Status
Not open for further replies.

jdog09

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S (Sporticon ;-))

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if this has been posted, but for those of you with a 6spd that experience issues with the Start/Stop error messages after upgrading tire sizes or changing gear ratios I found the procedure below fixed my issues. I had this issue when I went to 40's, but shortly after I must have disconnected my batteries for unrelated work and it reset the ESS. Recently I changed my gear ratio and the error came back. Browsing the forums I found the procedure below which apparently just applies to JL's with the manual transmission.

I apologize if this has already been covered.
ESS reset.jpg

DezertTitan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Railroader
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve tried googlin & forum searching but I haven’t found an answer yet. About to find out the hard way lol. Bought a new Rubicon in Vegas. Went to the DMV to register it here in Cali today. Kinda forgot about the “needs to be smogged” part. So I’m heading to a smog shop now.

Do I need to unmarry & uninstall the bypass module under the dash prior to visiting the smog shop or can I just remove the ODBII portion so they can access it?

Thanks in advance!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@DezertTitan

In this instance, you don't need to unmarry but you should remove the Tazer JL companion gateway bypass module (reconnect the two connections) and remove the Tazer JL from the OBDll port.

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU MOAB
Vehicle Showcase
I have my first service tomorrow so I just went and unmarried the tazer JL mini (selected unmarry, let it reboot, did two full cycles), unplugged it and plugged the other cables back in. My question is, my "cargo cam"/front camera still worked.... Did something not restore? Does that stay once changed? Thanks in advance!

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I have my first service tomorrow so I just went and unmarried the tazer JL mini (selected unmarry, let it reboot, did two full cycles), unplugged it and plugged the other cables back in. My question is, my "cargo cam"/front camera still worked.... Did something not restore? Does that stay once changed? Thanks in advance!
@robd1438

I'm hesitant to post after some piece of chitt, here the other day... ahhh, never mind....

Anyway, As long as you saw the evic message saying unmarried, then the Tazer JL Mini is unmarried and you are good to go.

UConnect is fickle and may take a few more stop / starts, a little time / a little time driving, before you see Cargo Cam not working. Based on my past experience with other features..

Good that you were savvy enough to unmarry and pull the Tazer JL Mini before your dealer visit.

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yea had the same thing when I unmarried to send it to ZAuto as I messed up the port. I think it should be fine and will post if something is not. Hoping to get the TazerJL back this week, need it........

PGFDE121

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 FX-35
Don't think I saw anyone asking this question, but would the Tazer be able to control power steps? Would be nice if I didn't have to run wiring everywhere and could just plug into the ODB module and control it from there somehow.

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Electronics Engineer and Business Owner
Don't think I saw anyone asking this question, but would the Tazer be able to control power steps? Would be nice if I didn't have to run wiring everywhere and could just plug into the ODB module and control it from there somehow.
Check out AMP Research power steps. There is a standard and an 'XL' model for the JL. They plug into the OBDII port. Minimal wiring and no need for Tazer.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I had a similar issue, with me and it’s a little thing was I disabled the seat belt chime with the taser and now whether married or not the chime never works

Sponsored

PGFDE121

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 FX-35
Check out AMP Research power steps. There is a standard and an 'XL' model for the JL. They plug into the OBDII port. Minimal wiring and no need for Tazer.
Yeah I wanted to stay with the ACE stuff so I don't need to worry about bashing them a bit on the trails. The AMP stuff looks pretty good though! Just wondering why if AMP can wire in so easily don't others follow suit...

Wrangles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6 6sp Billet
Ugh, ZAutomotive decided to use a USB port from the 90’s (mini-USB) instead of the newer micro-USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.