"Subaru < Bronco < Jeep"

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I didn't start this thread. Also if Bronco was trying to be a wannabe wouldn't they have went with a solid front axle?
Probably wouldn't do this well in King in the Hammers either since it's various terrain and not just rock crawling. šŸ˜‰

Screenshot_20220822-080141_Samsung Internet.jpg
Didnā€™t these have portal axles installed? Not really a stock option and a little out of the price range of most Bronco and Jeep buyers.

Ford has poured a ton of money into trying to own the off-road community in the last few years which is why Iā€™m not all that upset to see some reviews where the people arenā€™t gushing over how much better it is than the Jeep.

The world is full of sellouts. Take @justinbmcbride who gave up his Jeep and gushed over the Bronco when Ford handed him a brand new Bronco for free. I donā€™t blame him. Itā€™s how the system works.

Ever notice in the professional reviews they always start or end with, ā€œto be fully transparent Ford (Stellantis, GM, Honda, shit brick auto, insert any big manufacturer) paid for me to fly out and stay in a 4 star hotel, picked me up in a limo, and drove me to their professionally groomed track to test the _ _ _ _.ā€ Itā€™s all fake. If they arenā€™t being paid by the manufacturers they are trying to create controversial content to get clicks.

The reality is an honest to god review of the Bronco or the Jeep is hard to find anymore. There is so much money floating around from both Ford, Stellantis, and every other manufacturer that in reality youā€™re not going to get the truth.

At least these two started in Jeeps and didnā€™t sell out. Is their content a little biased? Maybe, but so is everyone elseā€™sā€¦also being on a Jeep forum Iā€™d say our own point of views are skewed.

You own both and said youā€™re going to post some honest comparisons of the two. I look forward to watching. But I assume you bought each one because you enjoy them which is what really matters in the end.

Last edited:

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I spent a month wheeling in Moab this year. Saw many kick ass looking broncos in the town of Moab. They were all over the whole town. I have ran 52 of the trails listed in the Moab trail book. Never saw one Bronco on a harder trail. If I saw a Toyota, a Subaru on the trail, sure enough there might be a Bronco.
That's exactly what I was saying. If you didn't push the Bronco as hard as your Jeep how the Hell can you even give this review. It's total Biased nonsense!!

My channel will be up and running soon and I'll give real non biased reviews the best I can. It won't be extreme off roading but it will be light to moderate and completely honest. I own both and I have no affiliation with any brands sponsors or businesses that benefit from either. Just an every day regular owner of both. The first couple episodes will be basic introduction stuff though nothing crazy and an over view of the vehicles.

Screenshot_20220820-152617_Gallery.jpg
Well get ready to work on the broncos. Everyone that pushes the bronco, ends up breaking it. Enjoy the walk.

I look forward to your videos.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
That's the stock class. There's mods but nothing extreme. I watched stock Sasquatch Broncos go over some pretty extreme terrain with no mods. A lot more then even I'll ever do. What about Lite brites $150k Wrangler? That's not modified. Lol.
King of hammers "stock" is what we would consider almost unreachable extreme. Ford put together a good team too. Dont underestimate the driver and the entire team behind it.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
I spent a month wheeling in Moab this year. Saw many kick ass looking broncos in the town of Moab. They were all over the whole town. I have ran 52 of the trails listed in the Moab trail book. Never saw one Bronco on a harder trail. If I saw a Toyota, a Subaru on the trail, sure enough there might be a Bronco.

Well get ready to work on the broncos. Everyone that pushes the bronco, ends up breaking it. Enjoy the walk.
šŸ¤£ LMAO.

Sponsored

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Didnā€™t these have portal axles installed? Not really a stock option and a little out of the price range of most Bronco and Jeep buyers.

Ford has poured a ton of money into trying to own the off-road community in the last few years which is why Iā€™m not all that upset to see some reviews where the people arenā€™t gushing over how much better it is than the Jeep.

The world is full of sellouts. Take @justinbmcbride who gave up his Jeep and gushed over the Bronco when Ford handed him a brand new Bronco for free. I donā€™t blame him. Itā€™s how the system works.

Ever notice in the professional reviews they always start or end with, ā€œto be fully transparent Ford (Stellantis, GM, Honda, shit brick auto, insert any big manufacturer) paid for me to fly out and stay in a 4 star hotel, picked me up in a limo, and drove me to their professionally groomed track to test the _ _ _ _.ā€ Itā€™s all fake. If they arenā€™t being paid by the manufacturers they are trying to create controversial content to get clicks.

The reality is an honest to god review of the Bronco or the Jeep is hard to find anymore. There is so much money floating around from both Ford, Stellantis, and every other manufacturer that in reality your not going to get the truth.

At least these two started in Jeeps and didnā€™t sell out. Is their content biased? Absolutely, but so is everyone elseā€™sā€¦also being on a Jeep forum Iā€™d say our own point of views are a little skewed.

You own both and said your going to post some honest comparisons of the two. I look forward to watching. But I assume you bought each one because you enjoy them which is what really matters in the end.
That's definitely the idea. I will absolutely give my honest thoughts and reviews of both of them over the years. I can tell you for a fact if one or both give me major issues I'll be the first to let everyone know. I think people are assuming I'm this hardcore Bronco fan posting about the Bronco on a Jeep forum. That's so far from reality it's not even funny.

