture to my daughter’s storage unit. I can trailer my bike with it, but have to figure out a good way to get the bike in there by myself. It tilts, but the angle is too steep for me to get my bike in, the tilt is really intended for 4 wheelers.

23A3C60F-69A0-488E-B179-B6953008AED3.jpeg

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
You can see my Sylvansport Go in my profile picture, here it is in ‘transport mode’ used for moving furniture to my daughter’s storage unit. I can trailer my bike with it, but have to figure out a good way to get the bike in there by myself. It tilts, but the angle is too steep for me to get my bike in, the tilt is really intended for 4 wheelers.

Jeep Wrangler JL Towing stuff with your 2dr (pics?) 23A3C60F-69A0-488E-B179-B6953008AED3
Wow that is cool!! I had no idea that existed, just looked it up. You got some wheels turning in my head that is for sure. My wife does NOT thank you haha!

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
For anyone who tows an enclosed trailer. Say 5x8 or 6x10. How’s visibility, with mirrors mostly?

bkgray115

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
For anyone who tows an enclosed trailer. Say 5x8 or 6x10. How’s visibility, with mirrors mostly?
My 16 ft may as well be an enclosed trailer and I can't see shit when driving LOL

Sponsored

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I ordered one of these. The absolute best light weight off road camping trailer available;

https://www.metalian.co.za/products-2/the-genie/
These are pretty cool but very specific. Most people would benefit more from a teardrop or squaredrop trailer, since you can have a cabin which is more comfortable to sleep in for most.

Trailers like the genie are best suited for those who want to go through some really, really tough terrain. Light, nimble, capable.

bkgray115

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
How much narrower do you think you need to be for the mirrors to be useful?
I have no idea, I have looked at strap on mirrors But I am thinking of adding wireless back up cams so I can see everything.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I have no idea, I have looked at strap on mirrors But I am thinking of adding wireless back up cams so I can see everything.
I’m looking at possibly buying a 5x8 or 6x10 enclosed trailer next week and was just something I was wondering. I’m leaning towards the 5x8, I feel the Jeep will tow it better. 6x10 has a nicer color silver/charcoal and the extra could be nicer. The 5x8 is almost firecracker red, I could live with it. Would prefer a bit darker to match the wheels.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I am gonna be pulling one of these in two months:

Jeep Wrangler JL Towing stuff with your 2dr (pics?) hqdefault

1,000lbs dry weight.
Probably around 1,300 loaded.
Made by order by Hiker Trailer.

My build cost me only about 10.5k. Very basic though. 5x8, roadshower, 3 roof rack bars, maxxfan, rear galley with shelves, articulating hitch, 2 inch lift, 12V electrical plug for portable battery (jackery), 2 doors, 2 windows with screens, e-brakes, 11lb gas tank and mount. Thats about it. I like basic stuff and upgrade as needed. I probably have all I need there to be honest. All I need is a real mattress and solid walls to sleep like a baby. I dont mind shitting outside.

This thing is gonna be my base camp. It'll get me through fire roads and such, set up camp and then hit the real trails without the stress of towing.

bkgray115

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I’m looking at possibly buying a 5x8 or 6x10 enclosed trailer next week and was just something I was wondering. I’m leaning towards the 5x8, I feel the Jeep will tow it better. 6x10 has a nicer color silver/charcoal and the extra could be nicer. The 5x8 is almost firecracker red, I could live with it. Would prefer a bit darker to match the wheels.
I have a 6x10 aluma tilt and the rovelite camper, I can pull 2400 lbs on the small one better then the camper that only hit 1900 lbs. I think it is the wind drag. Just like our mpg dropping 5mpg on windy days. I never noticed this in my 14 JKU Sahara so maybe it's also a Rubicon issue.
Sponsored