TazerJL Feature Requests

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
I would love to have a physical "pause" button for the radio.
Sometimes I want to pause a song/podcast so that I can talk to someone in the car without having to scream, but it's not always easy to take one hand off the wheel, look at the screen, and try to tap the small pause button.
The two round buttons between the volume up/down buttons and between the next/previous buttons on the back of the steering wheel would be great candidates.
Additionally, if the front passenger wanted to pause, it would be great to have a second option in the HVAC control, like the Mute, Screen off, or Browse button.
These are great ideas. Did you add them to the request list?
Sponsored

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
Thanks! How do I do it? 😊
Link is on the very first post of this thread. Quoted below.

After discussing very briefly with @joe@zauto in another thread, it sounds like the ZAuto team is open to feature requests from the community.

Of course, there is no guarantee that a feature is doable or will be delivered - but kudos to the TazerJL team for being open to hearing our requests!

As a first beta run, please use the following link to submit requests. Note - you can "upvote" existing requests to help the TazerJL team see the "demand" for different features. The goal is to help the TazerJL team understand which requests are most popular (without having to read through pages and pages of a thread and keep a tally sheet of each time a person requests a feature.

We'll start out with the below tool (because it's free!) and can adapt as needed. Feel free to submit new feature requests!

CLICK HERE - Feature Request/Voting for TazerJL

Come2elmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chev 2500 HD, 16 Chevy Burb
I would love to have a physical "pause" button for the radio.
Sometimes I want to pause a song/podcast so that I can talk to someone in the car without having to scream, but it's not always easy to take one hand off the wheel, look at the screen, and try to tap the small pause button.
The two round buttons between the volume up/down buttons and between the next/previous buttons on the back of the steering wheel would be great candidates.
Additionally, if the front passenger wanted to pause, it would be great to have a second option in the HVAC control, like the Mute, Screen off, or Browse button.
when I hit the physical mute button on the dash my CarPlay song or podcast will automatically pause.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
when I hit the physical mute button on the dash my CarPlay song or podcast will automatically pause.
Mine just mutes. Is there a setting that allowed you to enable the mute button as a pause button?

Come2elmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chev 2500 HD, 16 Chevy Burb
Mine just mutes. Is there a setting that allowed you to enable the mute button as a pause button?
I dont recall changing anything and I just verified it does it on apple podcasts, Amazon music, and spotify. Maybe app dependent?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I dont recall changing anything and I just verified it does it on apple podcasts, Amazon music, and spotify. Maybe app dependent?
I was in the Jeep when I read the post and tried it streaming Apple Music from my phone. I’ll give it a try with other sources. I get also get mute only when listening to XM.

johnbyron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S
I tried today and I can confirm that the Mute button behaves as a Pause button with Android Auto. Nice!

BMB

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Sorry if this is already covered, but has anyone requested the turn cam to only activate for lane change slight press of turn signal and not activate for full continuous use of turn signals? I love it for lane changes but don’t like the camera covering my screen when I’m sitting at a red light about to make a turn.

Sponsored

BMB

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Yes I see the posts- I’ll add what I can but there are some good ideas in there. Keep them coming ;)
I’m working with a Sport S. I have added All mopar led lights. Is it possible to set my tazer DRL Location to BOTH dedicated and tail? The factory DRL behavior does not include the led tail light ring and I would like for this to turn on with the other dedicated DRLs.

ColtSeevers

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl
Just added a request to enable the older dual dimmer style switch in the new 2023 MY that come with a single. I don't like the lights at my feet but I do like my dash lights. I don't want to just unplug the light module under the dash as you would also loose the brighter entry light. The wires at the switch module are the same on my 2023 392 as the wires on my 2020 rubicon. The new switch is missing 1 pin compared to the old switch. I can plug in a switch with dual dimmers but the footwell ambient lights still run on the dash light dimmer. Looking at wiring diagrams found on this forum I see a difference in export vs non export where the switch mux connects to the BCM so not positive its an option in the BCM but hoping it is possible....

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Auxiliary light show.
Submitted a request to allow your auxiliary lighting to participate in the light show when using the factory AUX switches.

Extremneon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
I am installing aftermarket PRP seats in my Jeep and curious if my Tazer can turn off the airbag lights.

this is an off-road vehicle only option of course and disclaimer of no liability on the company for the option.

Jeep Wrangler JL TazerJL Feature Requests D1E8FD40-CAC9-48E6-AE5E-6F46F7375711
Sponsored