Hibypass

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
It isn’t a big deal. New firmware is on the tazer. Just plug it back in and all is good.
Sponsored

tr0gd0r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Anyone notice with the Tazer that the menu text is fighting with the audio text? It makes it difficult to read. Sometimes the menus will disappear and the song title will appear. It will also sometimes mix the Tazer menu text with the song name and it becomes impossible to read.

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone notice with the Tazer that the menu text is fighting with the audio text? It makes it difficult to read. Sometimes the menus will disappear and the song title will appear. It will also sometimes mix the Tazer menu text with the song name and it becomes impossible to read.
Not here.

tr0gd0r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
You can see it at 7:45 in this video

It switches from "LightShow?" to "LightSOFF?" to "MUShtShow?" to "LightShow?" to "LigiC how?"

It appears the Jeep is fighting between showing "MUSIC OFF" and "LightShow?" on the EVIC. Wondering if there are any updates to correct this. Its very annoying to use.

Sponsored

Tjbrlecic1

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
I cannot day enough nice things about the folks from Z Automotive Technologies. I installed my Tazer today and ran into a problem getting the AUX switches working. After looking at some post I decided to check all the connections I made. When making the checks I discounted the passenger side door. When I went to start the Jeep it went into a complete system meltdown. Every error code known to man made its presence known. I sent a message to Z Automotive. The response was very quick and I was given many possible remedies to get past the issue. We decided to call it a night around 9:45 pm. As I started putting the Jeep back together I saw what the door disconnected. I plugged it in and the Jeep became happy.
The problem with the AUX switches was a missing fuse. The KISS principle should have applied tonight. I would have been done by 6pm Eastern Time rather than 10pm. Live and learn.

Last edited:

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just got my Tazer JL the other day (I didn't realize the "Mini" was the more recent version, I guess Mini to me = maybe it's missing something I might eventually need). It was kind of a rush buy because I bought a front camera and then realized I needed a programmer for it to work.

First thing I did was push the 1.11.0 firmware to it via the app, I was hesitant because that version was out but he sent me 11.9.0 so I wasn't sure how production ready the new one was but figured I'd give it a whirl. Everything looked to install fine, I did manually install it (through the app, just don't have internet right now) so I installed it to the Jeep and followed the marrying process, but I realized in the middle of it it was saying the firmware was 11.9.0 the entire time. I haven't had any issues so far albeit I'm not doing much with it.

Is there an issue with the firmware version showing wrong at all, or should I unmarry it and go through the process again?

Turn cam is f'ing awesome. I've had a couple glitches with AA but nothing that would make me stop using it like I've read in here for older versions.

I'll be straight up and say that I really don't like programmers like this where you use OEM buttons to control things, I had a lot of programmers like this when I used to build BMWs (Berger Juiceboxes). It still bugs me a bit but it's nowhere near as scary as the stuff in my Berger was. The tuners I've used in the past usually didn't echo anything out to you other than affirmation that you did something. I always had to dig out my manual from the glovebox and see what the settings I wanted were. I was scared of hitting the magic code on my steering wheel and accidentally putting the car in some limp mode or something. I remember my Berger didn't tell me what the CURRENT setting was so if I modified something I'd have to write down what I was changing. I hated it. I was always afraid I'd accidentally max my boost out and blow my engine or something. This is way better so far. I really don't think I'd be willing to pay another $100+ for a controller w/an LCD. So if you're nervous about that this systems way easier to work with than I was expecting.

Last edited:

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase
Morning all, I'm picking up my new JLU tomorrow and I already have so many things to install and I was Looking to grab a Tazer Mini for help with tire size & TPMS adjustments. I also like some of the other things you can do but after reading this Thread I'm now on the fence and I am thinking I may just have the dealer make those adjustments for me. The biggest thing to me is the Jeep is a second toy for the wife and I and I don't want to have any issues especially when she may be driving it. Thanks in advance for your input - TJ

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Morning all, I'm picking up my new JLU tomorrow and I already have so many things to install and I was Looking to grab a Tazer Mini for help with tire size & TPMS adjustments. I also like some of the other things you can do but after reading this Thread I'm now on the fence and I am thinking I may just have the dealer make those adjustments for me. The biggest thing to me is the Jeep is a second toy for the wife and I and I don't want to have any issues especially when she may be driving it. Thanks in advance for your input - TJ
You can set the TPMS and tire size then remove the tazer. Only time you need to reattach is to unmarry when going to see the dealer. I don't leave mine plugged in or use the "live" features.

gsxr310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I've had my Tazer Mini since Jan'19 and haven't had any problems.

Sponsored

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have a few questions about the tazer which maybe you guys can answer for me.

If I want to kill ess do I need the module left plugged in? Also for the rubicon, to have the sway bar and lockers essentially on demand without the factory restrictions of 4wd,etc do I need the tazer left plugged in as well? Sorry if this is repetitive but from what I read I couldn't get a clear answer.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I have a few questions about the tazer which maybe you guys can answer for me.

If I want to kill ess do I need the module left plugged in? Also for the rubicon, to have the sway bar and lockers essentially on demand without the factory restrictions of 4wd,etc do I need the tazer left plugged in as well? Sorry if this is repetitive but from what I read I couldn't get a clear answer.
Yes to all 3 questions.

Dave91gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1998 TJ Sahara 4” Zone lift

mlebofsky

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD
I have a Tazer JL Lite and am on the latest firmware as of 5/16/2019. I can't get autopark to turn off. I can't toggle it from off to on. It says OFF, but when you open the door in gear, the jeep auto parks. Any others have this issue?
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.