Sponsored

Using a Rubicon as a daily driver

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I did not, local dealers have been playing too many games and I can't afford to get worked up over this. I've been talking to Chriswell and transport companies, but now that the snow birds are flocking down...rates have gone up. Almost totally wipes out any under invoice savings.
I really think Criswell is a game changer if they sell them the way they sell Corvettes on the Corvette forum. Maybe make a adventure out of it. Order from Criswell and put it on the train. Or drive it home through the Carolinas.
Sponsored

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
I really think Criswell is a game changer if they sell them the way they sell Corvettes on the Corvette forum. Maybe make a adventure out of it. Order from Criswell and put it on the train. Or drive it home through the Carolinas.
I wish I could, but my health yields me incapable at the moment. Transport is the only way...or pay someone their flight to go get it.

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2ā€ stage 2 Icon lift 37ā€ Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20ā€ Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
Thatā€™s exactly what I thought, I tried the coupe at the dealer. Even though the top was transparent, I felt like I was driving a tiny rocket. The sales guy had to sit in an angle because of the curve the center console/dash has. The convertible does look a lot more comfortable but since Iā€™m in miami I figured Iā€™d have to drop the top the whole time and Iā€™d suffer that humid heat.

I also donā€™t want to be like all the other guys my age that I see all the time. Driving convertible corvettes with 24 year old girlfriends hahaha
Exactly...I will driving my 19 Rubicon with my 23 yr old girlfriend. #winning

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Hey guys,

I plan on ordering a 2019 Rubicon in a few months, and also plan on using it as a daily driver...

I do understand that Rubicon is made for off-roading, but do you guys think I can purchase "less" rugged tires and swap my Rubi tires out with them?
My Rubicon is my DD, had her built with every option with no plans to go off-road. I got the Rubicon because she looks cool! :rock: The back seat is a little bumpy but the front is fine. No regrets here...most enjoyable purchase Iā€™ve ever made!!!! :turkey:

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
Thanks for all your input, haha cause I was ready to blow 1k on new tires for comfort purposes...

But if ya'll all claim its going to drive just fine, then I guess nothing to worry about.

(Yes, i'll be one of those driving this car for pure looks, alpha, and aesthetics -- and dont plan to take it off road, hell i live in NYC)
If your going to spend this kind of money donā€™t try and second guess anything about what your buying. Test drive both the Rubicon and Sahara. You may discover you donā€™t want a Jeep Wrangler at all. Iā€™m not being negative, Iā€™m also a first time Wrangler buyer, a 2018 JLUR, and itā€™s a fun vehicle but itā€™s not a typical SUV, much more of a truck. Nothing beats a test drive to get to the real experience. Then if your still hot for the Rubicon, go for it.

Sponsored

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I have one as a daily and awesome... bfg ko2's are an amazing tire. Have you test drive one yet? If not, do so..you'll be pleasantly surprised trust me.

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
My Rubicon is my DD, had her built with every option with no plans to go off-road. I got the Rubicon because she looks cool! :rock: The back seat is a little bumpy but the front is fine. No regrets here...most enjoyable purchase Iā€™ve ever made!!!! :turkey:
Did the same....FEEL THE SAME!!!

Best Jeep I've ever owned on all fronts. I'm 37 and feel like a kid again. Very gratifying purchase!

AJZ

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
My DDvas well.. no regrets at all. A lot of compliments too which is cool.

458STEEL

First Name
FRANK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL -Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
My DD on 37's doing the jeep drift all the way to work
I Keep thinking a cop will pull me over for drunk driving "no sir its a jeep"
24A9E3A3-B3EB-4E10-87E0-D4F92CEFEAC2.jpeg

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
That looks awesome - not a standard color?

Sponsored

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Did the same....FEEL THE SAME!!!

Best Jeep I've ever owned on all fronts. I'm 37 and feel like a kid again. Very gratifying purchase!
Your Jeep is my twin minus the red top, :fist bump: had to get the black for contrast. Iā€™m 54 and this my first Jeep....like...where the hell have I been :whatsgoingon::whatsgoingon::whatsgoingon:

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
If your going to spend this kind of money donā€™t try and second guess anything about what your buying. Test drive both the Rubicon and Sahara. You may discover you donā€™t want a Jeep Wrangler at all. Iā€™m not being negative, Iā€™m also a first time Wrangler buyer, a 2018 JLUR, and itā€™s a fun vehicle but itā€™s not a typical SUV, much more of a truck. Nothing beats a test drive to get to the real experience. Then if your still hot for the Rubicon, go for it.
Get the RUBICON...you will love it!!

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
My DD on 37's doing the jeep drift all the way to work
I Keep thinking a cop will pull me over for drunk driving "no sir its a jeep"
24A9E3A3-B3EB-4E10-87E0-D4F92CEFEAC2.jpeg
Which is exactly why I went 35's instead of 37's...your Jeep def looks badass though!! Kinda lift you have?...mopar suspension or spacer lift??