Sponsored

lifetime or 7/100 warranty-help me decide.

RMC

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JKU, 2016 JKU Rubicon, 1973 FJ40
I was quoited.....with $200 deductible....for MOPAR Lifetime maintenance contracts for my 2018 JLUR:

Lifetime Powertrain Care - $1490
Lifetime added Care Plus - $1990
Lifetime Maximum Care - $2845

Quotes from here: www.ChryslerFactoryPlans.com
Sponsored

jeep364

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 WK
I was quoited.....with $200 deductible....for MOPAR Lifetime maintenance contracts for my 2018 JLUR:

Lifetime Powertrain Care - $1490
Lifetime added Care Plus - $1990
Lifetime Maximum Care - $2845

Quotes from here: www.ChryslerFactoryPlans.com
Does anyone know if the lifetime is still available? I heard rumors on here that it was to be discontinued 30 NOV and can't seem to find anything greater than 8/125k on that site?

Just saw this:

Even though New Lifetime Maximum Care Plans are not available beginning December 1, 2018, Lifetime contracts currently in effect before that date will be honored throughout the lifetime of your vehicle to the original purchaser(s) at any authorized Mopar dealership.

Definitely a shame, but I understand when they're the only automaker offering that plan how things change...

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
If you already own your 2018-19, you might have a chance. My Mon just got this letter from Mopar. The only thing edited was last name, address and ID#.
You might give them a call and see if you can get it from them. BIG MAYBE .
I know you can't get it any longer from internet or local dealers.

Mopar letter.jpg

Attachments

trail_runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Forester XT Touring, 2019 Granite Crystal Metallic JLUR
Does anyone know if the lifetime is still available? I heard rumors on here that it was to be discontinued 30 NOV and can't seem to find anything greater than 8/125k on that site?

Just saw this:

Even though New Lifetime Maximum Care Plans are not available beginning December 1, 2018, Lifetime contracts currently in effect before that date will be honored throughout the lifetime of your vehicle to the original purchaser(s) at any authorized Mopar dealership.

Definitely a shame, but I understand when they're the only automaker offering that plan how things change...
I just finally picked up my JLUR (ordered in September) Friday (Nov 30th). I had chosen to get the Lifetime Warranty. My dealer showed me an email that stated that the Lifetime Warranty would no longer be offered after Nov 30th. I'm glad I made the deadline!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Just saw this:

My dealer told me lifetime is no longer available. We studied car warranties in the MBA program and they are determined by accountants and marketing people. Luxury cars have longer warranties to convey premium parts, companies with perceived poor quality (Hyundai/Kia) have longer standard warranties to indicate they have improved quality, warranties lengths can change for the same brand based on customer perceptions, and as cars get tons more computers, displays, radars, sensors, and other electronics plus battery packs in electric cars they will all eventually fail on all vehicles so lifetime warranties are probably a thing of the past. Extended warranties are based on most vehicles not having major problems within the warranty timeframe so most people will not pay as much in repairs as the cost of the warranty otherwise they would have to charge the same as the cost of the car. But if you are one of the minority that has a major repair they can seem very inexpensive. Just like life insurance, the policy gets more expensive as you get older because eveyone eventually dies.

Sponsored

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
I took a gamble this time and didn't buy any extended warranty. All I can suggest to the OP is read the fine print and look for deductibles, limits, and exclusions. Those warranties work differently than the factory warranty. Who offers these extended warranties anyhow? It not Jeep directly but a 3rd party most likely. They work like insurance companies in a way.
I believe the warranty most people are talking about here are Chrysler extended warranties that are good at any Jeep service center. I believe the Lifetime warranty was dropped as of 12/1. So 8 years / 125,000 miles is the max

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
I just finally picked up my JLUR (ordered in September) Friday (Nov 30th). I had chosen to get the Lifetime Warranty. My dealer showed me an email that stated that the Lifetime Warranty would no longer be offered after Nov 30th. I'm glad I made the deadline!
Maybe that's why they have been completing so few 2.0L's. Now that the lifetime warranty is not offered the pace seems to be picking up :)