OP
NCJL

NCJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Further clarification is needed.
The water tank in the trailer I purchased was a 42 gallon tank pushed to the passenger side by at least 6” inches not 4mm. No baffles.
I had a 36 gallon water tank made with baffles. I installed the new tank centered between the rails, side to side.
Sponsored

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 VW Golf R, 2016 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT, 2015 KTM 500EXC
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, what an experience. Thank you so much for documenting and posting all of this. You made our trailer choice a lot easier between the TB, the Off Grid Switchback, and the Patriot. Decided to go with a Patriot X1N. Will be picking it up later this Fall. The Aussies seem to have this trailer stuff down, so hoping for an ownership experience less fraught than your own!

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, what an experience. Thank you so much for documenting and posting all of this. You made our trailer choice a lot easier between the TB, the Off Grid Switchback, and the Patriot. Decided to go with a Patriot X1N. Will be picking it up later this Fall. The Aussies seem to have this trailer stuff down, so hoping for an ownership experience less fraught than your own!
Yea it seems down under they’ve been doing the whole overland thing for a couple decades before it really started to catch on over here in the states.
Congrats on the trailer purchase and post up pics of that Patriot once you get it. I’ve never seen one in person but they look like they are a well thought out and solid product.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Honestly, maybe all of these problems exist, but I have not had one issue with my Getaway since picking it up in September 2021. I love the dual lithium setup.

My gut tells me the OP is highly intelligent (not being sarcastic) and could probably find critical issues on both Patriot and Off-Grid Switchback trailers.

OP, if I ever make a product (I own a service-based company right now) I am sending it to you first for beta testing!

Last edited:

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Great write-up, but so sorry you had all these issues. I researched trailers for 2 years before selecting the Off Grid Expedition 2.0. The thing I really like about OGT is they monitor the Facebook group page and as customers mention improvements they made, they will incorporate them. As @alksion mentions nobody will build a perfect anything, but what you went through is beyond reasonable for 99% of owners. Good luck and I am glad you have improved the trailer so much on your own. My trailer is 2700 lbs fully loaded with 31 gallons of water and all supplies. My JLUR 3.6 with 6-speed pulls it great. I have over 30 nights of camping planned in 2021. Get out and enjoy the Jeep and trailer.

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Great write-up, but so sorry you had all these issues. I researched trailers for 2 years before selecting the Off Grid Expedition 2.0. The thing I really like about OGT is they monitor the Facebook group page and as customers mention improvements they made, they will incorporate them. As @alksion mentions nobody will build a perfect anything, but what you went through is beyond reasonable for 99% of owners. Good luck and I am glad you have improved the trailer so much on your own. My trailer is 2700 lbs fully loaded with 31 gallons of water and all supplies. My JLUR 3.6 with 6-speed pulls it great. I have over 30 nights of camping planned in 2021. Get out and enjoy the Jeep and trailer.
As I’ve mentioned, I have not a single issue and I taken-off pretty fast from red lights with my 392 plus towing it all over SoCal trails.

But really I don’t care what people choose. I have no brand loyalty nor does really matter to me.

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s mine.

C716F1EA-466A-4712-8A53-88708A64B3DB.jpeg

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Here’s mine.

Jeep Wrangler JL TurtleBack Expedition purchasing experience/review C716F1EA-466A-4712-8A53-88708A64B3DB
Are you in the Off Grid Trailer Facebook page? I could swear I have seen that image before. How does the 2-door pull the Expo?

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Are you in the Off Grid Trailer Facebook page? I could swear I have seen that image before. How does the 2-door pull the Expo?
No on Facebook. OffGridTrailer uses my photo sometimes. My JLR pulls ok low altitude and flat. Added overload bump stops. Happy so far.

OP
OP
NCJL

NCJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon