bkgray115

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed the MOPAR OEM brake controller last night. Not a bad job BUT mounting the control box up under the dash and bolting it in is a curse if your a big guy with big hands. I could only get one hand in there and did it all by feel. There’s no way to get my hand and face in line at the same time. I do have the tow package.
I haven’t used it yet. I like going with factory controllers because they properly and perfectly proportion the electrical current with the actual brake line pressure from your foot on the brake peddle. No jerky braking action from a pendulum inertia swinging activation.
E9943666-E2E8-46E8-B83A-29AE95885369.jpeg
They were back ordered for months when I looked so I went with one that I can use on any tow rig. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JQ99SDD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored

BUSHRVN

First Name
MONTE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRANGLER JLU SAHARA HIGH ALTITUDE 3.0
They were back ordered for months when I looked so I went with one that I can use on any tow rig. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JQ99SDD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Yea, I ordered mine at the dealer at the end of November and got it mid January. Note that Northridge, at least on the Canadian site, has them listed for $400.00 and the dealer wanted $485! I talked the dealer down to match. So Northridge can and does sell them cheaper.

BUSHRVN

First Name
MONTE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRANGLER JLU SAHARA HIGH ALTITUDE 3.0

bkgray115

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Just checked your link, I honestly didn't even know something like that existed!
Learn something new everyday I guess.
I used it a few times so far 5? and it works great but it uses your phone so you need to have a phone mount and I have had music streaming during use and didn't have any problems.

Sponsored

OP
OP
dragoneggs

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

What sort of gas milage do you get pulling that RV around?
Probably not great... but what is your point? Most towing vehicles are not high MPG. Nature of the beast. To me... all about doing various activities with what you got.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Probably not great... but what is your point? Most towing vehicles are not high MPG. Nature of the beast. To me... all about doing various activities with what you got.
It’s a reasonable question with useful informatio… I looked at that RV, but 100-120 mile useful range would be annoying to me.

OP
OP
dragoneggs

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

It’s a reasonable question with useful informatio… I looked at that RV, but 100-120 mile useful range would be annoying to me.
Yeah, now you get into carrying extra fuel like overlanders do. I do wish the tank was bigger, especially on the 2dr models.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Yeah, now you get into carrying extra fuel like overlanders do. I do wish the tank was bigger, especially on the 2dr models.
Anywhere I would take that, I wouldn’t carry extra fuel externally other then for the generator. I wouldn’t be somewhere with that I couldn’t pull into a station, just be annoying to do it every couple of hours.

But I do wish I had more fuel internally. I thought about putting one on the drivers side of the drive shaft and plumbed into the main tank. Much like the Long Range America AUX tank for the JLU.

Sponsored

Tab

First Name
Tab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport s
I just installed the MOPAR OEM brake controller last night. Not a bad job BUT mounting the control box up under the dash and bolting it in is a curse if your a big guy with big hands. I could only get one hand in there and did it all by feel. There’s no way to get my hand and face in line at the same time. I do have the tow package.
I haven’t used it yet. I like going with factory controllers because they properly and perfectly proportion the electrical current with the actual brake line pressure from your foot on the brake peddle. No jerky braking action from a pendulum inertia swinging activation.
E9943666-E2E8-46E8-B83A-29AE95885369.jpeg
That looks awesome!

OP
OP
dragoneggs

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Anywhere I would take that, I wouldn’t carry extra fuel externally other then for the generator. I wouldn’t be somewhere with that I couldn’t pull into a station, just be annoying to do it every couple of hours.

But I do wish I had more fuel internally. I thought about putting one on the drivers side of the drive shaft and plumbed into the main tank. Much like the Long Range America AUX tank for the JLU.
Catching back up with this thread. Is there an integrated aux fuel tank mod out there somewhere?

uralist

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR - Sarge Green
I tow this around a few times a year with a 6speed on 34s. The jeep pulls it just fine on hills as long as I keep the rpm above 2100 or so and a bit more on really steep grades. Trailer weight approx 450, Sidecar weight around 750.

6DCE7199-6F70-43D5-AE61-379054899D11.jpeg