I think we all benefit from knowing the facts. It's always better to have more then just one option to off road with. And let's be honest if it wasn't for the Bronco Sasquatch we wouldn't have the Jeep Xtreme Recon. And I love my Xtreme Recon so far.

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
Only Lite Brite sheep believe this. I'm sorry Lite Brite is so Biased towards Jeep its not even funny. I knew the second they bought that Bronco their plans were to bash it. The Jeep made them and their channel.

They claim to be non Biased and not support any specific auto manufacturers. Well guess what maybe not specifically but they are an America's Most Wanted certified mechanic and Installer. Take a guess what America's Most Wanted specializes in? Yep Jeeps and specifically Jeep engine swaps.

You don't think Lite Brite benefits from convincing Jeep is better. Well they do. Convince more people to buy Jeeps and then convince them they need more power just like they've been doing in their last couple videos showing off their new engine builds. They are financially invested.

It's easy to pick the low hanging fruit on a vehicle and blow it out of proportion. You can literally pick things about any vehicle and convince people it's trash. You can do that with Jeep easily. Death wobble? Major corrosion problem? You get the idea.

Then they try to say the Bronco was super capable when it was tested during Easter Jeep Safari on the Rubicon trail because Loren Healey was driving and he can drive anything? Your kidding right? The vehicle either is or it isn't. Lol. And they claim they're too scared to take it to the extreme like they did with there Rubicon when it was stock? What? Isn't that the point? How can you do an extreme off road review and call it better or worse if you're too afraid to push it too it's limits? So is Loren Healey a good driver and Kevin sucks?

I'm sorry but this is total Biased nonsense.
I only know who she is from her drifting on Overdrive. lmao

OP
OP
Headbarcode

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
or a push button start? JL has way to much dodgy electronics to make big claims lol
"Time will tell" and mentions of push button start, which is pretty much industry standard at this point, is all the answer my questions can garner? Not exactly confidence inspiring.

To the whole audience:

Can any resident bronco fans give a real response to my specific items in question? Not the jerk circle responses that are far too typical on the 6g forum, but something even remotely based in reality?

If not, it's perfectly OK to accept that the bronco fills the gap mentioned in the video. In fact, there's more dignity down that path vs continuing to paddle upstream with a tennis racket.

Sponsored

Bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 Sahara 4xe
I didn't start this thread. Also if Bronco was trying to be a wannabe wouldn't they have went with a solid front axle?
Probably wouldn't do this well in King in the Hammers either since it's various terrain and not just rock crawling. šŸ˜‰

Screenshot_20220822-080141_Samsung Internet.jpg
Yes yes we get it broncoman13, you love your bronco. The SUV derivative of a ranger is definitely as good as a jeep off road at jeep things even though bronco is inferior to the raptor in terms of part strength, articulation, engine, etc and no one would ever think a raptor is better than a jeep at rocks.

Seriously though the stock class does not mean it's a stock vehicle or even close to stock vehicle. All it means is it's a stock frame, with a stock engine, stock tranny, 2.5inch single shocks (no double throw downs) and 35 inch tires. The 4600 class bronco suspensions share as much with a stock bronco as they do with a jeep, aka nothing. The suspension alone on those is north of 100k in terms of RnD and fabrication costs.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Like I said it's a easy for them to pick things to nit pick about and sound authentic. Especially with a channel as big as theirs and the off roading they do. But they are Biased. And financially invested with America's Most Wanted.

Is the Jeep better for some things over the Bronco? Absolutely.. But the Bronco is also better at some things over the Jeep off road as well. That's why I decided to own both.

All I know is both Vehicles can do the Rubicon trail stock no problem. That's all the hard-core I need in an off road vehicle. But the Bronco can also do 80 miles an hour over rough open space terrain and feel like it's on glass.
Didn't you just agree with their comparison?

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
"Time will tell" and mentions of push button start, which is pretty much industry standard at this point, is all the answer my questions can garner? Not exactly confidence inspiring.

To the whole audience:

Can any resident bronco fans give a real response to my specific items in question? Not the jerk circle responses that are far too typical on the 6g forum, but something even remotely based in reality?

If not, it's perfectly OK to accept that the bronco fills the gap mentioned in the video. In fact, there's more dignity down that path vs continuing to paddle upstream with a tennis racket.
You missed the point. Their take on the video could be 100% right or wrong, the point is they actually wheeled and fixed things that broke on the jeep (alot of issues, with their first JL being replaced by FCA lol), and did not even try on the bronco.

Its perfectly fine to like either one, again the point is there was no real comparison, they only actually tried one of them, the other one they mailed in some quick videos and admitted they did not try to wheel it hard.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
They have a Raptor on order......for all those that thought there was a deep Jeep oriented conspiracy, lol.
Jeep Wrangler JL "Subaru < Bronco < Jeep" Screenshot_20220823-024327_Chrome
Nice attempt at damage control. You can tell their salty from the backlash. With there money I guess they can buy any shiny new toy and test it. But the Raptor? Lol. Hope they like 8 more inches of width over the standard Bronco. No thanks. Good luck squeezing that down tight trails.

So what's the plan talk good about the Raptor and try and restore some credibility and fans? Lol.
Sponsored