Sponsored

Sun Visor Fix

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
@zrickety
Thank you for the shipping :like:
I bet rolling around in Switzerland w/ that Jeep gets some attention, bet you get asked about your Jeep quite often. And lucky you, that's one of my favorite places we've ever been to, just amazing country.
Sponsored

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
A "slightly lifted" Jeep attracts attention, yes.
Because here there are only few cars (Jeep, Toyota, Land) with suspension kit and big wheels ... fortunately we meet some from time to time ;)

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Tim, I just want to say thanks again. I've ordered 1 single screw and 2 double screw kits, and you even gave me a discount! Great quality parts.
I did mail a kit to our friend in Switzerland, it was only $3 in the same envelope you sent me. You may want to consider selling international, you would make a lot of folks happy.

@zrickety

Thanks for doing that for Steph... Most don't know the following bit of trivia.... but Steph in Switzerland, 2 years +-, ago, did a real good deed lets say, for literally thousands of JL/JT owner's..

Trivia:

Off topic, but I would like to once again.... THANK, @SwissSteph very much, for doing all the lets call it footwork / finding the SGW Extension Cable that most all Tazer JL owner's and other programmer user's are absolutely thrilled with. ZAutomotive was at a loss / could not come up with such an offering.....

YOU, Swisssteph, and only you, went on a search for such an extension cable and found an automotive assembler/supplier for same in China. That was not an easy task at all.

Joe, at ZAutomotive after being told... (by me), of your find --->you posted on this forum, you had found a company in China to make up the cable) started immediately buying hundreds of the SGW Extension Cables from the China company and selling the cable on the ZAutomotive website.

https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z_sgw_ext/

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
@zrickety

Thanks for doing that for Steph... Most don't know the following bit of trivia.... but Steph in Switzerland, 2 years +-, ago, did a real good deed lets say, for literally thousands of JL/JT owner's..

Trivia:

Off topic, but I would like to once again.... THANK, @SwissSteph very much, for doing all the lets call it footwork / finding the SGW Extension Cable that most all Tazer JL owner's and other programmer user's are absolutely thrilled with. ZAutomotive was at a loss / could not come up with such an offering.....

YOU, Swisssteph, and only you, went on a search for such an extension cable and found an automotive assembler/supplier for same in China. That was not an easy task at all.

Joe, at ZAutomotive after being told... (by me), of your find --->you posted on this forum, you had found a company in China to make up the cable) started immediately buying hundreds of the SGW Extension Cables from the China company and selling the cable on the ZAutomotive website.

https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z_sgw_ext/

I'm a firm believer in karma...case in point.

UniqueUserName

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Wrangler YJ, 2022 JLUR-XR
After reading through this thread in its entirety and seeing the responses and responsiveness of @Shootertim, I feel compelled to order a set of the two-screw version. Yes, It may be overkill but overkill is often underrated.

Now if I can just get Jeep to build my JLUR...

Sponsored

APiratesLife4Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Clubs

@Shootertim How am I sure I will get the countersunk 2-screw version?

I'm ready to order but I don't want the non-countersunk style and neither the Ebay nor Amazon listings look to be countersunk.

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
@Shootertim How am I sure I will get the countersunk 2-screw version?

I'm ready to order but I don't want the non-countersunk style and neither the Ebay nor Amazon listings look to be countersunk.
Accordiing to my correspondence with Tim, they are all countersunk now. He just has not updated the photos. I ordered mine a few days ago from Amazon. Hopefully when they show up they will be countersunk.

copper49er

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Islander
If you have the wiring harness on your visor, now is the time to take a picture of the connector showing where wire colors are placed in the connector. Trust me on this one. LOL.

Here's what we are going to do:
  1. remove the wires/pins from the connector body
  2. remove the push pin harness retainer (taped on the harness)
  3. remove the tape holding the harness fold over
  4. remove the broken plastic ring and discard it
  5. slide the visor baseplate off the harness
  6. grind down the plastic boss around the hole where the visor shank goes thru the visor baseplate, so a retainer can be put on the metal part of the visor shank.
  7. reassemble
To remove the wire pins from the connector body, use a little flat blade screwdriver to pry the cover up on the connector as shown in my picture. That exposes the pins where their locking tabs are located and can be easily depressed and pulled out. Do them one at a time, lightly depressing the area exposed and gently pulling the wire. Be careful not to pull so hard you pull the wire out of the pin.

BTW, I had to split the fiberglass sleeving back about an inch or so, on the harness, near the connector, so I could pull the pins one at a time thru the little broken plastic retainer. But, you shouldn't need to split the sleeve to get the pins thru that plastic retainer if you just use some wire cutters to cut the broken old plastic retainer in two.
20200118_155318.jpg
20200118_155344.jpg
20200118_155826.jpg
@roaniecowpony Just curious by looking at the pictures of the wires it appears you have (3) wires. Black,red, and white. Does your sun visor have the HomeLink garage door opener built-in?

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
CAUTION ! CAUTION ! ....... Buyer Beware!

CAVEAT EMPTOR!

There is a fraudulent, eBAY seller that is selling Chinese knockoff, single screw visor clips that are bad bad / piss poor ...and not the same single screw, visor clips, we have been talking about in this thread...

This bogus seller is even using the pics of the Taccom visor clips we have been talking about.

This bogus seller has the product label, Tacoom ...when the product name of the real deal visor clip is Taccom.

With that said, be careful to purchase the real deal, first to market visor clips on Amazon or if you buy on eBAY , do buy at THIS , link from eBAY seller taccom3g . Price is $19.95 plus $5.00 shipping.

I let @Shootertim know earlier tonight when I noted the fraudulent seller on eBAY. I also notified eBAY.

TACCOM SUN VISOR CLIPS(2) FOR JEEP 2018 & NEWER JK, JL, JT GLADIATOR, WRANGLER

Jeep Wrangler JL Sun Visor Fix s-l1600

OP
OP
roaniecowpony

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
@roaniecowpony Just curious by looking at the pictures of the wires it appears you have (3) wires. Black,red, and white. Does your sun visor have the HomeLink garage door opener built-in?
Yes, mine is a Homelink model.

UniqueUserName

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Wrangler YJ, 2022 JLUR-XR
I received the 2-screw version that I just recently ordered today, so I can attest that @Shootertim ships promptly and his product has all the appearances of being very high quality. I won't be able to actually install them until Jeep gets around to building my Wrangler.

BTW: I also reported the counterfeit TACOOM eBay listing.

Last edited:

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
I reported the counterfeit seller to eBay just now, too. I can't believe they would let this listing remain up.

In the meantime, the 2-hole countersunk clips I received from TACCOM recently are working well.
Sponsored