The FIX for the drip rail water leaking that anyone can do

redelses

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
that channel on the 2021s does nothing for the exterior gutter water draining into the cab. not sure what it is meant for but it's too far inside the pillar to catch water from the roof/gutter. may be for potential leaks in the one-top option? unfortunately the 2021s still direct the roof water directly onto your legs and into the cab.

Here’s me going to look for that part number.

Advertisement

Baconator

First Name
Marc
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler
Actually, I do this, too. I've got a spot at work with a slight incline, so it works many times. Not a permanent solution, though, but better than nothing.

OP, brilliant solution! Love it!
Put your front driver's tire on a curb. That said, it's a really stupid lack of foresight by Jeep. We shouldn't have to solve this type of problem with hacky junk. This weather stripping idea is pretty solid, but it shouldn't even be an issue...

shoregrrrl

First Name
Wendy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
$10 versus $20 at Amazon for the same product is a definite thumbs up!
Has anyone seen a solution that can be used with the soft top? All of these rain channel extensions are only for hard top applications. :(

OP
Rubi-Zero

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone seen a solution that can be used with the soft top? All of these rain channel extensions are only for hard top applications. :(
the easiest DIY solution is one the first page and was made for the soft top.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
There was a $2.10 coupon that I had in AliExpress which makes it $7.69 to the door.

@DanW + @Steve JLUR
Thanks. I ordered yesterday, but didn’t do the coupon. Got a notification that it is shipped. We’ll see how long it takes to get here.

Advertisement

Tri-City Jeep

Advertisement