Not open for further replies.

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
With all the info learned on the wiring diagrams with this Tazer, has anyone been able to tell if the passive entry wiring exists and is possible to add later?
Sponsored

darylwjl

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I'm looking to add the AUX ports and would like to know where you got the add-on parts for the install. TIA

Daryl

Since I am adding the Aux Switches to my Jeep this Friday, I wanted to know what the Tazer would do for them.

This is what I asked:

"
I am about to install the Aux Switches and wanted to know what I can control with your Tazer JL?

Do I have to have the dealer flash the system?

Other menu:
Enable Aux switch settings on the radio"

This is the reply:

The “aux” switch enable function on the Tazer JL is used to enable the factory Mopar Aux switch kit – which normally requires a trip to the dealer to enable them after they’re installed.

Once installed and enabled, they’ll work as I the Jeep was built with them.

I’ll be adding some mapping functions to them also, like to be able to use one to run a light show or something…

They’re programmable using the Uconnect to be monetary or push on/off and whether to work with ignition or all the time.

Wow! No fee for the dealer and all of the functions.

More when I get it installed.

CuylerTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Bright White 3.6L 8 Speed
I'm looking to add the AUX ports and would like to know where you got the add-on parts for the install. TIA

Daryl
You use the factory mopar AUX wiring kit PN 82215798AB

CuylerTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Bright White 3.6L 8 Speed
With all the info learned on the wiring diagrams with this Tazer, has anyone been able to tell if the passive entry wiring exists and is possible to add later?
Its partially wired. the doors are not.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats!! I ordered mine last week. I think you have the same setup as me with the 315 KO2’s. Do you mind sharing your tire settings so I can learn from your wisdom??
I'll share them when dialed in. I'm still about 1.5mph short indicated mph vs. Gps.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats!! I ordered mine last week. I think you have the same setup as me with the 315 KO2’s. Do you mind sharing your tire settings so I can learn from your wisdom??
Right now, I'm at 34.250 inches diameter and it is VERY close to the GPS speed, probably 1/2 mph or less under what the GPS reads, but I think it may be spot on, as when sitting still, gps tends to occasionally flash 1mph. My tires were at 34 pounds of pressure. Tomorrow I'm going up one more level on the tire diameter, and then I'm knocking the cold pressure down to 30psi, which should keep the diameter about where it is set right now. I want to run 30psi to get the full contact patch on the tire.

I also set the TPMS at 30lbs, which should put the low tire warning around 23lbs, if it is consistent with factory settings. I also disabled the fog light drop, meaning the fogs stay on when the brights come on. I like all the light I can throw out there. It shouldn't be a problem, as oncoming traffic seems to often think I have the brights on, anyway.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
New firmware update 11.0.2 for Tazer JL is coming tomorrow!

Added are the ability to turn on, and keep on, the backup camera and cargo cam inputs at any speed!

Also added is the ability to turn off the halo’s.. And a setting for front turns as LEDs for those that have switched to LED front turns.

zhilbert

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S

Added are the ability to turn on, and keep on, the backup camera and cargo cam inputs at any speed!

Also added is the ability to turn off the halo’s.. And a setting for front turns as LEDs for those that have switched to LED front turns.
Does front turns as LEDs setting eliminate the need for resistors, or do you still need the them?

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I finally opened my box up, it has only been sitting on the table for weeks. I will try and load up the driver to get ready for updates

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl

Did he change the icon for the front camera to a jeep instead of the pickup truck that was shown.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
What I'd like to know is....can you install factory remote start as an add-on? Is it as simple as turning the feature on in the computer and programming the new remotes??

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've now moved it to just over 34.4, and I'm still very, very slightly indicating maybe 0.5mph below the GPS speed. I'm getting close! Really it's close enough now, but I want it just a little closer.

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Think tazer could have ability to change window buttons to have all 4 do auto down AND auto up? Or is that not tied into the computer?

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Man, I really want this thing but I'm so scared jeep will find a way to void my warranty regarding electrical /computer system! With how intertwined it is with all the electronics, I can see issues around it in my future! I know they have to prove it is what caused the issue, but seems they may make us jump through many hoops to get warranty work done too.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
It's all about $ and I believe they will void your warranty. Just look at them upcharging everyone just for a tire size recal. They obviously know about the Tazer and is forcing you to go through them.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.