Sponsored

TazerJL Feature Requests

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Here's one for you Joe. When flat towing a JL or JT with LED tail lights the battery can go dead from the third wire on the tail light waking up the Jeep every time a light is activated by the motorhome. Could you do something along the lines of do not wake up if key fob is not present or do not wake up if Jeep is locked??? This would save splicing into the harness with a switch.
Did you use the Cooltech wiring kit? I just finished wiring my JLUR up with that kit. I did not double check to see if it still causes the same problem. Either way, I also installed the RVi battery charger that wires right up to the 6 pin and keeps the battery charged up.
Sponsored

RonAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I plan to install the Cool Tech kit. It would be nice if Joe could do this for everyone that bought his Tazer. I do think that Jeep should do something though. I bought the Mopar kit which causes your battery to be depleted. This should be a defective product unless it includes a software patch to keep this from happening. Perhaps I should contact "Jeep Cares". Haha. All kits will allow this to happen if you don't use a charger or the extra Cool Tech kit.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Did you use the Cooltech wiring kit? I just finished wiring my JLUR up with that kit. I did not double check to see if it still causes the same problem. Either way, I also installed the RVi battery charger that wires right up to the 6 pin and keeps the battery charged up.
Same. No issues, yet.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

What about a fix for the grinding noise in 4lo? As you can see from the attached link, there are a ton of us with the issue. I found out today that Tazer will fix it if you hold down the traction control key for 5 seconds, however, then you have all the nanny lights lit up on your dash the entire time you are on the trail. Is there a way to just turn it off without lighting up the warning lights on the dash?

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ers-side-offroading.60511/page-2#post-1396569

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
1. Ability to set the number of times lane change indicator flashes (3-6)
2. Ability to adjust interior lights somewhere between bright enough to signal the ISS and dark enough for a drive by as it is currently

Sponsored

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
My HVAC system would randomly blow warm air like others have reported so after reading here and checking I dropped the glove box and found the connector that goes to the damper control motor and disconnected it and now it does not randomly open letting in warm outside air, apparently it’s by FCA design to do this so fresh air can be brought into the cabin area.
They finally gave in on all the complaints. There's a TSB which covers it, supposed to be a module that gets reprogrammed with the fix.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
They finally gave in on all the complaints. There's a TSB which covers it, supposed to be a module that gets reprogrammed with the fix.
Not to derail this thread (@joe@zauto doesn’t seem particularly heavily engaged with it anyway) but I’ve had this issue allegedly repaired 3 times now at the dealership and it still does it. In the future I’ll just press the recirculate button when it happens about once an hour as this is said to correct it.

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the number of the TSB? Thank you :like:

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
Do you have the number of the TSB? Thank you :like:
I believe it is this:
TSB 24-006-19 - HVAC System Update - Intermittent blast of warm air

If you take it in for service, be sure to mention the exact symptom(s) listed in the bulletin, and then go ahead and reference the TSB (or show them a printed copy... preferably of the original, if you can Google it) if you want to make sure that the fix (a flash update) doesn't get overlooked.

Hope this helps, and if it does, let me know, okay?

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
Not to derail this thread (@joe@zauto doesn’t seem particularly heavily engaged with it anyway) but I’ve had this issue allegedly repaired 3 times now at the dealership and it still does it. In the future I’ll just press the recirculate button when it happens about once an hour as this is said to correct it.
My suggestion: engage @JeepCares with a private message. If the fixes aren't working, they can look to see if you've been applied the right fixes. If so, they'll then Jeep (corporate) will know that they've got some more work to do here if they're going to squash the problem (which they obvious seem inclined to do).

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
I believe it is this:
TSB 24-006-19 - HVAC System Update - Intermittent blast of warm air

If you take it in for service, be sure to mention the exact symptom(s) listed in the bulletin, and then go ahead and reference the TSB (or show them a printed copy... preferably of the original, if you can Google it) if you want to make sure that the fix (a flash update) doesn't get overlooked.

Hope this helps, and if it does, let me know, okay?
If I have an interesting sequel, of course I will publish it here. But my experience is so bad (catastrophic) with Jeep from my country and the dealer that I have no confidence in their work and competence anymore. So I will approach this problem very slowly to be sure to have a correct answer and without, for once, having to do it with the help of a lawyer as for my steering box problem and the famous front axle problem... I am already discouraged

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

johnbyron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S
I would love to have a physical "pause" button for the radio.
Sometimes I want to pause a song/podcast so that I can talk to someone in the car without having to scream, but it's not always easy to take one hand off the wheel, look at the screen, and try to tap the small pause button.
The two round buttons between the volume up/down buttons and between the next/previous buttons on the back of the steering wheel would be great candidates.
Additionally, if the front passenger wanted to pause, it would be great to have a second option in the HVAC control, like the Mute, Screen off, or Browse button.