Sponsored

v6 or 392 help me pick

Jackubau2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK 2015 Rubicon
Hi all,

I am excited to put an order in for a JL with the XRecon package, but could use some help on if I should go with a v6 or all out with the 392.

The 392 is awesome, but I really don't need all the power. I have never been heavy on the pedal kind of driver.

Does the 392 bring any other advantages in regards of -
Axels
Coils
Shocks
Taller lift height
Anything else you know of?
Sponsored

Overland Utah

First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all,

I am excited to put an order in for a JL with the XRecon package, but could use some help on if I should go with a v6 or all out with the 392.

The 392 is awesome, but I really don't need all the power. I have never been heavy on the pedal kind of driver.

Axels
Coils
Shocks
Taller lift height
You can get an XR package in a regular Rubicon and 392, which adds lift, wheels, and tires from the factory.

It really comes down to if you want to spend 15k more for the high horsepower engine which most people wouldn't justify because it's not practical. But who needs practical when you can have fun? :giggle:

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
You can get an XR package in a regular Rubicon and 392, which adds lift, wheels, and tires from the factory.

It really comes down to if you want to spend 15k more for the high horsepower engine which most people wouldn't justify because it's not practical. But who needs practical when you can have fun? :giggle:
The practical all you need mindset is incapable of understanding the enjoyment we get from fast, powerful, overbuilt, unique vehicles. I know this because my father was one to the extreme of adapting a 2 barrel carb onto his 454 Chevy PU because “ it’s all it needs and saves gas “ Hated my 69 GTX and thought my cousin was a fool for spending his money and time on his race car.

Sponsored

392Stinger

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 392, 2021 Tahoe
Hi all,

Axels
Coils
Shocks
Taller lift height
Depends on your vehicle purpose. Daily vs occasional and lots of off roading is your passion.
if budget is no concern, 392 is and was my only choice. Any of the models are good but only you can decide based on your needs.Good luck with whatever you decide.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Hi all,

Axels
Coils
Shocks
Taller lift height
None. This vehicle on paper makes no sense. That's what's beautiful about it.

The only thing I could think of as others have pointed out is resale value, but you will probably lose most of that to taxes and fuel cost differential anyway, but the gap in fuel difference closes as you weigh down that 3.6 more.

I also have a feeling we'll be seeing new FCA powertrains in '24, but I wouldn't want the first year anyway.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
My gut says that 392 will be highly desirable and valuable in the future, especially if they discontinue production.
With 23 the announced last year for SRT V8’s for Challenger and Charger, already discontinued for GC continuing to produce the 392 for low production Grand Wagoners and Rubicon’s is highly unlikely!

Sponsored

MRMDFY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadowbanned and taking the bus
Manual transmission is the only reason to buy the V6. Everything else about it is a compromise.

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
I'm saying this as a non-truck guy, liberal, urban living import buyer who likes electric vehicles and turbos... get the 392.

My brother has a couple of AMGs (6.2L V8) and the looks he gets from unsuspecting people when he fires them up.

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
The 392XR is like an AWD 392 Charger…that can also rock crawl and do way more than most people are comfortable with off road. And you can ditch the doors/roof for more shenanigans. Most fun vehicle I’ve ever driven. I’m getting ~10-12mpg and I haven’t tossed the 37s on yet. So yeah, it’s 100% worth it.

*Volume up*
Sponsored