Not open for further replies.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Placed my order yesterday after sending an email via the ZAutomotive site and getting answers back within an hour or so :) Awesome response time!

Also, ZAutomotive confirmed that disabling auto-park is going to be coming soon!
Still waiting for my 2 door. What is auto park?
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

Greenie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Since installing the Tazer, I notice that the following message is displayed for the first minute or so when I start the Jeep and place it in gear.

“Vehicle Not In Park”

Any ideas?

854AC168-6A1B-499F-AC2E-215C31EE4439.jpeg

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU

Sponsored

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Since installing the Tazer, I notice that the following message is displayed for the first minute or so when I start the Jeep and place it in gear.

“Vehicle Not In Park”

Any ideas?

It isn't lying!
Sorry, that wasn't helpful.

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited

“Vehicle Not In Park”

Any ideas?

Are you sure you aren’t starting and dropping it into gear really quickly? That’s the he only time I’ve seen that. What settings did you change? If you unplug the tazer (so the live features are not operatin) do you have the same message? If you unmarry, returning it to stock, does that not happen? I’m sure there’s an explanation, let’s get to the bottom of that one. First I’ve heard of this in any JL.

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Are you sure you aren’t starting and dropping it into gear really quickly? That’s the he only time I’ve seen that. What settings did you change? If you unplug the tazer (so the live features are not operatin) do you have the same message? If you unmarry, returning it to stock, does that not happen? I’m sure there’s an explanation, let’s get to the bottom of that one. First I’ve heard of this in any JL.
Kudos to zauto/Joe's response time!

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Great example of great attention to customers from ZAuto!

Greenie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
So it's been a few days since the initial install and many turning on/off of the ignition. I have sometimes slammed it into gear upon startup as well as patiently placed it into gear. Have not seen the message since.

Now the doors were off when I first installed the Tazer, and I'm thinking that the message is associated with the autopark sensor and door removal. You may be aware that when the doors are on and open, the vehicle will not allow you to move forward in Drive. I'll test this theory again when I have some time and let you know.

I'm mean time, I have enabled the Disable Camera Lockout option which allows me to view the camera while in any gear for any length of time. Coincidently I noticed that holding the radio Mute button for more than a few seconds will also access the back up camera. Was this by design? As this is a Live feature, I'll need to test this without the Tazer plugged in.

Sponsored

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
@joe@zauto,

Is it possible to have the tazer switch the layout of the buttons on the back of the steering wheel? I prefer the volume to be on the left side and the channel select to be on the right. Jeep is the first vehicle I've owned that has the buttons reversed.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
So it's been a few days since the initial install and many turning on/off of the ignition. I have sometimes slammed it into gear upon startup as well as patiently placed it into gear. Have not seen the message since.

Now the doors were off when I first installed the Tazer, and I'm thinking that the message is associated with the autopark sensor and door removal. You may be aware that when the doors are on and open, the vehicle will not allow you to move forward in Drive. I'll test this theory again when I have some time and let you know.

I'm mean time, I have enabled the Disable Camera Lockout option which allows me to view the camera while in any gear for any length of time. Coincidently I noticed that holding the radio Mute button for more than a few seconds will also access the back up camera. Was this by design? As this is a Live feature, I'll need to test this without the Tazer plugged in.
Yes, mine is stock (I don't own a Tazer) and I get this "Vehicle Not in Park" message on my screen while I'm driving sometimes if my doors are off. The CAN-BUS system gets confused I think. Too many computers trying to talk to each other on these Jeeps.

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR StingGray
Was there a forum discount code floating around? I skimmed back threw this thread but didn’t see it although I could have sworn I read it somewhere.

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Was there a forum discount code floating around? I skimmed back threw this thread but didn’t see it although I could have sworn I read it somewhere.
Go to their Facebook page and send them a PM. They'll quickly respond with a code. Excellent service from these folks!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.