First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2020 Sahara JLU
Occupation
retired
Got some good info from Joe! Turns out it must be related to the fact I used MAC to update the mini. (MAC is CRAP) He had to give me an activation code which I entered into the serial# screen using the left arrow\cruise+-| cruise on buttons. I can see menus now, but some features didn't work as expected. Probably me needing to understand the details behind each a little more. Thanks all for input.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Got some good info from Joe! Turns out it must be related to the fact I used MAC to update the mini. (MAC is CRAP) He had to give me an activation code which I entered into the serial# screen using the left arrow\cruise+-| cruise on buttons. I can see menus now, but some features didn't work as expected. Probably me needing to understand the details behind each a little more. Thanks all for input.
I know lots don’t like MAC but that all I use, not running a Tazer but using JSCAN and never had a single issue, I’m thinking ZAUTO needs to do some tweaking on their MAC software not everyone gobbles up MS.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
WHAT WILL YOU USE YOUR TAZER FOR? NEVER HEARD OF THESE UNTIL YOUR POST.
I've heard of all of those features. In-motion Nav is a great feature. Now my wife can type in a destination while I'm driving. I understand why FCA blocks it so the driver isn't distracted, but it's one of my favorite Tazer features.

I've also adjusted the TPMS warning threshold, and the ESS automatically stays off when I turn the Jeep on.
I don't use turn cam, but I do use the reverse camera like a second rearview mirror (to keep an eye on the trailer/load) when towing. I like that the camera stays on instead of it turning off after a few seconds.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I've heard of all of those features. In-motion Nav is a great feature. Now my wife can type in a destination while I'm driving. I understand why FCA blocks it so the driver isn't distracted, but it's one of my favorite Tazer features.

I've also adjusted the TPMS warning threshold, and the ESS automatically stays off when I turn the Jeep on.
I don't use turn cam, but I do use the reverse camera like a second rearview mirror (to keep an eye on the trailer/load) when towing. I like that the camera stays on instead of it turning off after a few seconds.
@Shots

In regard to In-motion Nav, (Yes, terrific Tazer JL feature offering) DO, be sure when you reach your destination to turn off In-Motion .... Again, be sure you turn that feature off...

IF, you do not turn it off, you risk coming out in the morning lets say, to resume your trip, only to find your battery(s) dead..

In the instructions ZAutomotive (Joe) says this... "It is recommended to leave this setting OFF, enabling it only when you need to use it, as it can cause an occasional radio reboot right after engine start-up."

Indeed, it does as mentioned in the instructions but along with that, you may see UConnect reboot repeatedly all night when the vehicle is parked and thus the battery(s) depletion. This repeated rebooting does not always occur, but can/ has been known to happy.

Early on when the feature was debuted and this quirk was not known by Joe and user's, I fell victim to this.... I was 400 miles away from home and fortunately, I knew how to get myself out of the jam I found myself in. I

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
That's good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Hood alarm is a default setting.. i don't have it listed either but it's active. I know because some thieves have tested it :). Great feature!

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Hood alarm is a default setting
The JL doesn’t have a hood alarm by default. The Tazer adds that functionality as a live feature. It has to be enabled.

i don't have it listed either but it's active.
If you’re not seeing it in the live menus, something isn’t right.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The JL doesn’t have a hood alarm by default. The Tazer adds that functionality as a live feature. It has to be enabled.

Yes, should be seen in Live Menu.

Only other mentionable about the hood alarm feature is ......... Turn hood alarm on/off. Mandates/Requires that Set Panic is enabled. Another words you have not disabled the panic button on the fob(s) via the associated Tazer JL feature.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase

I'll have to play around with it today. I purchased it for TPMS modification, rear locker in 2wd, and swaykill, which all work great. I'll check out these other 'live' features.

Anyone know how to lower the TPMS below 25psi or is it suggested to just fully disable it at that point?

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Anyone know how to lower the TPMS below 25psi or is it suggested to just fully disable it at that point?
25 is the lowest setting the vehicle will allow. It’s not a Tazer limitation.

Most will disable TPMS at that point.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Turn it off and buy a tire gage

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
I have an order of wheels and tires on the way and I completely forgot I'll need a recalibration tool so I guess I'll order the Tazer. Does anyone know if shipping for these is taking a while (lack of supply) or should I expect one pretty quickly? @Rhinebeck01 you seem to know a lot about these things. Would you happen to know?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have an order of wheels and tires on the way and I completely forgot I'll need a recalibration tool so I guess I'll order the Tazer. Does anyone know if shipping for these is taking a while (lack of supply) or should I expect one pretty quickly? @Rhinebeck01 you seem to know a lot about these things. Would you happen to know?
@SouthernJL

Order from ZAutomotive's website. It will ship right out.

Do yourself a favor and also order the SGW Extension cable at the same time.