Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
@Greenie

First thing I would tell you is you must not have dealt with the park override release properly. You pull up on that strap and it clicks and the vehicle is in neutral.

As for the "next day they boosted the battery" .... well, my guess is they tried to jump start it with a battery pack and that is known to be a no go with the JL. Had they used plain old, battery cables with a good 12v donor, your JL would probably have started.

My guess..... your JL's issue is related to battery(s). Battery(s) are aok, and just depleted or are bad.

Also.... be sure all fuses and relays in the PDC are pushed firmly down.
Why won't a portable jumper work with a JL?????
Sponsored

martyb511

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara, 15 Lexus CT200h, 15 Toyota Highlander Ltd
So I have a problem and could use some advice. My JL is completely dead. It wouldn't start so I had it jumped and drove it maybe 2 miles before the power steering died and car just wouldn't move. I tried jumping it again after an hour but the electronics of the JL wouldn't even come on. I had the battery connected via jumper cables for 15 mins, still no power to JL so I gave up. I will call AAA to tow to dealer in the morning but since I can't get the electronics of the JL to turn on I can't unmarry the Tazer JL lite. Should I just leave it plugged in or take it out with out unmarrying?

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
I would get it home, and put a trickle charger on it. May have to do both batteries separately. I would not take it to the dealership with the Tazer married to it! If you do I would bet they will void your warranty.

MLBRINES

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Chevy C10 1/2 ton pickup short bed. 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired IBM
Coupla quick questions:

1. What is the price for a Tazer (I think it's the Tazer JL) for my 2019 4 door Sahara, 3.6L ? Is there a forum discount for our members ?
2. Wil the Tazer allow the parking lights to stay on for an unlimited amount of time (or have options to allow more than the approx. 15 mins they stay on now, with the engine off and turned on using the dash light knob) ?

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Coupla quick questions:

1. What is the price for a Tazer (I think it's the Tazer JL) for my 2019 4 door Sahara, 3.6L ? Is there a forum discount for our members ?
2. Wil the Tazer allow the parking lights to stay on for an unlimited amount of time (or have options to allow more than the approx. 15 mins they stay on now, with the engine off and turned on using the dash light knob) ?
Also... there are eleventy-hundred threads on the Tazer JL with instruction, tips, when to remove it, etc. I say with confidence that you'll find answers to just about any question regarding its use.

I'm sure you've seen a few, but these are a few I've bookmarked over time.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/tazer-programmer-for-the-jl.5405/page-60#post-543327
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/cool-discovery-hot-key-back-up-cam.18474/#post-452685
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...new-product-offering.13866/page-2#post-350759

MLBRINES

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Chevy C10 1/2 ton pickup short bed. 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired IBM
Great information and thank you melendez69, CanAmMick, & RhineBeck01 ! So, the two initial issues I see are: 1). Do I need to remove the Tazer from my OBD port, before taking the Jeep in for any service ? I absolutely do not want any "warranty void" issues. 2). I'm not finding the information readily and I find no statement from zautomotive that says anything about voiding or not voiding my warranty....maybe I'm not looking in the right area on their website ? Thanx mates !

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
Great information and thank you melendez69, CanAmMick, & RhineBeck01 ! So, the two initial issues I see are: 1). Do I need to remove the Tazer from my OBD port, before taking the Jeep in for any service ? I absolutely do not want any "warranty void" issues. 2). I'm not finding the information readily and I find no statement from zautomotive that says anything about voiding or not voiding my warranty....maybe I'm not looking in the right area on their website ? Thanx mates !
x2

Sponsored

Malik

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JK
The only difference between jl and mini is one is two part and the other isn't?? What is the point of that? And which of those two would you get and why? Thanks for your input.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

You will have to remove it before a trip to the dealer. To void the warranty, I'd imagine there would have to be proof that using the device caused any damage necessitating warranty work.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
The only difference between jl and mini is one is two part and the other isn't?? What is the point of that? And which of those two would you get and why? Thanks for your input.
The mini is the newer model. If I were buying today I don't think there's any reason to buy the 2-part unit.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@word302
@Malik

Well, I can see a valid reason why someone would go with a Tazer JL versus a Tazer JL Mini.

If a guy/gal is concerned with the 12v power draw of a Tazer JL, he can easily unplug the Tazer JL from the OBDll port and then no power draw.

He/she could leave the Tazer JL married, the gateway module in place and just benefit from the non live features.

NOW, if he/she wants live features if say he/she is going off road, he/she can quickly just plug the Tazer JL back into the OBDll port and have live features..

On the other hand with the Tazer JL Mini.... you have the headache of getting up under the dash and fooling with the gateway connectors every time you want to do similar as to what I mention above.

Anyone that has fooled with the two connectors will tell you it ain't pretty, disconnecting and disconnecting .... and for sure, not as easy as unplugging the Tazer JL from the OBDll port.

Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.